Like a phoenix ...

Artisan Teaware Special Offer Program

Feb 15th, '15, 10:01
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: Like a phoenix ...

by Chip » Feb 15th, '15, 10:01

jpo1933 wrote:didn't think there would be another chance to get gusui kyusu after the naturals at hojos shop sold~
Awesome!
It looks like the honshudei uses the same natural clay has the one hojo stocked?
Yes, I believe the honshudei are of the same natural Tokoname clay.
kyarazen wrote:wow!

pitching tent and camping now! :D
Hope it is warmer than it is here wherever you are!
JRS22 wrote:On my calendar AND alarm set. All the other Teaware SOPs were before I succumbed to TAD.
Welcome to TC SOP TAD!

Feb 15th, '15, 11:51

by Alex » Feb 15th, '15, 11:51

What's the difference between Shuiden and Honshudei

is Hon with bits in and Shuiden plain red. I need to get a plain red if he's got some. Contacting Toru now and buying them all. He loves me so I know he'll come good. MUhahahah

Feb 15th, '15, 12:06

by Chip » Feb 15th, '15, 12:06

Alex wrote:What's the difference between Shuiden and Honshudei

is Hon with bits in and Shuiden plain red. I need to get a plain red if he's got some. Contacting Toru now and buying them all. He loves me so I know he'll come good. MUhahahah
Fortunately, Toru the samurai places honor above love! :wink: So the Gisui are safe.

Honshudei refers to the pure original Tokoname clay of which he has a private stash supposedly handed down to him. This could have the fleck in (pear skin) or plain. It is a lighter color than the shudei which are darker, more red. The honshudei have a slightly higher price since the clay is limited.

This collection consists mostly of honshudei kyusu. There are 2 shudei.

Feb 15th, '15, 12:36

by Alex » Feb 15th, '15, 12:36

And filter types, are they all ball? 8)

wait.... tell me to shut up if I'm asking too many questions. :oops:

Feb 15th, '15, 12:52

by Drax » Feb 15th, '15, 12:52

If it's the "hon" I think it is (本) one interpretation would be "true" or "origin."

Feb 15th, '15, 12:58

by Bef » Feb 15th, '15, 12:58

Hey Chip, can you share the price range of these pots?

Feb 15th, '15, 14:56

by Chip » Feb 15th, '15, 14:56

Alex wrote:And filter types, are they all ball? 8)

wait.... tell me to shut up if I'm asking too many questions. :oops:
No problem, Alex. I hope to answer the questions that I can at this point in time which is one reason I have an open topic.

I can answer this. Gisui seemed to do a lot of direct wall filters and fewer ball. Such is the case here, most are direct wall and some are ball.
Drax wrote:If it's the "hon" I think it is (本) one interpretation would be "true" or "origin."
Exactly. I would perhaps add the word pure. So true, pure, origin clay from Gisui's personal original stockpile. The shudei by implication would be blended or added to. More on this on Thursday in the shudei offering posts.
Bef wrote:Hey Chip, can you share the price range of these pots?
This question you will have to wait for the explicit, complete answer. However, in my research, the prices are considerably less than what I had previously seen for similar Gisui kyusu including the one I own and love which was from another vendor (not rocket science to figure out which one, but I am not going to single out another vendor). These prices are 25-50% less.

What a great opportunity to purchase a Gisui kyusu at a time when they are nowhere on the market.

I certainly credit Toru and the relationship I have with him for this as well as his knowing TeaChatters have probably paid for his cars over the years. :mrgreen:

Feb 16th, '15, 06:18

by Fuut » Feb 16th, '15, 06:18

I feel like this month will be worse than December! :lol:

Feb 17th, '15, 21:08

by pizzapotamus » Feb 17th, '15, 21:08

These end up being sent out by Toru? If that's the case would it be possible to purchase something from the ArtisticNippon site as well as one of these pots and combine shipping? There's an inexpensive cup I fancy but ordering it on it's own hasn't seemed worth it. I completely understand if it makes things too complicated but figured I might as well ask.

Feb 17th, '15, 23:18

by Chip » Feb 17th, '15, 23:18

pizzapotamus wrote:These end up being sent out by Toru? If that's the case would it be possible to purchase something from the ArtisticNippon site as well as one of these pots and combine shipping? There's an inexpensive cup I fancy but ordering it on it's own hasn't seemed worth it. I completely understand if it makes things too complicated but figured I might as well ask.
I believe this will be possible. Be sure to remind me of your intention when you submit your email on Thursday at 6 pm, eastern US time zone.

Feb 18th, '15, 11:13

by debunix » Feb 18th, '15, 11:13

Just a wish.....earlier posting of photos--say, giving 24 hours notice--would be very kind to the many who cannot easily send an e-mail at the first moment, so we have time to view the images and decide how whether it is worth it to interrupt our day (or night) for the special offer.

Feb 18th, '15, 12:40

by Chip » Feb 18th, '15, 12:40

debunix wrote:Just a wish.....earlier posting of photos--say, giving 24 hours notice--would be very kind to the many who cannot easily send an e-mail at the first moment, so we have time to view the images and decide how whether it is worth it to interrupt our day (or night) for the special offer.
Actually working on this. Might not make the 24 hour ahead of time, but trying.

Feb 18th, '15, 12:54

by Alex » Feb 18th, '15, 12:54

I haven't slept since Jan 18th

Feb 18th, '15, 15:38

by Chip » Feb 18th, '15, 15:38

Photobucket is sooooo slow!

Feb 18th, '15, 16:22

by steanze » Feb 18th, '15, 16:22

:)
Thanks Chip for all the work!
It seems that there are a few new Gisui on Artistic Nippon's website: http://www.artisticnippon.com/product/t ... jizou.html, http://www.artisticnippon.com/product/t ... ranes.html
but the ones in the SO look more interesting to me.

+ Post Reply