Sep 14th, '11, 14:24
Posts: 506
Joined: Oct 7th, '09
Location: South Carolina

Re: auhckw: KLP 1 - 2005: Golden Award Liu-Pao 85122

by bryan_drinks_tea » Sep 14th, '11, 14:24

I just purchased a pine basket to store my liu bao in. I will find a natural cloth and boil it out without using any soaps to reduce any odors it may have. the basket is nice, and un-dyed, but a small tag on it says it's for decorative non-food use only. I'm going to put a cloth in the basket to keep the tea out of contact with the wood. Do any of you out there think that I should still use it?

User avatar
Sep 14th, '11, 19:36
Posts: 1653
Joined: May 24th, '10
Location: Malaysia

Re: auhckw: KLP 1 - 2005: Golden Award Liu-Pao 85122

by auhckw » Sep 14th, '11, 19:36

bryan_drinks_tea wrote:I just purchased a pine basket to store my liu bao in. I will find a natural cloth and boil it out without using any soaps to reduce any odors it may have. the basket is nice, and un-dyed, but a small tag on it says it's for decorative non-food use only. I'm going to put a cloth in the basket to keep the tea out of contact with the wood. Do any of you out there think that I should still use it?
Does the pine basket have smell? If yes, not good. The liubao may absorb the smell.

Also, if the small tag says for non food use... i think u better follow :mrgreen:

Sep 15th, '11, 09:58
Posts: 506
Joined: Oct 7th, '09
Location: South Carolina

Re: auhckw: KLP 1 - 2005: Golden Award Liu-Pao 85122

by bryan_drinks_tea » Sep 15th, '11, 09:58

There's no pine smell, but I will follow the tag's (and your) indications.

My search shall continue.

User avatar
Sep 19th, '11, 07:58
Posts: 1653
Joined: May 24th, '10
Location: Malaysia

Re: auhckw: KLP 1 - 2005: Golden Award Liu-Pao 85122

by auhckw » Sep 19th, '11, 07:58

Been busy with work lately, so will be ending this KLP1 on 30th Sept (Fri). Last round of orders. Parcel to be sent 08th Oct (Sat).

Edited.
Last edited by auhckw on Sep 19th, '11, 09:20, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Sep 19th, '11, 08:01
Mod/Admin
Posts: 21640
Joined: Apr 22nd, '06
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

Re: auhckw: KLP 1 - 2005: Golden Award Liu-Pao 85122

by Chip » Sep 19th, '11, 08:01

auhckw wrote:Been busy with work lately, so will be ending this KLP1 on 30/05. Last round of orders. Parcel to be sent 08/06 (Sat).
Heh, your dates are a bit confusing to this Westerner?

User avatar
Sep 19th, '11, 09:21
Posts: 1653
Joined: May 24th, '10
Location: Malaysia

Re: auhckw: KLP 1 - 2005: Golden Award Liu-Pao 85122

by auhckw » Sep 19th, '11, 09:21

Omg... what happened to my dates... hahaha... ok edited.

User avatar
Sep 19th, '11, 13:39
Posts: 709
Joined: Sep 4th, '10
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: auhckw: KLP 1 - 2005: Golden Award Liu-Pao 85122

by the_economist » Sep 19th, '11, 13:39

haha its not your fault. this strange land places months in front of days unlike the rest of the world :)

User avatar
Sep 19th, '11, 13:47
Posts: 2817
Joined: Oct 16th, '08
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Arlington, VA
Contact: Drax

Re: auhckw: KLP 1 - 2005: Golden Award Liu-Pao 85122

by Drax » Sep 19th, '11, 13:47

the_economist wrote:haha its not your fault. this strange land places months in front of days unlike the rest of the world :)
It wasn't just a reversal of numbers.... unless if he really was referring to May and June of next year...! :lol:

User avatar
Sep 29th, '11, 20:42
Posts: 1653
Joined: May 24th, '10
Location: Malaysia

Re: auhckw: KLP 1 - 2005: Golden Award Liu-Pao 85122

by auhckw » Sep 29th, '11, 20:42

~end of KLP1~

Locked