PETS!!!!

Forum problem solving, rules, contact information

Mar 13th, '10, 23:06
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: PETS!!!!

by Geekgirl » Mar 13th, '10, 23:06

LOL, schrammy, that cat does not look real. :lol: Way too cute! (Kiddos are cute too, even the nose-picker.)

Mar 13th, '10, 23:10

by Schrammy » Mar 13th, '10, 23:10

Thank ya! She's 13 years old and only weighs about 5 1/2 pounds. :)
yeah, they're my second cousins... they're... strange.

Mar 14th, '10, 01:12

Re: Touched by Grace

by rjiwrth » Mar 14th, '10, 01:12

Dreamer wrote:Our family was touched by grace yesterday.
My thoughts are with you and your family. Grace found some earthly angels to love her every step of the way as she traveled to rainbow bridge, thanks to you. I'm touched by this story...thank-you for sharing this with us.

Mar 14th, '10, 13:55

Re: Touched by Grace

by Chip » Mar 14th, '10, 13:55

rjiwrth wrote:
Dreamer wrote:Our family was touched by grace yesterday.
My thoughts are with you and your family. Grace found some earthly angels to love her every step of the way as she traveled to rainbow bridge, thanks to you. I'm touched by this story...thank-you for sharing this with us.
+1 ... :(

Wow Shrammy, that is one alien looking cat! :lol:

Mar 14th, '10, 16:11

by rjiwrth » Mar 14th, '10, 16:11

Well....although I've shared my two house cats with y'all, I have another house kitty, a Newfie and a house rabbit I better share when I get a chance. The biggie, though, is the colony of feral cats I'm caregiver for and I promise to get some awsome pics of them. There's 15 of them that I've managed to trap, neuter/spay and return to their home...the outdoors. When I read Dreamer's story yesterday, I recalled the first homeless baby who came slithering up to my window two years ago, before the rest of the homeless cats of Weston found me. I managed to socialize three, who were not true ferals but were more abandoned kitties. They are now my house cats. I've had to put down three, who were too ill when they came to me and were suffering terribly with abcesses and wounds. Several were shot by the owner of a tobacco barn down the road. I think many escaped to the woods beside my house and then just slowly figured out I had some good grub and lots of love :wink: Sometimes it breaks your heart so badly. Stories like Dreamer's demonstrate the best of human compassion.

Image Maneki Neko

Image Maneki Neko cuddles with Maggie the Newf

Image Hansel, Gretel and Bei (feral friends)

Image Hansel

Mar 14th, '10, 16:23

by Victoria » Mar 14th, '10, 16:23

Awww thanks for sharing! They are sweet! I too at one time had a large group of ferals, and this on my upstairs apartment balcony. Many I did trap and spay. At one time had 20 kittens that I brought inside and found homes for. I loved all my ferals and adopted several bringing them inside. It is a heartbreak many times though, but it's nice to know that there are caring people life yourself and others who help.

Mar 14th, '10, 16:35

by rjiwrth » Mar 14th, '10, 16:35

Victoria wrote:Awww thanks for sharing! They are sweet! I too at one time had a large group of ferals, and this on my upstairs apartment balcony. Many I did trap and spay. At one time had 20 kittens that I brought inside and found homes for. I loved all my ferals and adopted several bringing them inside. It is a heartbreak many times though, but it's nice to know that there are caring people life yourself and others who help.
Wow! in your apartment no less! Impressive work, Victoria :wink: This winter was rough and I managed to make my garage into a decent shelter. At one point, I had several indoors after their surgeries, but they were miserable; crying and whaling to go outdoors. I didn't have the heart to imprison them after they recovered. But the three, they were more than happy to stay indoors. I haven't had the kitten experience yet...if I see a new cat appear in the colony I'm out with a trap like a crazy cat woman trying to prevent more kitties! I only hope I don't accidently get ahold of one of my neighbor's cats and fix one accidently :mrgreen: Especially since they tip their left ear :oops:

Mar 14th, '10, 19:45

by Dreamer » Mar 14th, '10, 19:45

Rebecca and Victoria,

Great work with the wandering kitties! Fortunately (for me) we live in a place where we don't tend to have many wandering cats and we live far enough back in our subdivision that we don't get many people "dropping them off" (although my neighbor who is involved with Golden Retriever rescue thinks that little Grace was probably unwillingly relocated to our neighborhood).

Rebecca, your Maneki Neko looks a LOT like our Jasper...Jasper's white collar patch is a bit wider and he has white paws. I looked at that first picture from the 10th a couple of times before I saw the other cat in the picture!

Dreamer

Mar 14th, '10, 20:18

by rjiwrth » Mar 14th, '10, 20:18

This is a cool thread; bunches of animal lovers. I don't feel so "odd" when I read through these posts! Dreamer: The black cat in that pic from the 10th with Maneki Neko is Boots. He's my FIV + kitty.That was my 4:30 am tea (hence the dark outside the window and the glow from my lanterns) and Maneki was really being silly.

Mar 15th, '10, 05:11

by David R. » Mar 15th, '10, 05:11

Amaikokonut wrote:Loving all these pictures, especially the adorable kitties! :> I do feel the need to contribute my own:

Stella. She's quite intelligent and friendly, but quite obsessed with food, to the point where she won't show much affection towards anyone unless she thinks she might get something to eat out of it.

How cute !!

Mar 15th, '10, 06:34

by rjiwrth » Mar 15th, '10, 06:34

David R. wrote:
Amaikokonut wrote:Loving all these pictures, especially the adorable kitties! :> I do feel the need to contribute my own:

Stella. She's quite intelligent and friendly, but quite obsessed with food, to the point where she won't show much affection towards anyone unless she thinks she might get something to eat out of it.
David, what a darling name. That is the sweetest face. Yeah, I know about the food obsessed...my Newf starts to drool everytime I walk into the kitchen! Guess I taught her well :mrgreen:

How cute !!

May 8th, '10, 18:07

by Geekgirl » May 8th, '10, 18:07

So my two dopey dogs prefer to sleep in a tiny little crate together. This morning, Murphy dragged a giant stuffed bunny in after them. I have no idea how they fit, but they look pretty cozy. :)

May 9th, '10, 13:22

by rabbit » May 9th, '10, 13:22

This is my little dog.

May 9th, '10, 14:02

by Geekgirl » May 9th, '10, 14:02

teehee!

May 9th, '10, 22:13
Vendor Member

by IPT » May 9th, '10, 22:13

I'm thinking about getting a puppy for my daughter's birthday. I live on the sixth floor, and there's no elevator, so I don't know how that's going to work. I like larger dogs, but that might not be the way to go. I've got a month to figure this out. I want a dog for protection, especially when my wife takes my daughter to play. I guess more of a deterrant than protection, so that's why I was thinking a larger dog would be better.
Any suggestions?

+ Post Reply