Kuala Lumpur Malaysia

Culture, language, tangibles, intangibles from countries known for tea. China, Japan, Taiwan, Korea, India, etc...

Mar 8th, '15, 23:47

Kuala Lumpur Malaysia

by AT333 » Mar 8th, '15, 23:47

I'll heading to Kuala Lumpur,Malaysia for a few days soon for work. I have 2 free days to spare. I heard that there a lot of great Teahouses and tea shops. I'll be grateful to accept any recommendation around that area. Thank you. :mrgreen:

Mar 9th, '15, 02:43

Re: Kuala Lumpur Malaysia

by kyarazen » Mar 9th, '15, 02:43

here are some that were suggested

(1) Kepong area -
九鼎香大益专卖店总行 JDX's Lim Jee Jian(Dayi Tea)
九鼎香茶行. 44, Vista Magna, Jln Prima, Jln Kepong, 52100 K.L. 52100
http://www.jdx.com.my/

Tearoomkl's Cody Tan(Xiaguan Tea)
No.4, Jalan Besar
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
+60 3-6263 1058
http://lauchar.com/

老喬木茶莊Old Tree Tea's Sally Wong(Pots+MixTea)
http://www.oldtreetea.com/
B-1-09, Block B, Plaza Metro Prima, Jln Metrol , 52100 K.L.
52100 甲洞 Kepong Area
吉隆坡 Kuala Lumpur 馬來西亞 Malaysia
电話 Phone: +603-6254 7070

Long Run Trading's Mr Ongya Lim(Pots+MixTea).
32, Jalan Metro Perdana Barat 2, Taman Usahawan Kepong, Kuala Lumpur, 52100, Kuala Lumpur, WP Kuala Lumpur, 52100, Malaysia
+60 3-6250 4562

(2) Seri Kembangan area -
Tea li's Keith Chua(Pots+Mix Tea)
吉利茶行 TEA LI SERDANG ENTERPRISE
17-1, Jalan SP 2/7, Taman Serdang Perdanan Sekysen 2,
43300 Seri Kembangan, Malaysia

Wei Wang(Premium Pots+ Mix Tea)
https://www.facebook.com/weixiangtea

South City Mall - Dayou Alex( PremiumPots+OwnTea),
Xiao Yao Teahouse(Pots).

(3) China Town -
十全号記茶行Shiquan Tea Art (Dayi Tea)
Selangor Complex - LFK Enterprise's John Liew(Pots+Mix Tea) Chanoyou.

(4) Balakong area-
永恒香 Yong Hen Siang (Lao Tong Zhi Tea + Mix Tea)
Lot G54, G. Floor Plaza Uncang Emas, (UE3) No. 85, Jalan Loke Yew, 55200, Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia

JDX C-180(Dayi Tea),

(5) Old Klang Road
JDX Pearl Point(Dayi Tea)
My Ecotea's Yee Yin Mun (Premium Dayi Tea)

(6) Pandan Indah -
Tangren's Wai Chee Keong (Own Tea + Premiun Dayi Tea)
唐人茶藝 M5-A-13A, Jln Pandan Indah, 55100 Ampang, K.L.
55100 Cheras Area

(7) Taman Cheras -
大自在茶艺 Da Zi Zai Tea Art's Ricky Heng(Old Pots + Old Tea)
no 12a,jalan kaskas,taman cheras (level 2 from a restaurant/building labelled 12)

(8) Sun Complex Bukit Bintang -
Skip4tea's Patrick Teow (Premium Dayi Tea+ lots of pots and other porcelain)

(9) Purple Cane HQ at Pudu Plaza (Pots+Own Tea).
purple cane is everywhere!... great place to buy lin's ceramics and other stuffs.

Mar 9th, '15, 07:54

by AT333 » Mar 9th, '15, 07:54

THANK YOU kyarazen. :mrgreen:

I'll be spoilt for choices now :mrgreen:

Oct 7th, '15, 08:24

by Puerlife » Oct 7th, '15, 08:24

AT333 wrote:I'll heading to Kuala Lumpur,Malaysia for a few days soon for work. I have 2 free days to spare. I heard that there a lot of great Teahouses and tea shops. I'll be grateful to accept any recommendation around that area. Thank you. :mrgreen:
How was your trip to KL?

Nov 22nd, '15, 09:46

by Tofsla » Nov 22nd, '15, 09:46

Last week I was on a short trip in KL, but had only 4 free hours last Wednesday in the early afternoon. So, I went to Chinatown.

Initially, I was planning to visit only the 2 tea shops I have previously been to and liked in Selangor Complex: Cha No Yu on the 9th floor, and another one. The latter used to be on the ground floor, just behind Evergreen, but I found out that it has moved to the 1st floor about 1 year ago. Both shops were closed, and when I got back there in about 1 hour, both still were closed.

Previously, I have had a peek into Evergreen tea shop and into Purple Cane, both on Jln Sultan. Somehow, neither looked promising to me, and I never stayed for tasting their teas (maybe, some other time, though).

So, I visited few other shops in the area.

First, was Shiquan Tea Art on Jln Tun HS Lee, not far from the Guan Di temple, on the other side of the street. They told me they are one of only two official dealers for Dayi products in Malaysia. I am not that interested in Dayi, but fortunately they have other teas as well, which are not on display, though. The latter include some older Changtaihao production, somewhat aged, very clean and fairly priced, and some liu bao teas, one of which I particularly liked - I was told it is ca. 30 y.o. The lady who was attending me was very informative. We have had a generally good talk and I have learned few things from her, especially on liu bao. With a pack of the latter I left.

I went on, and on Jln Sultan, close to Jln Petaling entrance, I noticed a small tea shop I have not seen before. It is called Jazz White Tea. They sell mostly wuyi yancha, some coming from the owner's family farm in the area and its neighbors. I was invited in by a very cheerful young girl, with whom I have had some great (and rather expensive, of course) jinsuochi, and then few of their aged oolongs - pretty good and moderately priced. We have had a great discussion on various tea-related topics, and in that respect that was one of the best tea sessions I have ever had with someone.

The third shop I visited was Da Hong Pao tea shop near the spot Jln Sultan bends. It was not a very successful visit. The girl there first gave me some really nasty cheap DHP, followed by a so-so rougui. Eventually we got to a decent baijiguan and I decided to stop at this point. If I ever get there again, I should avoid any teas cheaper than at least 150 ringgit for 20 packs there by all means.

+ Post Reply