Where to get Yerba Mate tea (brands?)

Healthy herbs, rooibos, honeybush, decaf tea, and yerba mate.

Nov 24th, '16, 18:46

Re: Where to get Yerba Mate tea (brands?)

by kuánglóng » Nov 24th, '16, 18:46

yalokinh wrote:
All at once??? :shock:
Never tried it but If you feel like it :lol:
Most of the time I just add a bit of mint and nettles to the yerba, preferably fresh from the garden. That combo always works for me. BTW, I forgot to mention elder blossoms, fresh, dried or extract.

Feb 7th, '17, 19:10

by ClarG » Feb 7th, '17, 19:10

The site http://www.goyerbamate.com has a lot o excellent yerbas from Argentina, Paraguay, and Brasil/Uruguay. There are both flavored and non-flavored, and pure leaf, and the type with palo or stems. I do not work for this site but I have ordered from them for about a year.

Yes some people do add herbs to yerba. I have done this with rooibos, various types of mint, lemon verbena leaves, lavender, and fruit juice as you can make yerba iced as well. Some people add sugar or honey.
Last edited by ClarG on Feb 7th, '17, 19:13, edited 1 time in total.

Feb 7th, '17, 19:12

by ClarG » Feb 7th, '17, 19:12

victoria3 wrote:Ha, according to planet yerba mate, I must be a 'macho gaucho man' because I prefer Rosamonte Sin Palo, over all it is smooth and gutsy. I get mine at any Latin market in the US. I find Guayaki way too weak, a northerners organic light touch, barely a whisper....
Rosamonte desplada or sin palo is pretty good. I tend to buy Despalada or sin palo types of yerba as you get more leaf than you do with the standard palo type or even the suave type which has more stems than leaves.

I don't mind Kraus/EcoTeas/Guayaki; but they are all the same company and are in general more mild.

Feb 7th, '17, 23:06

by ClarG » Feb 7th, '17, 23:06

VelociTea wrote:Also.. If anyone is concerned about the Yerba Mate-Cancer link, like I was, it is because the majority of the South American companies traditionally smoke dry their product over burning wood, which drastically increases the presence of PAHs (polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons) in the Yerba.

As I mentioned before, I drink organic Guayaki Yerba Mate, a North American company, and their San Mateo Yerba is 100% air dried. The taste difference between air and smoke dried is night and day. I personally enjoy air dried MUCH more, as the smoked ones literally tasted like wood to me.
PAHs (polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons) are in a lot of things including lots of foods, air, water, coffee, and even tea.

Most yerba, even the type processed with fire and a lot of major Argentine and Paraguayan brands like Amanda, La Rubia, Nobleza Gaucha, and Federico, is not smoked unless it's Rosamonte brand or it's the Barbauca type.

Feb 8th, '17, 02:16

Re: RE: Re: Where to get Yerba Mate tea (brands?)

by Groucho » Feb 8th, '17, 02:16

ClarG wrote:
victoria3 wrote:Ha, according to planet yerba mate, I must be a 'macho gaucho man' because I prefer Rosamonte Sin Palo, over all it is smooth and gutsy. I get mine at any Latin market in the US. I find Guayaki way too weak, a northerners organic light touch, barely a whisper....
Rosamonte desplada or sin palo is pretty good. I tend to buy Despalada or sin palo types of yerba as you get more leaf than you do with the standard palo type or even the suave type which has more stems than leaves.

I don't mind Kraus/EcoTeas/Guayaki; but they are all the same company and are in general more mild.
Why do you say "all the same company"?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Feb 19th, '18, 06:29

by anabea » Feb 19th, '18, 06:29

www.lovefromargentina - they have yerba tea bags in many flavors.

Sep 2nd, '18, 11:07

Where to get Yerba Mate tea brands

by Michaelbok » Sep 2nd, '18, 11:07

My suggestion is a little out of left field for most people but catnip tea is my favorite tummy soother. It is related to mint and so has the same affects while also being a tiny bit sedative like chamomile. I manage a pet store so Ive actually tested out several different brands. The best as far as taste has been Yeoowww brand catnip. Its organic and really good quality.

:)

+ Post Reply