Expired Yerba Mate

Healthy herbs, rooibos, honeybush, decaf tea, and yerba mate.

Sep 8th, '15, 00:56

Expired Yerba Mate

by vuqar » Sep 8th, '15, 00:56

Hello to everyone
I am yerba mate drinker and I bought guayaki yerba mate recently which has two year consume expiration and will expire this month.I want to know is it safe to drink yerba after expiration date ended and do the health effects stay same after?
thank you.

Sep 10th, '15, 12:58

by Groucho » Sep 10th, '15, 12:58

Safe -probably. As enjoyable - probably not.

Nov 18th, '15, 13:05

Re: Expired Yerba Mate

by plant partaker » Nov 18th, '15, 13:05

I have drunk yerba mate after it expired and it just has a lesser flavor to me no bad effects from drinking it.

Nov 18th, '15, 13:05

by plant partaker » Nov 18th, '15, 13:05

I have drunk yerba mate after it expired and it just has a lesser flavor to me no bad effects from drinking it.

Dec 2nd, '18, 16:51

by WeBJammin' » Dec 2nd, '18, 16:51

It's definitely safe. It just won't have the same flavor and aroma. I would try it and let the taste be your guide on if you want to keep it.
I use this Does Tea Expire resource a lot:
https://www.californiateahouse.com/tea- ... tea-expire
vuqar wrote: Hello to everyone
I am yerba mate drinker and I bought guayaki yerba mate recently which has two year consume expiration and will expire this month.I want to know is it safe to drink yerba after expiration date ended and do the health effects stay same after?
thank you.

Aug 5th, '19, 09:27

by JoonasJ » Aug 5th, '19, 09:27

vuqar wrote: Hello to everyone
thank you.
Don't worry it's safe to drink it. The taste might not be as good as two years ago but otherwise there is no problem as long as you didn't open the package 2 years ago.

If the package has been opened for a long time and it has been in a very humid place, it's possible that there are some molds. But even this is quite unlikely.

+ Post Reply