User avatar
Nov 27th 13 2:29 am
Posts: 691
Joined: Mar 10th 11 1:17 pm
Location: on top of a mountain.

Re: Zared: trade aged samples

by gasninja » Nov 27th 13 2:29 am

.Taiwan is a typo.

Thanks spell check police

Or where you really not aware that Taiwan is a country in Asia where Puerh tea is commonly stored.

User avatar
Nov 27th 13 2:39 am
Posts: 21658
Joined: Apr 23rd 06 12:52 am
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

Re: Zared: trade aged samples

by Chip » Nov 27th 13 2:39 am

Sup, TeaFriends? :mrgreen:

Nov 27th 13 7:39 pm
Posts: 403
Joined: Dec 9th 12 7:02 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: Zared: trade aged samples

by Exempt » Nov 27th 13 7:39 pm

puyuan wrote:
shah82 wrote:think about the difference in price/quality ratios when it comes to Royal Puer and TeaUrchin. This is not considering places like China Flair or PurePuer.
Sorry to intrude but this sounded a little cryptic to me, as I only know half of these vendors. Would you care to expound? Thanks.

I'd also like to hear what exactly you mean, Shah

Nov 27th 13 10:55 pm
Posts: 1280
Joined: May 9th 09 7:59 pm

Re: Zared: trade aged samples

by shah82 » Nov 27th 13 10:55 pm

I think it's best to leave it cryptic because this isn't really a forum to be fully critical of vendors, and since I don't hate Royal Puerh or TeaUrchin, and especially since I have little direct experience with Royal Puerh products, I don't think I want to expound on the reasoning.

China Flair and PurePuer are places with very poor quality/price ratios, although China Flair looks to have at least decent cakes if dramatically overpriced.

--
Dang, looking at China Flair--they don't seem to have raised their prices, so the p/q has been improving over the years...And they have interesting tea, if you're willing to pay very big money for it...I'd love to try that '90s Songpinhao, and the price for a cake isn't totally unreasonable, if it's in good condition.

Nov 27th 13 10:58 pm
Posts: 162
Joined: Mar 29th 13 10:00 am

Re: Zared: trade aged samples

by puyuan » Nov 27th 13 10:58 pm

shah82 wrote:I think it's best to leave it cryptic because this isn't really a forum to be fully critical of vendors, and since I don't hate Royal Puerh or TeaUrchin, and especially since I have little direct experience with Royal Puerh products, I don't think I want to expound on the reasoning.

China Flair and PurePuer are places with very poor quality/price ratios, although China Flair looks to have at least decent cakes if dramatically overpriced.

--
Dang, looking at China Flair--they don't seem to have raised their prices, so the p/q has been improving over the years...And they have interesting tea, if you're willing to pay very big money for it...I'd love to try that '90s Songpinhao, and the price for a cake isn't totally unreasonable, if it's in good condition.

That's what lead to me ask, because I didn't find the songping and zhenchuanyahao overpriced at all. I'm getting used to seeing worse. I assumed you meant their tea had poor storage overall. Anyway, thanks!

User avatar
Nov 28th 13 1:53 am
Posts: 691
Joined: Mar 10th 11 1:17 pm
Location: on top of a mountain.

Re: Zared: trade aged samples

by gasninja » Nov 28th 13 1:53 am

Wow this thread got a little side tracked.

But I gotta say the zhenchuanyahao is over 2500 dollars :shock:

Nov 28th 13 4:05 am
Posts: 162
Joined: Mar 29th 13 10:00 am

Re: Zared: trade aged samples

by puyuan » Nov 28th 13 4:05 am

gasninja wrote:Wow this thread got a little side tracked.

But I gotta say the zhenchuanyahao is over 2500 dollars :shock:

About the same as the only other western reseller that had it? The only (much) cheaper price I've seen lately was in a taiwanese auction, but that was for a full tong and it was a while ago actually. (I don't know about the storage of either this or the auction's also.)

Sorry to op for all this off-topic, I'm actually interested but unfortunately most of my better stuff is stashed away in China. I'll see if I can find something nice though.

User avatar
Nov 28th 13 5:36 am
Posts: 691
Joined: Mar 10th 11 1:17 pm
Location: on top of a mountain.

Re: Zared: trade aged samples

by gasninja » Nov 28th 13 5:36 am

I know but a two years ago that would have bought a Huang Yin.

Ouch just checked Best tea house Canada they are selling it for $4000
Last edited by gasninja on Nov 28th 13 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nov 28th 13 5:41 am
Posts: 1280
Joined: May 9th 09 7:59 pm

Re: Zared: trade aged samples

by shah82 » Nov 28th 13 5:41 am

Who's voting for the Huangyin?

I know Zhenchunyahao is nice and all, and historic.

But I want the 70s tea.

Nov 28th 13 11:57 pm
Posts: 162
Joined: Mar 29th 13 10:00 am

Re: Zared: trade aged samples

by puyuan » Nov 28th 13 11:57 pm

shah82 wrote:Who's voting for the Huangyin?

I know Zhenchunyahao is nice and all, and historic.

But I want the 70s tea.
And I ramble again...

I'd go with the younger one because of the education it provides: a sort of benchmark for all the to-be-aged gushu cakes we've been buying and, more importantly, because I'm interested in blending and pressing a few cakes for self-consumption. Besides blending, I'm finding "recipe" (what leaf material goes with what) an increasingly underrepresented art and I'd like to understand what an original Songpinghao producer did when left to his own devices with years to pick and choose maocha.

But at this price tag, I'd just risk the 97, really. :|