I got your contact E-mail from teachat.com

Forum problem solving, rules, contact information

Jun 11th, '11, 00:49
Scrolling: scrolling

I got your contact E-mail from teachat.com

by Chip » Jun 11th, '11, 00:49

Did anyone receive a spam email something like the title?

If you want to prevent members including spammers from emailing you, you need to turn off the ability of members to email you. Go in your profile>Preferences>turn off mermber ability to email you.

This will happen occasionally. If you have this feature on, any member can email you by clicking on the email icon in your posts, profile, and by your name in the member list.

Chip
Immoderate TeaDrinker who happens to Moderate

Jun 30th, '11, 12:57
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: I got your contact E-mail from teachat.com

by Chip » Jun 30th, '11, 12:57

There was a wave of emails sent by an inactive member from China yesterday. Seemed to be limited to members who allow other members to email them.

I personally disallow other members to email me through the forum. I allowed it several years ago, and then received a bunch of spam emails.

So, if you do not mind the possibility of receiving spam emails, then you can leave the feature on. Otherwise, turn it off as I outined in the OP.

And as always, I would recommend you do not click on links in these spam emails ... or do so at your own risk.

If you receive spam emails that you feel originated from TeaChat, please PM me right away. (or even spam PMs!!!)

+ Post Reply