Like a phoenix ...

Artisan Teaware Special Offer Program


User avatar
Jan 19th, '15, 23:30
Posts: 1670
Joined: Sep 2nd, '13, 03:22
Location: in your tea closet
Contact: kyarazen

Re: Like a phoenix ...

by kyarazen » Jan 19th, '15, 23:30

Chip wrote:
teaformeplease wrote:Wild guess, is it something like ShyRabbit aka Michael Coffee? I know I bought an SO of his a while back too :)
Sorry, but nope. 8)
greenwood studios... a nice bunch of shino chawans?

User avatar
Jan 20th, '15, 00:14
Posts: 21654
Joined: Apr 22nd, '06, 20:52
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

Re: Like a phoenix ...

by Chip » Jan 20th, '15, 00:14

kyarazen wrote:
Chip wrote:
teaformeplease wrote:Wild guess, is it something like ShyRabbit aka Michael Coffee? I know I bought an SO of his a while back too :)
Sorry, but nope. 8)
greenwood studios... a nice bunch of shino chawans?
No again ...

User avatar
Jan 20th, '15, 01:58
Posts: 221
Joined: Oct 28th, '10, 20:48
Location: California

Re: Like a phoenix ...

by Peacock » Jan 20th, '15, 01:58

A potter from Japan? Mike Martino?

User avatar
Jan 20th, '15, 12:19
Posts: 21654
Joined: Apr 22nd, '06, 20:52
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

Re: Like a phoenix ...

by Chip » Jan 20th, '15, 12:19

Peacock wrote:A potter from Japan? Mike Martino?
You could be onto something ... or not. :shock:

User avatar
Jan 22nd, '15, 11:43
Posts: 380
Joined: Jan 5th, '14, 06:48
Location: Sneeeeaking

Re: Like a phoenix ...

by Fuut » Jan 22nd, '15, 11:43

Chip wrote:
Peacock wrote:A potter from Japan? Mike Martino?
You could be onto something ... or not. :shock:
Could it be Hosokawa Morihiro? He rose from the most deteriorated ashes in the world, politics.. I'd tip my hat to you good sir!

Like 99.99% I'm wrong:D but i just wanted to chip in :)

Also, this might finally be my chance to snare a SOP piece.. I've been waiting.

User avatar
Jan 22nd, '15, 14:20
Posts: 2817
Joined: Oct 16th, '08, 21:01
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Arlington, VA
Contact: Drax

Re: Like a phoenix ...

by Drax » Jan 22nd, '15, 14:20

Hrm, how about a chanoyu SOP, and John Baymore is making the chawans?? :D

User avatar
Jan 27th, '15, 12:59
Posts: 21654
Joined: Apr 22nd, '06, 20:52
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

Re: Like a phoenix ...

by Chip » Jan 27th, '15, 12:59

Fuut wrote:
Chip wrote:
Peacock wrote:A potter from Japan? Mike Martino?
You could be onto something ... or not. :shock:
Could it be Hosokawa Morihiro? He rose from the most deteriorated ashes in the world, politics.. I'd tip my hat to you good sir!

Like 99.99% I'm wrong:D but i just wanted to chip in :)

Also, this might finally be my chance to snare a SOP piece.. I've been waiting.
... nope, but yes, hopefully you can finally snare an SOP piece!

User avatar
Jan 27th, '15, 13:00
Posts: 21654
Joined: Apr 22nd, '06, 20:52
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

Re: Like a phoenix ...

by Chip » Jan 27th, '15, 13:00

Drax wrote:Hrm, how about a chanoyu SOP, and John Baymore is making the chawans?? :D
:lol: wellll, not even close.

User avatar
Jan 27th, '15, 13:04
Posts: 21654
Joined: Apr 22nd, '06, 20:52
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

Re: Like a phoenix ...

by Chip » Jan 27th, '15, 13:04

I will begin to lift this veil very soon. Do not venture too far from TeaChat :!: :idea: :arrow:

Of course, you can continue to attempt to solve this riddle.

User avatar
Jan 28th, '15, 18:36
Posts: 8
Joined: Dec 15th, '14, 21:30
Location: Cole Valley, CA

Re: Like a phoenix ...

by The Pepper Assassin » Jan 28th, '15, 18:36

Like the legend of the Phoenix
All ends with beginnings
What keeps the planets spinning
The force from the beginning...



Could it be Xu de Jia?

User avatar
Jan 28th, '15, 19:12
Posts: 21654
Joined: Apr 22nd, '06, 20:52
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

Re: Like a phoenix ...

by Chip » Jan 28th, '15, 19:12

The Pepper Assassin wrote:Like the legend of the Phoenix
All ends with beginnings
What keeps the planets spinning
The force from the beginning...



Could it be Xu de Jia?
Lovely, poetic response, guess. But still wrong. 8)

Jan 28th, '15, 22:15
Posts: 45
Joined: Apr 5th, '12, 13:49
Location: The Great Salt Lake

Re: Like a phoenix ...

by dshu » Jan 28th, '15, 22:15

Chip wrote: Repeating from my OP ...


The key you summarily unlock. 

Unlock first!
Kyusus???

User avatar
Jan 28th, '15, 23:14
Posts: 21654
Joined: Apr 22nd, '06, 20:52
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

Re: Like a phoenix ...

by Chip » Jan 28th, '15, 23:14

dshu wrote:
Chip wrote: Repeating from my OP ...


The key you summarily unlock. 

Unlock first!
Kyusus???
DING! Correct.

the key you summarily unlock ... this clue was not so easy.

There are other clues to further unravel the rest of the riddle. And more clues to come.

User avatar
Jan 29th, '15, 02:40
Posts: 380
Joined: Jan 5th, '14, 06:48
Location: Sneeeeaking

Re: Like a phoenix ...

by Fuut » Jan 29th, '15, 02:40

Chip wrote:the key you summarily unlock ... this clue was not so easy.
I wouldn't have noticed that in a hundred years! :wink:

User avatar
Jan 29th, '15, 07:36
Posts: 2817
Joined: Oct 16th, '08, 21:01
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Arlington, VA
Contact: Drax

Re: Like a phoenix ...

by Drax » Jan 29th, '15, 07:36

:lol:

Excellent news....! Now the question is who (singular) or who (plural)...? Hmmmmmmm.

+ Post Reply