JayinHK: TeaLifeHK.com Is Now Up!

Check out members who are in the business of TEA/teaware!

Jul 8th, '16, 12:01
Vendor Member

Re: JayinHK: TeaLifeHK.com Is Now Up!

by jayinhk » Jul 8th, '16, 12:01

daidokorocha wrote:I like how all your teas are able to be featured products at the moment. :mrgreen:

All I have to say is WOW :shock: Congratulations. I feel like you really earned this with all the work you've put in finding great teas and really getting to know tea. I always get the impression that a lot of vendors do not know tea that well and probably aren't delivering you something special. I think I would feel safe in your hands, jay. I'm glad those oolongs are still around because I still want to try them. Best of luck on the venture!

It will be interesting to see what you decide to expand into and what you don't expand into. Something tells me you'll probably keep it in line with your tastes and knowledge base in order to source nothing but quality tea you are confident in.
Thank you! I feel I know very little about very little, but I'm working on it. :) I see no point in selling substandard tea--I'd rather sell a more curated selection of the good stuff that is a taste of old Hong Kong. This is a city where history is often wiped out with very little forethought, but much of the good tea is (miraculously) still around!

You're right that I'll continue to focus on what I like and what I know. I'd really like to keep the focus on HK. I also see no point in competing with Mainland vendors on tea they can source more easily and economically than I can! I might offer small amounts of special teas I acquire on my travels, however, so people can enjoy some of the teas I've purchased for myself (but only if I feel they're worthy when I get home). I bought some great loose teas in Yunnan last month and I'm hoping to find some good tea in Fujian later this month!
Last edited by jayinhk on Jul 8th, '16, 12:10, edited 1 time in total.

Jul 8th, '16, 12:05
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Jul 8th, '16, 12:05

oolongtimenosee wrote:That 33-year-old shu pu'er looks delicious! :D
That tea really knocks my socks off every time I drink it. I was skeptical about buying expensive, aged shu, but I very quickly realized it was something very special. The traditional storage process and airing process was very well executed by someone I consider to be an absolute master of traditional storage. I've never had any tea of any kind that is quite that smooth!

Jul 8th, '16, 12:24
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Jul 8th, '16, 12:24

daidokorocha: I got rid of the Featured Products section for now. That was bothering me too! Now it's just oolong and pu erh on the main page. :D

Jul 8th, '16, 13:53

by hopeofdawn » Jul 8th, '16, 13:53

Congratulations, Jay! I have definitely enjoyed the one tea I've gotten from you so far, and look forward to ordering more at some point when I have money again.

Just a small suggestion--you might want to put your shipping rates somewhere easy to find on your front page. I know that's generally one of the first things I look for--there's no point in looking at teas if shipping is going to cost me 2/3 times the price of the tea, the way some vendors do it. :)

Jul 8th, '16, 14:25
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Jul 8th, '16, 14:25

hopeofdawn wrote:Congratulations, Jay! I have definitely enjoyed the one tea I've gotten from you so far, and look forward to ordering more at some point when I have money again.

Just a small suggestion--you might want to put your shipping rates somewhere easy to find on your front page. I know that's generally one of the first things I look for--there's no point in looking at teas if shipping is going to cost me 2/3 times the price of the tea, the way some vendors do it. :)
Thanks! Good suggestion, and I'll see how I can make that work. :) Shipping is a flat $8 on all orders!

Jul 8th, '16, 16:13

by ricegeek » Jul 8th, '16, 16:13

Congrats, Jay! There's definitely not enough access from the west to HK teas, so I am thankful for your shop. Best of luck, and looking forward to trying more good tea from you! And sounds like you will be adding teaware, so I'll be looking forward to seeing those as well!

Jul 8th, '16, 16:56

JayinHK: TeaLifeHK.com Is Now Up!

by CWarren » Jul 8th, '16, 16:56

jayinhk wrote:
Drax wrote:Congratulations, Jay, and all the best for the endeavor!
Thanks! I need to figure out how best to promote the site and what I do without being an annoying spammer. :D
I think tea friends posting about you on social media is a big first start since most tea folks on social media follow other tea folks. Once people know you and your teas they will start following you so having a business only social media presence on all the biggies will be necessary. From there you can post your teas to your media pages where both old and new followers can see and share. That's my two cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jul 8th, '16, 22:40
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Jul 8th, '16, 22:40

Thanks Ricegeek! I think a lot of people will honestly be surprised when they try traditional storage pu erh for the first time--there's a wide spectrum of storage levels here. I'm thinking about a sample pack so people can see what different conditions can do to the same tea.

CWarren, absolutely, I need people talking about the site and my teas to generate a buzz. TeaChat alone won't do it. :D Started a thread on Steepster last night, and I need one on Reddit too, I guess. I may offer smaller quantities and perhaps even a sampler since that's what the market wants. I know I certainly appreciate samples when buying online, too. A business-only presence is something I'm considering, too, but that means I have to juggle three presences on Facebook and IG :shock:

Jul 9th, '16, 10:53
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Jul 9th, '16, 10:53

Signed the provisional lease on the new place and just got my first order through the new site (and the new company). Pretty pumped! :D

Aug 5th, '16, 03:36

by Haddemall » Aug 5th, '16, 03:36

You can spam me anytime, jay.

Hmmm, that came across a little dirty, didn't it. Oh,, well....

Aug 5th, '16, 09:53
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Aug 5th, '16, 09:53

Haddemall wrote:You can spam me anytime, jay.

Not sure how that would be dirty. That's quite the imagination you have :lol:

Wait, nevermind, if you substitute 'spam' for 'pork' that totally works :shock:

Aug 5th, '16, 11:18

by Haddemall » Aug 5th, '16, 11:18

jayinhk wrote:
Haddemall wrote:You can spam me anytime, jay.

Not sure how that would be dirty. That's quite the imagination you have :lol:

Wait, nevermind, if you substitute 'spam' for 'pork' that totally works :shock:
LMAO.

Aug 13th, '16, 09:05
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Aug 13th, '16, 09:05

From now until 12pm on Saturday (EST), I'm offering 15% off sitewide as an introductory offer to help people get better acquainted with my teas. I now have 15g sample size bags of all teas available for those who would like to buy samples! The discount is applied on checkout automatically until next weekend. :)

http://tealife.hk

Oct 14th, '16, 09:24
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Oct 14th, '16, 09:24

My birthday's on the 18th, so I've decided to run an 18% off promo until midnight on October 21st, HK/China time!

This is a great chance to try out my teas if you haven't already, or pick up one of the 30ml F2/F5 zini shuipings I just put up (which absolutely sing with high fire Wuyicha)! :) Discount will be applied at checkout! Thanks for the support!

Nov 10th, '16, 05:47
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Nov 10th, '16, 05:47

Currently offering free EC-Ship shipping on orders over US$103 / HK$800 (up until Tuesday morning, HK time)! :)

+ Post Reply