Rooibos: headaches

Healthy herbs, rooibos, honeybush, decaf tea, and yerba mate.

Oct 28th, '14, 17:57

Re: Rooibos: headaches

by memer » Oct 28th, '14, 17:57

A great choice of tea that has a lot of healthy benefits. I love taking it before bed time, for me to sleep better. Rooibos has variety of antioxidant like Aspalathin which help balance blood sugar. It is also caffeine free which is good for those people suffering from insomia. This can also cure or ease headache that why it is commonly known as relaxation mineral and will protect you against headache that may lead to migraine.
Last edited by Chip on Feb 14th, '16, 11:05, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Link removed ... per forum rules.

Feb 12th, '16, 23:11

by swongky » Feb 12th, '16, 23:11

I think I may have done my life-time quota of rooibos. These days, it'll take me 3 days of drinking it at work (several times a day at work), before I get pretty bad headaches and I'm not one to usually get headaches.

I'm not sure if it's because I leave the tea leaves in and it getting pretty strong?

However, I find it hard to do moderation with rooibos, so I stay clear of it these days.

Sep 3rd, '18, 16:23

by lemoncat » Sep 3rd, '18, 16:23

I can never understand the purpose of people saying: "It never happened to me and I drink/eat/do that all the time". Just because something didn't happen to you personally, like a nut allergy for example, doesn't help the person it does happen to. To me it's super invalidating. Those comments usually suggest the person is confused and something else must be going on- their reasoning being that it didn't happen to them personally. Some people eat peanuts all the time and never have a problem.

There are more than one person on just this thread saying Rooibos tea gives them headaches. Googling doesn't prove anything either as there are tons and tons of blogs, etc saying it's good for many things. Also many places selling it saying it's good for many things. It doesn't mean that there aren't people who DO get negative reactions from it.

I've just read so many times, "I consume x food/drink every day and never had a problem." I'm happy for you, but maybe someone who's not you does have a problem with (fill in the blank). There are things also like oxalates, salicylates, histamine, mold, etc. ,that can make people feel unwell. Maybe this stuff is susceptible to mold. Or there may be issues about the way it's processed. Plus no food is a superfood. Foods that are exclusive to certain parts of the world get pushed on the rest of the world as super healthy, but the fine print shows they are only marginally different from any other fruit, veg, tea, etc.

Oct 24th, '18, 04:41

by Vic » Oct 24th, '18, 04:41

I used to drink normal tea. However over the years my throat took strain. I found it was similar to heart burn. I also found it difficult to swallow food. I concluded that it was the tannins in tea or tannic acid. I also has mild pain in my finger joints. Not sure if this was related. So I stopped drinking normal tea. My throat cleared up well. Still get the odd heartburn but certainly not as bad as it was. Also no joint pain. I tried Rooibos tea. I found if I did not drink too much all was fine. But excessive drinking it would give me headaches. One evening I drank two large cups of Rooibos. I awoke at around 3am with the most severe headache. Almost migraine, I don't normally get headaches like that. I have stopped drinking Rooibos and have had no more headaches. I now drink Earl White tea (80% hot water, 20% milk) you get used to it. No headaches, no sore throat and no sore joints.

Oct 26th, '18, 20:32

by TomRiddle247 » Oct 26th, '18, 20:32

Hi guys, im new here so... Nice to meet you !
Well i found some articles about this Rooibos (red tea) and they say its pretty good for losing weight and fat. Also, one friend of mine send me this site to buy this tea
( https://teaburnsfat.wordpress.com/ ) . Does anyone know if this is legit ?

Oct 27th, '18, 07:56

by TomRiddle247 » Oct 27th, '18, 07:56

hey,you can learn about rooibos tea in this blog https://teaburnsfat.wordpress.com/blog/ . That actually help me with my sleep and my weight, too. Hope it will help you

Dec 18th, '18, 12:37

I'm new here I've enjoyed reading these post had a question

by jimmy615 » Dec 18th, '18, 12:37

hi im a 40 yr old truck driver and i dont have much time due to i work 7 days a week up to 70 to 80 hours a week im looking for a natural way to lose weight im 6 ft 3 320 pds looking to lose 150 pds i was talking to this guy yesterday he told me about this tea https://reviewing.video.blog/2018/12/17 ... ruTKa9JT6o
does anyone no anything or have used this tea i like the review just looking for some feed back or some recomendation on other products thanks.

Jan 7th, '19, 14:21

by Steftsan » Jan 7th, '19, 14:21

In my case, Rooibos tea helps me sleep well, and I don't have headaches or migraines after I consume it. Also, check this article about the benefits of Rooibos tea to see how beneficial it is in general:

https://healthandeuphoria.wordpress.com ... f-red-tea/

Mar 1st, '19, 04:00

by Esther » Mar 1st, '19, 04:00

I have just figured out that Rooibos Tea gives me a headache. It's not a super bad one, but makes me a bit out of it and also dizzy.

Apr 10th, '19, 00:43

by grl4567 » Apr 10th, '19, 00:43

Esther wrote: I have just figured out that Rooibos Tea gives me a headache. It's not a super bad one, but makes me a bit out of it and also dizzy.
I just want to offer an explanation as to why rooibos might give some people a headache or migraine. Apparently rooibos is made using a fermentation process, which would create a substance called tyramine. Look up the relationship between tyramine and migraine. That substance is the reason migraine sufferers are told to stay away from foods and drinks that are aged, cured or fermented. It's a shame because I've been looking for a tea which won't trigger my migraines and was hoping rooibos would be it, but now I'm not so sure. Maybe the green kind will be better in that regard.

Jun 24th, '19, 11:56

by grl4567 » Jun 24th, '19, 11:56

Update: I purchased organic green rooibos tea, I have been having it every morning for a couple of months, and I am not experiencing any headaches or migraines with it. And I have been a migraine sufferer all my life. I know that certain foods are triggers for me because I can get some awful migraines with certain ingredients like MSG and red wine (research the migraine diet and its relationship with tyramine), but thankfully I haven't been having any problems with green rooibos, perhaps because it doesn't go through the fermentation process as red rooibos does. Just putting this out there in case any migraine suffers are worried about rooibos being a trigger. Go for organic green. The taste is fine too.

Jun 13th, '20, 21:37

by arora2020 » Jun 13th, '20, 21:37

This is strange. I this you should consult a physician before drinking that.
I drink African Rooibosch (by Tea with Herbs) regularly and I love it. It kindda relaxes me.

Lynda wrote: I love the taste of Rooibos teas and used to drink it every almost every night.
Afte rusing it for a short time I started being awakened in the middle of the night with SEVERE headaches, migraine like.
Found that when I quit using the Rooibos I don't have the headaches.
Just thought others might need to know about this if they are drinking it and having headaches.

Jun 15th, '20, 14:50

Re:

by Bridgette » Jun 15th, '20, 14:50

Mary R wrote: Wow, I hadn't heard anything about rooibos triggering a headache before. In fact, I often drink it in the evenings and have found that my stress headaches seem a little less when I drink it...but that's probably psychosomatic.

I think I'll do a little research on this topic.
Would love to hear what you find!

I've read that the antioxidants, or perhaps some other component, of Rooibos is actually supposed to be good for headaches.

Though, I have read that people are allergic to Rooibos. I wonder if any headaches someone would experience is due to an allergy? I know my seasonal allergies give me headaches if I don't keep up on my allergy pill daily.
Adagio Online Community Manager

+ Post Reply