PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING A TOPIC!!! And rules!

Check out members who are in the business of TEA/teaware!

Apr 10th, '10, 09:43
Scrolling: scrolling

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING A TOPIC!!! And rules!

by Chip » Apr 10th, '10, 09:43

OK here is the deal. I am taking this experiment a step further. READ and follow the simple steps and rules below ... and do not ruin this for everyone. This is experimental.

Remember this one thing above all else, this is a service to members of TeaChat. If your business benefits in the process, great! But do NOT offend the membership of TeaChat.

If you are a member of TeaChat for at least 6 months*** (see below) who owns or operates a tea related business, and you are an active poster whose posts are of substance and volume *** (see below), and you do not appear to be here with perceived obvious or ulterior motives of promoting your tea related business ... you may PM a request to me to post ONE AND ONLY ONE topic under TeaMerchandiser to announce your business and promote it.

If you are already under TeawareArtisans, you will not be permitted to have a topic in both locations. I strongly recommend TAs stay under TeawareArtisans as it is catered to specific group.

Albeit, the above criteria is subjective to a degree, but I do go out of my way to be fair and objective. Bottom line, this is a judgement call that is at my discretion!

Within your topic, you may with restraint post links and photos of your products and services, however do not turn this into a catalog or price list. I will edit as I see fit and w/o warning!!!

Please note, this is a reward and a priviledge, not a right. Therefore be mindful and respectful of the forum rules when posting outside of TeaMerchandiser on TeaChat. Consider this a safe zone, an island where you can promote your business. Once off this island and on the big continent of TeaChat, DO NOT PROMOTE YOUR BUSINESS!

Violating these guidelines will result in loss of TeaMerchandiser priviledges, your topic will be removed, and you could lose all TeaChat priviledges and face possible banning from the forum.

*** the time requirement may be reduced by up to 3 months for increased forum activity (posting) and the quality of content of posting.

Likewise the time requirement may be increased due to lack of activity.

Apr 10th, '10, 09:54

Re: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING A TOPIC!!!

by Chip » Apr 10th, '10, 09:54

Once you have PMed me and have been approved ...

You may create your one and only one topic under TeaMerchandiser.

You must structure your topic title as follows. Your user name, business name (no link or .com in title), product(s) - very briefly.

Do not include your url in your avatar. Do not use your logo as your avatar. Do not include your business name in your avatar.

You may include a link to your site in your profile.

Your forum's user name may NOT include a .com, but it may include part of your business name, for instance if your business was named AceTea.com, you could use the name Ace Tea or similar. If you want to change your user name, you will need to PM your request to me. If I approve it, I will change your name accordingly.

Remember, TeaMerchandiser is an island where you can promote your business, DO NOT on the rest of the forum.

READ the original topic post above and be sure you understand it fully. PM me if you have a question about something you want to do. Play it safe!

DO NOT make an initial contact via email or PM in an attempt to sell to members!!! If a member contacts you via email or PM and asks a question about your products or services, then you may respond.

Violating any of these guidelines will result in loss of priviledges and removal of your TeaMerchandiser topic! Further discipline could include banning from TeaChat. So, please conduct yourself appropriately. If you have any question at any time as to what this means, PLEASE PM ME FIRST. :mrgreen:

Oh, and GOOD LUCK!

Apr 19th, '11, 13:20

by Chip » Apr 19th, '11, 13:20

One final note at this time, we are moving this up in the forum temporarily, hoping this will become active. It will be moved up and down in the Community category depending on overall forum objectives.

Speaking of active, it is up to the OP to keep the topic alive and active! Activity means members are also reading and hopefully replying as well.

Any topic that is inactive for an extended period of time, might be moved to a non visible location. The topic would then need to be reactivated by contacting me.

Also if a business closes, please contact me so I can move the topic.

Thanks.

Apr 19th, '11, 13:24

by Chip » Apr 19th, '11, 13:24

OK, members who are also in the business of tea. Please PM your request to me to post a topic in TeaMerchandiser!

Please read the posts above first.

Thanks,
Chip
Immoderate TeaDrinker who happens to Moderate

Jan 19th, '12, 10:20

Re: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING A TOPIC!!! And rules!

by Chip » Jan 19th, '12, 10:20

For clarity sake. This is already stated in this topic.

Members granted a TeaMerchandiser topic shall not post items for sale elsewhere on the forum. TMs are given a topic under TeaMerchandiser for this purpose.

Therefore posting of items for sale, promotions, etc. elsewhere on TeaChat by a TM shall be deleted without notification.

This is congruent with the general forum's rules on this matter.

Thank you for understanding and complying. The last thing I want to do is delete member's posts!

Chip

Apr 28th, '12, 12:10

Re: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING A TOPIC!!! And rules!

by Chip » Apr 28th, '12, 12:10

It has become neccesary to add another rule ...

On their own, policies and terms of TeaMerchandisers posted within their topic shall not be enforcible. These must be shared directly in another manner with the buyer. It is unreasonable to expect members to know where a TeaMerchandiser's policies are located within a topic ... or if there are even policies.

So, let's make it fair and easy for everyone. This is mutually protective for the TeaMerchandiser as well as the buying member.

TeaMerchandisers will be required to include any special terms or policies in direct communication with prospective buyers PRIOR to receiving payment from any member of TeaChat if the transaction was born from TeaMerchandiser. This could be as easy as including it with the request for payment email.

Exceptions, if the TM has an e-commerce site with checkout and terms are signed off by the buyer ... or terms are shared clearly on the TeaMerchandiser's web site.

Buyers may also have certain rights when paying with Paypal or a credit card such as buyer protection in the event of a disagreement or problem that cannot be resolved.

ALWAYS endeavor to resolve a problem directly with the TeaMerchandiser first! This goes without saying.

Have a great TeaDay,
Chip

May 7th, '12, 17:21

Sorry, what

by Cnenaristo » May 7th, '12, 17:21

Sorry, what?

May 7th, '12, 17:26

Re: Sorry, what

by Chip » May 7th, '12, 17:26

Cnenaristo wrote:Sorry, what?