Jun 5th, '14, 16:24
Vendor Member

ethan: resealable thick foil pouches

by ethan » Jun 5th, '14, 16:24

I want to have about 100 good quality zip pouches for tea. To buy 100 for 150 gram size w/ shipping would cost > 45 cents a pouch. A 250 gram size a few cents more. This is > than I want to spend per pouch; so, I am considering buying a whole case to get the price per pouch to around 30 cents. ?s: 1. Do any of you want to buy large quantities of these?
2. The distributor sells 2 oz, 4 oz., 8 oz. 12 oz. sizes; what is your preference?
3. I favor brown Kraft paper on the outside (because it is easy to write on & resists tears, w/ thick foil inside--- like that
4. Who is interested in quantities of 50 or 100 or more?
Thanks, Ethan
Chip, let me know whether this is appropriate

Jun 5th, '14, 16:27

Re: resealable thick foil pouches

by Poseidon » Jun 5th, '14, 16:27

$15 for 50 isnt a bad deal. I may be in if this develops.

EDIT: I would be interested in the 2oz and 4oz packs
Last edited by Poseidon on Jun 6th, '14, 08:39, edited 1 time in total.

Jun 5th, '14, 21:28
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Jun 5th, '14, 21:28

ethan wrote:Chip, let me know whether this is appropriate
I say go for it ... thanks for asking. Just remember my cut! :mrgreen:

Jun 8th, '14, 19:58
Vendor Member

by ethan » Jun 8th, '14, 19:58

I ordered the 4-ounce size. The 5.6 mil pouch has Kraft brown paper on the outside (which resists tears & cuts well) & 2-ply foil inside. The zip is very endurable. When not full, air can pushed out to flatten whatever part one does not need. Pushing down the inside of the bag rounds out the bottom for the stand-up feature or get that by filling the pouch very full. Of course, one can write on the paper.

Because of lack of response I did not order a full case buy enough for a quantity-discount. Anyone who wants any can get these pouches sent by me for 32 cents each + shipping . (Please don't ask for < 20 pouches.)

I should add that protection against UV rays etc. is rated excellent.
I've used some pouches for > 2 years & like using them more than I like using tins or foil bags closed w/ tape, ties, clips, &/or rubber bands.

Jun 27th, '14, 22:10
Vendor Member

by ethan » Jun 27th, '14, 22:10

I have packed a lot of the black tea I recently received from Nepal into these zip pouches. It seems a smart, easy way to store a quantity of tea long-term & to have handy amounts available. Does anyone want to buy some? 32 cents each means $16 for 50, $8 for 25. A small amount can fit in a large envelope & go regular first class mail for not too much postage.

SWAPPING: I will trade pouches for tea. If pouches don't interest you, I could swap some of the Jun Chyabari HOR black tea from Nepal.
WANTED: oolong. To give an idea: I've been most impressed w/quality of Origin Tea, Red Blossom Tea, Hou de Thes (? in Houston), but have been happy w/ tea from cheaper vendors. I don't like heavy vegetal flavor nor > a hint of the taste of minerals. So, does anyone want to swap 1. sweet oolongs (not jin xuan, not tgy, not roasted or fired) more like lishan, alishan, boazhong; or, 2. aged boazhong; or, 3. MT's Imperial Pearl?

Jun 28th, '14, 03:59

by kyarazen » Jun 28th, '14, 03:59

ethan wrote:I have packed a lot of the black tea I recently received from Nepal into these zip pouches. It seems a smart, easy way to store a quantity of tea long-term & to have handy amounts available. Does anyone want to buy some? 32 cents each means $16 for 50, $8 for 25. A small amount can fit in a large envelope & go regular first class mail for not too much postage.

SWAPPING: I will trade pouches for tea. If pouches don't interest you, I could swap some of the Jun Chyabari HOR black tea from Nepal.
WANTED: oolong. To give an idea: I've been most impressed w/quality of Origin Tea, Red Blossom Tea, Hou de Thes (? in Houston), but have been happy w/ tea from cheaper vendors. I don't like heavy vegetal flavor nor > a hint of the taste of minerals. So, does anyone want to swap 1. sweet oolongs (not jin xuan, not tgy, not roasted or fired) more like lishan, alishan, boazhong; or, 2. aged boazhong; or, 3. MT's Imperial Pearl?
how many excess pouches do you have? i might be interested in a nice quantity

Jun 28th, '14, 10:56
Vendor Member

Re: ethan: resealable thick foil pouches

by ethan » Jun 28th, '14, 10:56

I have 400 extra pouches.

