Compare zisha teapot with teapot from Hojotea

Member reiviews of teaware related products.

May 11th, '17, 16:07

Compare zisha teapot with teapot from Hojotea

by lotustea » May 11th, '17, 16:07

Hi all,

Have anyone try iga and banko teapot from Hojotea? How is that compare with high quality zisha teapot?

May 12th, '17, 02:11

Re: Compare zisha teapot with teapot from Hojotea

by quangrecruit » May 12th, '17, 02:11

Hi lotustea,

In my opinion I think each teapot will bring the difference feelings about tea but I could make sure that iga and banko teapot are really good.
I usually use zisha with puer tea;iga with tieguanyin, olong tea; banko teapot with greentea and blacktea
This is just my feeling in the journey of tea

Gửi từ LG-F180 của tôi bằng cách sử dụng Tapatalk

May 12th, '17, 19:02

by lotustea » May 12th, '17, 19:02

quangrecruit wrote: Hi lotustea,

In my opinion I think each teapot will bring the difference feelings about tea but I could make sure that iga and banko teapot are really good.
I usually use zisha with puer tea;iga with tieguanyin, olong tea; banko teapot with greentea and blacktea
This is just my feeling in the journey of tea

Right now I don't drink Puerh. I mostly drink green and white tea with scented jasmine or lotus. So banko teapot can be used for different types of tea. Does it shine like zisha teapot after awhile using it? Did you buy banko teapot from hojotea? I see banko teapot from other sites like yuuki-cha that are cheaper, but I don't know if there is a quality different.

May 13th, '17, 00:28

by quangrecruit » May 13th, '17, 00:28

I buy the banko teapot directly from the shop in Japan so I have never buy from hojotea. But I think the quanlity is the same.
The banko teapot is suitable with alot of tea but it depend on the shape of teapot. When you used the banko teapot for along time it will shine like zisha.

May 13th, '17, 12:43

by lotustea » May 13th, '17, 12:43

quangrecruit wrote: I buy the banko teapot directly from the shop in Japan so I have never buy from hojotea. But I think the quanlity is the same.
The banko teapot is suitable with alot of tea but it depend on the shape of teapot. When you used the banko teapot for along time it will shine like zisha.

Thanks, this is good. The zisha teapot can only use for one type of tea. It would cost a lot of money to own many high quality zisha teapots for many different types of tea.

May 15th, '17, 02:49

by Bok » May 15th, '17, 02:49

lotustea wrote:
quangrecruit wrote: I buy the banko teapot directly from the shop in Japan so I have never buy from hojotea. But I think the quanlity is the same.

Thanks, this is good. The zisha teapot can only use for one type of tea. It would cost a lot of money to own many high quality zisha teapots for many different types of tea.
Also mostly very unnecessary. Few pots for the main categories will suffice:
For example
1 x green oolong
1 x medium roast/oxidised oolong
1 x heavy roasted oolong (can also be used for black or aged oolong)
1 x puerh

Green teas (Chinese) are better off in glass or porcelain.

Speaking of seasoning: my thermos which I am using heavily – if I put water in it now it tastes like tea (very faint of course but still)! So much for magic clay properties :mrgreen:

May 16th, '17, 15:17

by lotustea » May 16th, '17, 15:17

Bok wrote:
lotustea wrote:

Also mostly very unnecessary. Few pots for the main categories will suffice:
For example
1 x green oolong
1 x medium roast/oxidised oolong
1 x heavy roasted oolong (can also be used for black or aged oolong)
1 x puerh

Green teas (Chinese) are better off in glass or porcelain.

Speaking of seasoning: my thermos which I am using heavily – if I put water in it now it tastes like tea (very faint of course but still)! So much for magic clay properties :mrgreen:
I actually don't like glass, but porcelain are nice. I like Taiwanese eilong porcelain.

+ Post Reply