Introductory/basic tea blog

Have a Tea Blog or Tea Vlog? Post a topic here.

Feb 22nd, '15, 21:19

Introductory/basic tea blog

by steanze » Feb 22nd, '15, 21:19

I mentioned it in the Oolong section, so I might as well post it here :D
I started an introductory tea blog for some friends who are just beginning to get into tea. It is an introductory/basic blog, I cannot call myself an expert. Also, I might not be able to update it very regularly. Well, it seems I am doing great at advertising this blog :lol: Anyway, in case anyone can find some useful information, the blog is here: https://shuocha.wordpress.com/

Jul 1st, '15, 06:40

Re: Introductory/basic tea blog

by john.b » Jul 1st, '15, 06:40

It's nice enough for what it is, some basics about tea. Sometimes people write that when they're not so grounded in the basics themselves but it sounds like you've been at drinking tea for awhile.

It can be hard to sort out who is the audience for a tea blog, right, or why to write one, even when you are already writing one. One guy that runs a forum once mentioned that the only people who might read boring blogs are people that also write one. In practice some of them are probably too busy writing and messing around with forums.

My blog is really for me, to share what I try out and research, but I write whatever is on my mind. It's all interesting to me, and some other people are reading it (a good number lately, actually), but with limited feedback I'm not sure who it speaks to, or what sense they make of it, aside from a few that express that.

Jan 14th, '16, 15:20

by steanze » Jan 14th, '16, 15:20

Thanks for reading John! After a long period of inactivity I added a few more posts :)

Jan 14th, '16, 21:29
Vendor Member

by ethan » Jan 14th, '16, 21:29

thank you both for writing

I & probably others, often go a long time not reading a blog & then read at once a few posts. I might have a comment to make but by the time I am reading an additional post, my comment on a previous post is forgotten or does not seem important.

Jan 18th, '16, 23:47

by john.b » Jan 18th, '16, 23:47

that was a bit of a break; nice to see you back at it. must have crossed paths with some interesting teas in that time? the blog doesn't say where you live but the content does mention China; lots going on related to tea there.

I'm still writing tea reviews but have branched more into research, looking into whatever interests me, along with writing about places I've visited. I went to Korea, Japan, and Indonesia since your posts dropped off last March.

+ Post Reply