NEW Tokoname SO #1, Gisui Kyusu NEW

Artisan Teaware Special Offer Program

Feb 20th, '15, 12:58

Re: NEW Tokoname SO #1, Gisui Kyusu NEW

by Alex » Feb 20th, '15, 12:58

pizzapotamus wrote:
Alex wrote:
pizzapotamus wrote:
debunix wrote: I hope whoever gets #7 will post some closeups of the calligraphy--and a translation. It looks like quite an amazing piece.
I snagged #7 and you just about gave me a heart attack there. "I bought what?!" Not that it isn't lovely, just that it's a bit out of my price range atm....

That was my other choice! lovely pot you snagged there. Treasure it! 8)
We went for the same 2 pots in the reverse order then :) I kept going back and forth between 5 and 7. I like the pear skin of 7 but the taller shape on 5 is likely to be easier to use. So while I've got my "second" choice I'm still thrilled because it wasn't so much 1 and 2 as 1 and 1.1

Yeah between the two there's nothing really in it for me. Both are stunning. Clearly you have good taste. You seriously got an amazing pot right there. I let one of these go in past and while it went to the best home possible it's been one of the only pots I've ever regretted passing on. Once you get it....hang on to it.

Just to wet your appetite let me give you a little run down of what to expect. The pots ooze soul in a way that pictures don't show. Once you unpack it and set it on your tea table a big smile will grow on the front of your head.

The texture of the clay is like nothing I've seen/touched. It has this sort of powdered toffee feel. So smooth to the touch and an almost sweet smell when hot water poured in. The colour has a lot of range to it as well. Take it out in the sunlight and it will surprise you with its swirls and depth, and if you're lucky maybe the odd finger print from the master

The pour on the pot is literally one of the best I've seen. Very clean with no drips. And the speed and pressure seem to keep the leaves away from the filter.

I remember just never getting used to the quality, every session is just a joy as you end up gazing at the pot as you sip your tea....bliss!

Feb 20th, '15, 14:23
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Feb 20th, '15, 14:23

Alex wrote:Sorry Chip this has no doubt been discussed already but will it now be Toru sending us invoices or are you still the Master of Ceremony?
I think you now already know the answer. :mrgreen:

All payment requests have been emailed by yours truly.

You will be paying me. I will then forward orders and payments to artisticnippon.com.

EDIT: If you have not received the payment request email from me, please let me know asap! Thanks.

Feb 20th, '15, 14:25

by Chip » Feb 20th, '15, 14:25

Alex wrote:
pizzapotamus wrote:
Alex wrote:
pizzapotamus wrote:
debunix wrote: I hope whoever gets #7 will post some closeups of the calligraphy--and a translation. It looks like quite an amazing piece.
I snagged #7 and you just about gave me a heart attack there. "I bought what?!" Not that it isn't lovely, just that it's a bit out of my price range atm....

That was my other choice! lovely pot you snagged there. Treasure it! 8)
We went for the same 2 pots in the reverse order then :) I kept going back and forth between 5 and 7. I like the pear skin of 7 but the taller shape on 5 is likely to be easier to use. So while I've got my "second" choice I'm still thrilled because it wasn't so much 1 and 2 as 1 and 1.1

Yeah between the two there's nothing really in it for me. Both are stunning. Clearly you have good taste. You seriously got an amazing pot right there. I let one of these go in past and while it went to the best home possible it's been one of the only pots I've ever regretted passing on. Once you get it....hang on to it.

Just to wet your appetite let me give you a little run down of what to expect. The pots ooze soul in a way that pictures don't show. Once you unpack it and set it on your tea table a big smile will grow on the front of your head.

The texture of the clay is like nothing I've seen/touched. It has this sort of powdered toffee feel. So smooth to the touch and an almost sweet smell when hot water poured in. The colour has a lot of range to it as well. Take it out in the sunlight and it will surprise you with its swirls and depth, and if you're lucky maybe the odd finger print from the master

The pour on the pot is literally one of the best I've seen. Very clean with no drips. And the speed and pressure seem to keep the leaves away from the filter.

I remember just never getting used to the quality, every session is just a joy as you end up gazing at the pot as you sip your tea....bliss!
Not likely to happen, but who knows ... if I ever manage to put together another Gisui round, you can be my writer! :idea: :arrow: :mrgreen:

Feb 20th, '15, 14:59

by debunix » Feb 20th, '15, 14:59

Alex wrote:Just to wet your appetite let me give you a little run down of what to expect. The pots ooze soul in a way that pictures don't show. Once you unpack it and set it on your tea table a big smile will grow on the front of your head.

