Cha Cha Cha Changes ...

Forum problem solving, rules, contact information

Feb 19th, '17, 18:19
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: Cha Cha Cha Changes ...

by Chip » Feb 19th, '17, 18:19

I notice the segregated edit for mods is no longer present. This would appear at the bottom of an edited post and would indicate why the post was edited.

Also, I am guessing there is not an edit notification when a member edits a post (only if after someone has already posted after the edited post). This was nice as a member could see if a member edited and prevented a "covert edit" ...

Feb 19th, '17, 18:38

by pizzapotamus » Feb 19th, '17, 18:38

Chip wrote: I notice the segregated edit for mods is no longer present. This would appear at the bottom of an edited post and would indicate why the post was edited.

Also, I am guessing there is not an edit notification when a member edits a post (only if after someone has already posted after the edited post). This was nice as a member could see if a member edited and prevented a "covert edit" ...
Just tested with my first post in this thread and it does show if you've edited a post after new posts have been added.

I see they've added back the odd icons before posts which you can click on to skip to unread posts so that's nice but there's still no visual indicator if a thread or forum contains unread posts. In the case of threads there's an unread class applied to div so that would at least be an easy feature to add...

Feb 20th, '17, 17:42

by entropyembrace » Feb 20th, '17, 17:42

Good thing is the fronts and colour scheme are easy to read.

Unfortunately there's some of the problems from the last change that have come back or were never addressed :(

- No indication on the main page if a sub forum has new posts or not

- Active topics page is lost (it still exists but no link to it on the forum)

- Still no live chat :(

Feb 20th, '17, 20:35

by Chip » Feb 20th, '17, 20:35

pizzapotamus wrote:
Chip wrote: I notice the segregated edit for mods is no longer present. This would appear at the bottom of an edited post and would indicate why the post was edited.

Just tested with my first post in this thread and it does show if you've edited a post after new posts have been added.

I see they've added back the odd icons before posts which you can click on to skip to unread posts so that's nice but there's still no visual indicator if a thread or forum contains unread posts. In the case of threads there's an unread class applied to div so that would at least be an easy feature to add...
Thanks! It does not show up for me in any of my posts even after someone replied.

Also, as I mentioned, it does not have the "official mod edit" that shows up if I want it to when I edit someone's post ... which I would generally use only in the event of rule violation.

Feb 20th, '17, 20:36

by Chip » Feb 20th, '17, 20:36

entropyembrace wrote: Good thing is the fronts and colour scheme are easy to read.

Unfortunately there's some of the problems from the last change that have come back or were never addressed :(

Yeah, I do miss the live chat ... even though it was underused towards the end.

Feb 20th, '17, 21:48

by victoria3 » Feb 20th, '17, 21:48

There seems to be an issue in Tapatalk with some past postings not fully appearing or being cut off....

Feb 20th, '17, 23:12

by pizzapotamus » Feb 20th, '17, 23:12

Chip wrote:
pizzapotamus wrote:

Thanks! It does not show up for me in any of my posts even after someone replied.

Also, as I mentioned, it does not have the "official mod edit" that shows up if I want it to when I edit someone's post ... which I would generally use only in the event of rule violation.
Assuming you do still have the ability to edit posts you can always stick in a
ModEdit: <reason>
at the bottom of the normal post body. If the original poster still has the ability to edit their posts I know they could just take it out if they were feeling naughty but at least they'd know their post was edited and why.

Feb 21st, '17, 01:06

by entropyembrace » Feb 21st, '17, 01:06

One issue solved, there is an unread posts button again :mrgreen:

Feb 21st, '17, 11:44

by debunix » Feb 21st, '17, 11:44

Yes, the names and avatars take up a lot of space to the left of the screen, but loving the improved legibility. It looks like this time around that was taken very seriously. Aging eyes really appreciate that.

Feb 21st, '17, 22:56

by Tead Off » Feb 21st, '17, 22:56

Chip,

I don't see any RSS feed where I get notices that posts have been made.

Feb 23rd, '17, 10:52

by debunix » Feb 23rd, '17, 10:52

Any hope for a 'mark all as read' button?

Feb 23rd, '17, 14:33

by JRS22 » Feb 23rd, '17, 14:33

debunix wrote: Any hope for a 'mark all as read' button?
There is one on the search page so if you choose to see all unread posts you can then mark them all read.

Mar 16th, '17, 14:34

by victoria3 » Mar 16th, '17, 14:34

I was just looking for a few past OTTI threads and notice many have disappeared ???
Also, tapatalk still has unresolved issues.
Would love it if the top scrolling bar with images used actual teachat pictures, rather than commercial ones... cheers

Mar 16th, '17, 14:49

by cwj » Mar 16th, '17, 14:49

Chip wrote:
entropyembrace wrote: Good thing is the fronts and colour scheme are easy to read.

Yeah, I do miss the live chat ... even though it was underused towards the end.
Oh there was a live chat here? I suppose that was before I registered.
I'm guessing there were some problems? Any chance it'll be brought back?
I've always enjoyed chatting, and a tea oriented chat would have been awesome :)

Apr 4th, '17, 15:48

by victoria3 » Apr 4th, '17, 15:48

victoria3 wrote: I was just looking for a few past OTTI threads and notice many have disappeared ???
Also, tapatalk still has unresolved issues.
Would love it if the top scrolling bar with images used actual teachat pictures, rather than commercial ones... cheers
???

+ Post Reply