Aug 13th, '14, 10:00

by Cameo399 » Aug 13th, '14, 10:00

I would be interested in some pouches if you still have any. Probably about 50-100. Can you also let me know where you bought these from, for future reference? Might like to buy more at some point.

Thanks!

Aug 13th, '14, 12:47

by Poseidon » Aug 13th, '14, 12:47

Just so everyone knows, these bags are pretty high quality. Im very happy I got some! Also, the black tea ethan has is quite nice. Its reminds me of a smooth darjeeling minus the muscal funk.
Last edited by Poseidon on Aug 13th, '14, 13:55, edited 1 time in total.

Aug 13th, '14, 13:18
Vendor Member

by ethan » Aug 13th, '14, 13:18

Cameo399, I bought the pouches from StockBag Depot. I bought half a case, 500. Buying wholesale cuts the cost down, but there is a charge for "splitting" a case & shipping is expensive because the pouches' thickness makes them heavy. I sell them at 32 cents each plus shipping. The black tea that Poseidon kindly mentions, I got from Jun Chiyabari, Nepal. It is called Himalayan Orange. In April I was lucky enough to taste two flushes of this tea & preferred the summer flush from 2013. I kept thinking about how much I loved it. About a month later I bought all that Jun Chiyabari still had available. Again, buying directly from the source in quantity saves a lot of $; while shipping & the taxes & broker fee of customs takes some savings away. At $6 an ounce or only $16 for 100 grams, it is still cheaper than the 100 grams for $23.80 (+ s&h) which is the cheapest I've seen any vendor sell this particular tea of Jun Chiyabari. Besides the taste, I like that the tea is organic.
PM me, please, when you want to order.

Oct 19th, '14, 11:20

by Cameo399 » Oct 19th, '14, 11:20

Sorry I haven't visited this page for awhile. Unfortunately my finances have a crimp in them at the moment so I will hold off for now. Maybe I can check back with you in a few months to see if you still have them available. Thanks!

Oct 20th, '14, 10:27
Vendor Member

by ethan » Oct 20th, '14, 10:27

Cameo, I will be able to ship out pouches up to December 8th. Like you, broke at the moment & hoping by Xmas to be somewhat flush. Good luck.

Nov 14th, '14, 10:40
Vendor Member

by ethan » Nov 14th, '14, 10:40

Update on resealable pouches & HOR black tea from Nepal. (For comments on this tea search posts for Himalayan Orange):

Posts on this thread & PMs to me about the pouches & tea express interest but w/o resulting in completed transactions sometimes. Those who have bought are happy.

I will leave USA for 4 months on December 8th; so, anyone who wants the best thick, zip-lock storage for tea w/ ability to write directly on the outside, should order pouches this month. The 2 guys that live in Singapore should let me know how many I should carry to Thailand to ship to them from there.

Reminder: the pouches cost 32 cents each & hold about 4 oz. of tea. There is no problem keeping much smaller amounts of tea in them, as one can push unused space flat to get air out. The thick Kraft paper outside resists tears while layers of foil (> 5 mil thick) keep tea fresh.

I've put 90 grams (>3 oz.) of the tea in some pouches to sell for only $16. I've been using 2 grams to infuse 8 oz. of boiling water twice. So 90 grams will prepare 90 big cups of delicious tea.

I like to ship via the priority mail one price = $5.75. I take payment via paypal w/ friends & family designation (which avoids me paying fees) or by check.

Nov 14th, '14, 11:17

by BW85 » Nov 14th, '14, 11:17

I may get some more pouches before you leave the states; I'll let you know.

These are very good pouches

Apr 5th, '15, 09:32
Vendor Member

by ethan » Apr 5th, '15, 09:32

back in the USA:

Happy to report that these pouches can handle tough travel. My tea had no ill effect from high heat, humidity, etc. as I moved around on cheap overnight bus rides etc.

Still for sale at 32 cents per pouch plus shipping.

Hold about 4 oz. of tea. Can write on paper outside. Zip locks are tight & strong. This metal truly protects tea.