Sep 17th, '13, 12:46

exquisite - offer - Unique Teruyuki Isobe kyusu Gray Unryu

by exquisite » Sep 17th, '13, 12:46

Hi everybody ,

I got this superb kyusu from JapaneseHandcraft back in October 2010 for 228$. ( I have the original webpage saved with original price and photos, that are also included in the photo album linked at the end).
2010-2-12-11-16-13-526.jpg
2010-2-12-11-16-13-526.jpg (30.8 KiB) Viewed 4474 times
DSCN9664.JPG
DSCN9664.JPG (44.21 KiB) Viewed 4474 times
DSCN9661.JPG
DSCN9661.JPG (32.87 KiB) Viewed 4474 times

It was my most beloved piece of teaware, a perfect balance between elegance , simplicity and functionality. The zen style design of both circles on the body and the lid is quite a pleasure to contemplate during late night tea sessions. Unfortunately my lately nomad lifestyle doesn´t allow the luxury of such moments anymore and I decided to sell all my teaware. This kyusu is a unique piece of craftsmanship , so it also doubles as a piece of art in some sense. Also if you are a collector or will decide to sell it in 20 years from now, surely won´t loose its value :)

It is very light, thin walled, the lid fits perfectly, and the pour is flawless. It sits on its handle, no geometry imperfections, a pleasure to use it. Anybody who ever used a Teruyuki kyusu before would a agree on this.

The kyusu is in mint condition, it was used less than a 100 times approx. , I only brewed gyokuro and high grade sencha with it. Religiously taken care of, it has never seen tap water or other low quality water, the only one I ever used for tea is this Bezoya :

http://www.mineralwaters.org/index.php? ... parval=460

It has not been used in more than 2 years, stored in it´s original wooden box in Madrid, Spain where humidity is as nonexistent, so no chance of mold here.

I hope to find a new home for it, better for somebody to use , appreciate and give it life with good quality green teas.

Asking price is 150 euro + paypal fee 3,4% + shipping to almost anywhere in Europe. Tracked and insured, of course,and also bombproof packed. It would get to no more than 170 euro total.
It comes in the original wooden box, with all the papers and details as it can be seen in the photos linked below.
Of course it can travel anywhere in the world, but I´m afraid the high cost of postage to other regions might be too high to consider. Anyway I can obtain shipping quotes at request.

Here are some more detailed photos I just took , (also included 8 photos from the original website and 3 older tea-brewing pics) :

http://imageshack.us/g/1/10320287/

More info from the original webpage :
##############################################
Item Description
Production District: Tokoname (Aichi, JAPAN)
Potter: Teruyuki Isobe
Pot height (to top of lid): 2-15/16 inch (75 mm)
Pot Diameter: 3-3/4 inches (95 mm)
Pot Serving Size: approximately 7.7 oz. (230 ml)
Box: wooden box

Who is Teruyuki Isobe?
Teruyuki Isobe was born in 1938 at Tokoname. Tokoname city has been holding “Chosan exhibitions” of pottery every couple years. He has gotten awards at this exhibition 11 times since 1976. He was recognized by the governor of Aichi prefecture in 1988 as an excellent craftsman of traditional industry. He has opened his own kiln in 2007.

Why choose a Tokoname tea pot?
Tokoname tea pots have excellent functions.
1. The angle for pouring is a very effective design. Tea does not drip from the spout.

2. The handle is designed for easy handling.

3. The lid shape is adjusted to perfectly match the pot after firing. The excellent match provides a good condition for steaming tea leaves.

4. Impurities adsorb with the fine particle clay. It works as kind of filter and enhances the primary taste of tea.

5. The clay has a lot of iron oxide. The oxide reacts with tannin. Tannin is a kind of bitter taste in tea. So if tannin and iron oxide react with each other, the tea taste changes to mild.
#########################################################

Oct 7th, '13, 04:39

Re: exquisite - offer - Unique Teruyuki Isobe kyusu Gray Unryu

by exquisite » Oct 7th, '13, 04:39

150 Euro shipped (tracked and insured) to almost anywhere in Europe.
Offer valid until Friday 11 Oct 2013!
One of a kind piece of teaware!

Nov 2nd, '14, 07:58

by exquisite » Nov 2nd, '14, 07:58

new price : 130 Euro shipped (tracked and insured) to almost anywhere in Europe.

Oct 11th, '17, 10:42

by exquisite » Oct 11th, '17, 10:42

120 Euro with free tracked shipping inside EU.

+ Post Reply