Yunnan Jianshui Teapot

Member reiviews of teaware related products.

Feb 2nd, '16, 07:57
Vendor Member

Yunnan Jianshui Teapot

by jayinhk » Feb 2nd, '16, 07:57

https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=35 ... oSite=main

Received this teapot today and tried it out with medium-high fire TGY from just outside Taipei. Mellows the tea and smoothens it significantly. Some loss of aroma but also much smoother drinking and it brings out the huigan. Not sure if this is the best tea for this pot, so I'll keep trying, but it is very well made indeed.

This teapot seems to work better than my zini high fire teapot for this specific tea. Lower temperatures also seem to suit this TGY better--I usually go as hot as possible for medium-high fire TGY, but I'm getting a more flavorful and aromatic brew with slightly lower temperatures.

Oct 13th, '16, 14:57
Adagio
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: Yunnan Jianshui Teapot

by Emily@Adagio » Oct 13th, '16, 14:57

Just wanted to let you know your link appears to be broken :(

Oct 13th, '16, 15:02
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Oct 13th, '16, 15:02

Emily, the link works for me, but it may be an IP address thing (I live in Hong Kong). How's this link?

https://img.alicdn.com/imgextra/i1/1695 ... 492848.jpg

It also appears the price of the teapot has gone up considerably! I'm glad I bought it when I did, as I quite like the teapot.

Dec 29th, '16, 15:47
Vendor Member

by ethan » Dec 29th, '16, 15:47

jayinhk wrote:https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=35 ... oSite=main

Received this teapot today and tried it out with medium-high fire TGY from just outside Taipei. Mellows the tea and smoothens it significantly. Some loss of aroma but also much smoother drinking and it brings out the huigan..
Any update on how use of this pot worked out & which pot(s) best for that tea?

Dec 29th, '16, 16:07
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Dec 29th, '16, 16:07

ethan wrote:
jayinhk wrote:https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=35 ... oSite=main

Received this teapot today and tried it out with medium-high fire TGY from just outside Taipei. Mellows the tea and smoothens it significantly. Some loss of aroma but also much smoother drinking and it brings out the huigan..
Any update on how use of this pot worked out & which pot(s) best for that tea?
I now use the pot for maocha only. I use red clay for the TGY but I think it needs a reroast actually

Dec 29th, '16, 17:29
Vendor Member

by ethan » Dec 29th, '16, 17:29

jayinhk wrote:
I now use the pot for maocha only. I use red clay for the TGY but I think it needs a reroast actually
I am hoping that a pot made of clay from here (Taiwan) glazed outside & unglazed inside will prepare smoother gaoshan w/o removing aroma & flavor much. I have not been perfectly happy w/ my brewing in fully glazed, glass, nor unglazed teaware.

(I chose a new pot over some expensive tea. Could not afford both.)

Dec 30th, '16, 01:17
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Dec 30th, '16, 01:17

ethan wrote:
jayinhk wrote:
I am hoping that a pot made of clay from here (Taiwan) glazed outside & unglazed inside will prepare smoother gaoshan w/o removing aroma & flavor much. I have not been perfectly happy w/ my brewing in fully glazed, glass, nor unglazed teaware.

(I chose a new pot over some expensive tea. Could not afford both.)
That sounds like an interesting pot, but I prefer very high fired red clay for gaoshan. Porcelain would be about as good.

Dec 30th, '16, 03:02
Vendor Member

by ethan » Dec 30th, '16, 03:02

jayinhk wrote:
ethan wrote:
jayinhk wrote:
That sounds like an interesting pot, but I prefer very high fired red clay for gaoshan. Porcelain would be about as good.
What I have been using, including porcelain, has not been bad, but I feel I can do better. I am attracted to the porcelain pots that are glazed outside unglazed inside, made by the Korean potters that Teadoff helps sell their work. Just cost more than I could spend. The pot I have is thinner-walled, I believe; for sure it is high-fired.

Mar 13th, '17, 16:37

by quangrecruit » Mar 13th, '17, 16:37

Could you give some update about this pot?

Gửi từ LG-F180 của tôi bằng cách sử dụng Tapatalk

Mar 13th, '17, 21:44
Vendor Member

by ethan » Mar 13th, '17, 21:44

quangrecruit wrote: Could you give some update about this pot?
If you mean my pot, sure. It is great for roasted oolong. Right now I am drinking a well oxidized oolong that is also roasted quite a bit. Prepared in glass or in glazed pot or taiwan, the taste of the roasting is overly strong. Prepared in this pot, flavors are balanced.

Prepared in my fixing, the tea seems slightly flat.

I am guessing that pots glazed on the outside but not on the inside get the most out of some teas. (The clay can breath but not too much?……) Cheers

Mar 13th, '17, 21:57

Re: RE: Re: Yunnan Jianshui Teapot

by quangrecruit » Mar 13th, '17, 21:57

ethan wrote:
quangrecruit wrote: Could you give some update about this pot?
If you mean my pot, sure. It is great for roasted oolong. Right now I am drinking a well oxidized oolong that is also roasted quite a bit. Prepared in glass or in glazed pot or taiwan, the taste of the roasting is overly strong. Prepared in this pot, flavors are balanced.

Prepared in my fixing, the tea seems slightly flat.

I am guessing that pots glazed on the outside but not on the inside get the most out of some teas. (The clay can breath but not too much?……) Cheers
Thank you for your information, I am looking for a teapot for my journey with tea

Gửi từ LG-F180 của tôi bằng cách sử dụng Tapatalk

Mar 15th, '17, 09:47

by Bok » Mar 15th, '17, 09:47

ethan wrote:
What I have been using, including porcelain, has not been bad, but I feel I can do better. I am attracted to the porcelain pots that are glazed outside unglazed inside, made by the Korean potters that Teadoff helps sell their work. Just cost more than I could spend. The pot I have is thinner-walled, I believe; for sure it is high-fired.
I can second Ethan, my experience with this kind of Taiwanese glazed outside only pots is as well that they work really well with gaoshan, greener, roasted or black.

Might be to do with that the clay they are made from is from a similar terrain the tea is growing?

For drinking I still prefer a thin porcelain cup, to appreciate the colour and lingering scent of the tea.

+ Post Reply