Wellington - New Zealand

Culture, language, tangibles, intangibles from countries known for tea. China, Japan, Taiwan, Korea, India, etc...

Jan 18th, '17, 05:16

Wellington - New Zealand

by Rui » Jan 18th, '17, 05:16

Later in the year my wife and I are going to New Zealand on holidays including few days in Wellington. :lol:

:?: Does anyone know where I can buy raw (green) pu-erh tea in Wellington as there are always problems bringing natural products into the country and I am not sure they will allow me to bring my own tea? :?:

Many thanks.

Rui

Jan 30th, '17, 22:17

Re: Wellington - New Zealand

by Bok » Jan 30th, '17, 22:17

Rui wrote:Later in the year my wife and I are going to New Zealand on holidays including few days in Wellington. :lol:

:?: Does anyone know where I can buy raw (green) pu-erh tea in Wellington as there are always problems bringing natural products into the country and I am not sure they will allow me to bring my own tea? :?:

Many thanks.

Rui
Not sure about Puerh, but you might want to try New Zealand Oolong. I seem to remember some Taiwanese are growing and selling it there. Maybe more interesting than the same old same old while on holiday? 8)

Jan 31st, '17, 05:48

Re: Wellington - New Zealand

by Rui » Jan 31st, '17, 05:48

Bok wrote:
Rui wrote:Later in the year my wife and I are going to New Zealand on holidays including few days in Wellington. :lol:

Many thanks.

Rui
Not sure about Puerh, but you might want to try New Zealand Oolong. I seem to remember some Taiwanese are growing and selling it there. Maybe more interesting than the same old same old while on holiday? 8)
Thanks Bok. As part of our holidays we are passing very close to the actual tea plantations so we will pop in there as my wife is a Oolong tea lover as well.

+ Post Reply