Jun 4th, '10, 16:50

plantpartaker: offer 1oz of organic lapsang souchong

by plant partaker » Jun 4th, '10, 16:50

I do not like this tea!! the vendor is New Mexico Tea Company. I am willing to trade for it or anything just get it away from me :lol:

Jun 5th, '10, 00:19

Re: plantpartaker: offer 1oz of organic lapsang souchong

by kymidwife » Jun 5th, '10, 00:19

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Lapsang Souchong elicits such strong emotions! I didn't hate it, but its not something I'd drink often at all. I ended up using the last of mine to make marbled hardboiled eggs... gave a nice hint of smoky flavor and a lovely marbled finish to the egg's surface. If you can't trade off the tea, try making eggs!

Just brew up the tea nice and strong... and after your eggs are boiled, pour off the water, gently crackle the egg shells of each egg all around the surface... put them back in the pan, and pour the Lapsang Souchong tea over the eggs. Let them soak for a while (I soaked mine for a couple of hours)... turn them a few times if the tea isn't deep enough to cover the whole egg... and when finished soaking, peel the eggshells, and there will be a pretty marbling of color on the eggs. Great for deviled eggs.

Not that you asked for a recipe... but there you have it. :)

Sarah

Jun 5th, '10, 01:56

by boywoodhe » Jun 5th, '10, 01:56

Sorry, Lapsang Souchong is not my cup of tea. The tea taste like it is a burnt campfire ashy taste. Good luck on your swap....you will find someone who will trade with you. ;)

yours in tea
woodie

Jun 5th, '10, 02:09

by plant partaker » Jun 5th, '10, 02:09

Yea I don't care to much for hard boiled eggs. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Jun 6th, '10, 12:46

by nmteaco » Jun 6th, '10, 12:46

As people have mentioned its definitely an acquired taste. Its one of our most popular teas, but its not for everyone. Since it seems no one wants to trade for this tea I'll send you a sample of something else more to your liking if you [PM me].

David Edwards
Owner - NM Tea Co.
Last edited by Chip on Jun 6th, '10, 19:46, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Email contact info removed. Member can contact via forum private message.