You're clearly trying to spread Teaware Acquisition Disorder.

Feb 20th, '15, 15:10

by Fuut » Feb 20th, '15, 15:10

debunix wrote:
Alex wrote:Just to wet your appetite let me give you a little run down of what to expect...bliss!
You're clearly trying to spread Teaware Acquisition Disorder.
The only upside here being that most members already have it :P

Feb 21st, '15, 03:10

by demonyc » Feb 21st, '15, 03:10

I am absolutely GREEN :!: with envy that I didn't get one of these beauties!! :cry: You guys had better post tons of pictures to soothe my broken heart :o

Feb 21st, '15, 14:25

by Chip » Feb 21st, '15, 14:25

demonyc wrote:I am absolutely GREEN :!: with envy that I didn't get one of these beauties!! :cry: You guys had better post tons of pictures to soothe my broken heart :o
:cry:

Sooo, I have forwarded all paid orders to artisticnippon.com! It is quite possible these will ship Monday. I will let you know of updates. Stay tuned!

Feb 22nd, '15, 06:12

by Alex » Feb 22nd, '15, 06:12

Mines already been dispatched. That Sunday Japanese post :lol:

Just want to thank Chip on behalf of everyone that got a pot. He's put a lot of time and effort in to this. So please guys/girls charge your yunomi with sencha and raise a cup to Chip today for his superb effort and generosity of time.

Good work Chip 8)

Feb 22nd, '15, 11:40

by Chip » Feb 22nd, '15, 11:40

Alex wrote:Mines already been dispatched. That Sunday Japanese post :lol:

Just want to thank Chip on behalf of everyone that got a pot. He's put a lot of time and effort in to this. So please guys/girls charge your yunomi with sencha and raise a cup to Chip today for his superb effort and generosity of time.

Good work Chip 8)
Glad to hear your Gisui is enroute. Seven Kyusu are on their way. Mine has about a 6 hour head start, and I think it has already left Tokyo for ISC, NY. Soon my Gisui in hand will have a companion!

Thank you, you are too kind. Though I even amazed myself how fast this has all been ... done. :mrgreen:

Feb 22nd, '15, 18:32

by Chip » Feb 22nd, '15, 18:32

For clarity, #1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 10, 11 have shipped and you should have received an email notification from artisticnippon.com along with tracking if applicable.

#7, 8, 9 have not yet shipped as these participants already know. :mrgreen:

Mine ... ... Japan Post verbiage ...
Dispatch from outward office of exchange
According to USPS ...
Origin Post is Preparing Shipment
I believe this means the package is transferring hands from Japan Post to USPS, it is loaded or in flight to ISC NY. One of the three or all of the above.

<weeeee>

Feb 23rd, '15, 04:23

by Alex » Feb 23rd, '15, 04:23

Yeah as soon as it leaves outward exchange I think the local courier gets notified and then track with them is more up to date.

Just checked mine
Dispatch from outward office of exchange

Feb 23rd, '15, 09:51

by Chip » Feb 23rd, '15, 09:51

Wowza. From "acceptance" on the 21st to arrival at ISC NY on the 22nd. This must be a record. It was scanned at 7:21 pm last evening.

Usually it arrives at ISC in the afternoon and then here the next day ... after jumping through a few USPS hoop and around 5 more scans. But this arrived last evening and no others scans are showing.

It is a real long shot to arrive today. Maybe!

Feb 23rd, '15, 09:58

by Alex » Feb 23rd, '15, 09:58

Wow, good Karma? 8)

The EMS gods smile on you Chip.

Feb 23rd, '15, 11:18

by Chip » Feb 23rd, '15, 11:18

Alex wrote:Wow, good Karma? 8)

The EMS gods smile on you Chip.
Seems so. Package arrived at my local PO at 10:53 am! This should arrive via a special delivery truck today by 3 pm ... based upon past experience. :mrgreen:

We need a jumping up and down emoticon for members on the expected package delivery day.

Feb 23rd, '15, 11:57

by Chip » Feb 23rd, '15, 11:57

Oh my gosh, package arrived. Never had a special delivery truck come before noon ... until today!

Incredibly good delivery karma ... may some of this rub off on all your Gisui packages!

+ Post Reply