JayinHK: TeaLifeHK.com Is Now Up!

Check out members who are in the business of TEA/teaware!

Nov 12th, '16, 06:39
Vendor Member

Re: JayinHK: TeaLifeHK.com Is Now Up!

by jayinhk » Nov 12th, '16, 06:39

Also running a 10% off promo until Monday morning on the 21st (Hong Kong time)! I just added a 1994 Dayi raw tuo--15g samples available!

Dec 11th, '16, 10:30
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Dec 11th, '16, 10:30

From now on, EC-Ship shipping on all orders over HK$800/US$103 is free! I'm also running 15% off until Sunday the 18th on everything on the site! 1970s handpainted Chaozhou cups going up mid-week!

Dec 17th, '16, 00:19

by Candana » Dec 17th, '16, 00:19

jayinhk wrote:Also running a 10% off promo until Monday morning on the 21st (Hong Kong time)! I just added a 1994 Dayi raw tuo--15g samples available!
Your teas seem very very expensive for what they are
Eg over USD 200 for a 2005 dayi / cnnp 8582

Dec 17th, '16, 00:32
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Dec 17th, '16, 00:32

Candana wrote:
jayinhk wrote:Also running a 10% off promo until Monday morning on the 21st (Hong Kong time)! I just added a 1994 Dayi raw tuo--15g samples available!
Hong Kong storage (and hence prices), plus my cost of living--I need to make a margin after PayPal fees, and shipping is built into the price (free shipping over US$103). The storage here means that tea is a real pleasure to drink! You could get it much cheaper from Kunming, but it might not be all that pleasurable because of the difference in aging. Dry storage can be excellent too, of course, and you can get lovely Kunming storage 8582. It's all about storage...HK and Taiwan dry storage are my favorite styles.

I have my own tea in dry storage, which will mean I get to cut out the middleman down the line! :D

Dec 17th, '16, 09:14

by Candana » Dec 17th, '16, 09:14

jayinhk wrote:
Candana wrote:
Hong Kong storage (and hence prices), plus my cost of living--I need to make a margin after PayPal fees, and shipping is built into the price (free shipping over US$103). The storage here means that tea is a real pleasure to drink! You could get it much cheaper from Kunming, but it might not be all that pleasurable because of the difference in aging. Dry storage can be excellent too, of course, and you can get lovely Kunming storage 8582. It's all about storage...HK and Taiwan dry storage are my favorite styles.

I have my own tea in dry storage, which will mean I get to cut out the middleman down the line! :D
I have only ever drunk dry stored teas. I am currently in Penang, drinking lots of pu er but the climate here would not justify the term wet in my opinion, it doesn't rain very much.

Dec 17th, '16, 09:40
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Dec 17th, '16, 09:40

Candana wrote:
jayinhk wrote:
Candana wrote:

I have only ever drunk dry stored teas. I am currently in Penang, drinking lots of pu er but the climate here would not justify the term wet in my opinion, it doesn't rain very much.
How long have you been there? :) I know you mentioned it in the other thread. I thought Penang would be quite wet in the summer!

Dec 17th, '16, 21:05

by Henk » Dec 17th, '16, 21:05

The raining season is oct-dec but most of the heavy rains are on the east coast. But I would think that for storage it's the (relative) humidity of the air that matters and this is high throughout the year, especially close to water.

Dec 17th, '16, 21:36
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Dec 17th, '16, 21:36

Henk wrote:The raining season is oct-dec but most of the heavy rains are on the east coast. But I would think that for storage it's the (relative) humidity of the air that matters and this is high throughout the year, especially close to water.
Yes, humidity and temperature both count--wet and cool won't do as much for tea (HK vs London, for example). Since Penang is an island, it should be plenty humid all year. Penang is still south of Thailand so should be plenty tropical all year round. I haven't been to Penang yet, but will eventually get out there to check it out and eat some good food!

Dec 18th, '16, 05:09

by Candana » Dec 18th, '16, 05:09

jayinhk wrote:
Candana wrote:
jayinhk wrote:
Candana wrote:

How long have you been there? :) I know you mentioned it in the other thread. I thought Penang would be quite wet in the summer!
Hi,

I have been here for six months, going back to Myanmar (where I usually stay) next week. I'm an (australian) buddhist monk...

Dec 18th, '16, 07:18
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Dec 18th, '16, 07:18

Candana wrote:
jayinhk wrote:
Candana wrote:
jayinhk wrote:
Candana wrote:

Hi,

I have been here for six months, going back to Myanmar (where I usually stay) next week. I'm an (australian) buddhist monk...
Cool, Theravada?

Dec 18th, '16, 07:34

by Candana » Dec 18th, '16, 07:34

jayinhk wrote:
Candana wrote:
jayinhk wrote:
Candana wrote:
jayinhk wrote:
Candana wrote:

Hi,

Cool, Theravada?
Yes, I come from a place called Pa Auk Forest Monastery

Dec 18th, '16, 09:03
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Dec 18th, '16, 09:03

Candana wrote:
jayinhk wrote:
Candana wrote:
jayinhk wrote:
Candana wrote:
jayinhk wrote:
Candana wrote:

Hi,

Cool, Theravada?
Yes, I come from a place called Pa Auk Forest Monastery
Very interesting--just checked it out. Were you staying at a monastery/temple in Penang?

Jan 1st, '17, 13:17
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Jan 1st, '17, 13:17

Happy New Year everyone! I'm offering 17% off sitewide through the 7th of January! Lots of new stuff added and lots more tea and teaware to come. Next up is a certified organic Anxi TGY and some good modern Yixing pots.

Jan 28th, '17, 03:47
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Jan 28th, '17, 03:47

Happy New Year everyone! I wish you all health and prosperity in 2017. I'm offering 17% off sitewide again, from now through the 5th of February!

Feb 8th, '17, 23:05
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Feb 8th, '17, 23:05

Just added a surprisingly good high roast tieguanyin that is less than half the price of the Hong Kong-roasted tieguanyin! This tea is roasted in Fujian for one of Hong Kong’s oldest dealers, and is great value. I’m really very happy about discovering this tea as I feel it is worth more than its price!

http://www.tealifehk.com/products/every ... uanyin-15g

+ Post Reply