ethanntea.wordpress.com

Have a Tea Blog or Tea Vlog? Post a topic here.

May 8th, '17, 16:13
Vendor Member

ethanntea.wordpress.com

by ethan » May 8th, '17, 16:13

I am going to be totally incommunicado for 37 days as I stay in a hospital room without any contact with the outside world. As a participant in research, I won't have a window, control of when I sleep or eat, etc. while blood is taken almost constantly etc. Well-paid and hopefully a helper to knowledge, I will return to Teachat mid-June.

If anyone here misses me, I have written blogs not expecting them to be read; sort of an experiment begun in Taiwan when a man in a hostel with whom I shared tea set me up because he was impressed with the tea I had shared with him and what I had to say about it.

Likewise, one of my nieces is trying to set me up with online sales. Hopefully by the time I get out of hospital the site will be working and at least one sale completed.

My blog (future operating site) is ethanntea.wordpress.com. On Facebook, Ethan & Tea.

Chip, I am now a vendor/member I suppose. My friend, Teadoff, I won't break the rules pertaining to that. Cheers, everyone.

May 9th, '17, 01:19

Re: ethanntea.wordpress.com

by Bok » May 9th, '17, 01:19

Nice to read your musings Ethan. I know you and pictures are not on friendly terms, but if you manage to sprinkle some in here and there, I am sure that would attract readers. :)

Good luck in the trial!

May 9th, '17, 03:15
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » May 9th, '17, 03:15

ethan wrote: I am going to be totally incommunicado for 37 days as I stay in a hospital room without any contact with the outside world. As a participant in research, I won't have a window, control of when I sleep or eat, etc. while blood is taken almost constantly etc. Well-paid and hopefully a helper to knowledge, I will return to Teachat mid-June.

If anyone here misses me, I have written blogs not expecting them to be read; sort of an experiment begun in Taiwan when a man in a hostel with whom I shared tea set me up because he was impressed with the tea I had shared with him and what I had to say about it.

Likewise, one of my nieces is trying to set me up with online sales. Hopefully by the time I get out of hospital the site will be working and at least one sale completed.

My blog (future operating site) is ethanntea.wordpress.com. On Facebook, Ethan & Tea.

Chip, I am now a vendor/member I suppose. My friend, Teadoff, I won't break the rules pertaining to that. Cheers, everyone.
Good luck! And I'll second Bok's suggestion for pix!

May 9th, '17, 04:53

by john.b » May 9th, '17, 04:53

Not bad. The most obvious advice has been offered, to add pictures, but maybe I can make a couple more suggestions.

Related to writing, it helps a lot to write something, let it rest a day or two, then go back and edit it. I'm not sure what you'd be changing in your own case but I find it's easier to read content with a fresh perspective and see potential improvements that are easy to miss in one writing.

One part that has always tripped me up in my own blog writing is why to write at all. It was an experiment, then a way to keep the notes and links, later about trying out research themes, and vendors send samples to review. It was intended to relate to discussion but that never did work out; feedback is minimal. I guess I just like both writing and tea and it combines them.

If you can clarify what the point is, or different goals, it may make it easier to explore further depth, eg. adding more about travel. One stated goal is to sell tea but I'd expect that in general that won't lead to much traction with potential readers, until your business is well established, and then communication and sales might work together. If adding more information about the teas is part of the point reviewing the content in light of that as a focus could help, and doing limited research.

May 9th, '17, 15:06

by joelbct » May 9th, '17, 15:06

Thanks Ethan, bookmark added re your blog.

Good luck with the study!

Jun 15th, '17, 01:14
Vendor Member

by ethan » Jun 15th, '17, 01:14

Out of hospital & found that my niece does not have my site up and running yet. I should get it up with list of teas & prices before the end of the month.

Hospital stay as medical subject was challenging to say the least. I was the first person put on a high-fat diet and suffered some of the mistakes made in its initiation (e.g. five pats of butter to be put on 2 blueberry muffins & one must consume everything for every meal & snack). I have survived & in 4 - 6 weeks will have $ for visit to Thailand & Taiwan.

Glad to see Teachat is still active. Time for a session of Father's Love. I deserve. (No fat biopsies this time but a lot sleep deprivation, constant saliva teasting, blood drawing (total one liter taken) electrodes on head & body, rectal sensor, & more. Yes, time for my best tea. cheers

Jun 15th, '17, 03:55

by john.b » Jun 15th, '17, 03:55

Good to hear that went well. The rectal sensor part does sound a bit excessive but I think I could go on a high fat diet no problem.

Jul 27th, '17, 17:30
Vendor Member

by ethan » Jul 27th, '17, 17:30

I moved the blogs on wordpress to ethanntea.com which is open now to sell tea for a week. My niece is computer literate will handle the site for a week to get some idea of response that might help me when I am buying since I will be abroad tasting tea soon and definitely buying tea in Taiwan the first 11 days of September. The site will be operating in September and onwards without interruption if all goes as planned. I will try to list myself as vendor/member again. I don't know why, but I could not edit my personal info earlier. Cheers

+ Post Reply