What herbal tea are you drinking today?

Healthy herbs, rooibos, honeybush, decaf tea, and yerba mate.

Oct 13th, '16, 15:58

Re: What herbal tea are you drinking today?

by kuánglóng » Oct 13th, '16, 15:58

Had too much sheng today, sipping some peppermint tea right now.

Oct 21st, '16, 12:18

by debunix » Oct 21st, '16, 12:18

Sick day today (just a cold) but it will be lots of tea and lots of ....tea byproduct today. Started with lemon, honey, chamomile, licorice root and raspberry and mulberry and linden leaves....warm, tasty, and delicious. Probably sencha next, and back to herbal in a while after that.

Dec 1st, '16, 10:34

by yalokinh » Dec 1st, '16, 10:34

Well, I'm sick again. I'm not usually one that gets sick a lot, so I'm pretty frustrated. Drinking some tea with ginger honey and lemon. Cheers everyone

Dec 1st, '16, 21:45

by john.b » Dec 1st, '16, 21:45

I recently tracked down cacoa nibs for use in a tea blend. I don't blend tea so often, not really my thing, but about once a year I'll make masala chai and Christmas tea (once each).

Those are just pieces of the cocoa bean, so they just taste like dark chocolate. The vendor said people typically use them for coffee, and that makes perfect sense. Mixing them with the grounds would create a natural mocha.

Of course they are considered a super-food too; everything is a super-food now, or bad for you, or cycling between one and the other.

Dec 2nd, '16, 11:35

by debunix » Dec 2nd, '16, 11:35

I have never thought of using cacao nibs for tea, though I do drink hot chocolate daily, spiced with some of the same things I'd put into an herb tea--cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, citrus, mint. Roasted, ground cacao nibs are the stuff of chocolate, but I've not heard of using whole nibs. I'd love to know what you try with them, and how you like it.

Dec 6th, '16, 22:09
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Dec 6th, '16, 22:09

john.b wrote:I recently tracked down cacoa nibs for use in a tea blend. I don't blend tea so often, not really my thing, but about once a year I'll make masala chai and Christmas tea (once each).

Those are just pieces of the cocoa bean, so they just taste like dark chocolate. The vendor said people typically use them for coffee, and that makes perfect sense. Mixing them with the grounds would create a natural mocha.

Of course they are considered a super-food too; everything is a super-food now, or bad for you, or cycling between one and the other.
Nibs are indeed a super food. I just threw 5g of cocoa powder into a protein shake, but I'm switching to nibs after I run out!

Dec 6th, '16, 23:08

by john.b » Dec 6th, '16, 23:08

I made a hot cocoa with them recently (cacoa nibs), essentially the same as that tea blend version but without tea. For that I ground the nibs further, just before use, down to the level of a rough coffee grind. I used vanilla bean as well, and flavored that with dark cherry jam, and added cream at the end, and sugar. It was good, just an interesting version of cocoa.

Oddly my kids didn't really like it. The taste wasn't the same as processed chocolate--although it was close--or ovaltine, which is really what they were looking for. It tasted a lot more like a dark chocolate. Even diluted down a little with milk they still didn't drink it. It was interesting to me for tasting exactly like a chocolate covered cherry, the initial non-diluted version. It was probably too much work just to make a hot cocoa though, and for them a powdered blend would be better.

Dec 6th, '16, 23:28

by pedant » Dec 6th, '16, 23:28

that sounds really, really good.

Dec 7th, '16, 05:24
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Dec 7th, '16, 05:24

Yeah it does! It's pure chocolate. Dark chocolate has a higher concentration of cocoa solids, hence the similarities. You just sold me on em with the 'chocolate covered cherry' bit!

Dec 7th, '16, 10:45
Vendor Member

by ethan » Dec 7th, '16, 10:45

John, that cocoa is too much boost for your young children. Like giving them espresso.

Oct 1st, '17, 10:55

by Tintinmelo75 » Oct 1st, '17, 10:55

I am having organic rooibos from South Africa.

Oct 12th, '17, 05:29

by PaulaCosta » Oct 12th, '17, 05:29

My favorite herbal tea is kiprei, few know about it, but how I read about what is its use, and in many respects agree with what they write about it https://acikgunluk.net/rastenie-kiprej- ... -muzhchin/

Mar 5th, '19, 04:52

by Michael.W » Mar 5th, '19, 04:52

I'm having bael fruit tea. It helps me digest better, and reduce bloating from my IBS.

Jun 13th, '20, 21:40

by arora2020 » Jun 13th, '20, 21:40

African Rooibosch is my new favorite. I really like the flavor and it relaxes me after a busy day.
I also like other blends from teawithherbs but this one is by far the winner.

Jun 15th, '20, 14:46

by Bridgette » Jun 15th, '20, 14:46

I usually try to limit my caffeine intake, but I haven't been able to get enough of Mocha Nut Mate lately.

But it definitely feels so much better than actually drinking a coffee. Coffee gives me jitters and I can feel my heart pumping!
Adagio Online Community Manager

+ Post Reply