Specialty of Fujian

Culture, language, tangibles, intangibles from countries known for tea. China, Japan, Taiwan, Korea, India, etc...

Jun 12th, '17, 21:07

Specialty of Fujian

by ginagreen » Jun 12th, '17, 21:07

I have been to Fujian for tourism, and want to come back with some specialty, then the local person recommend me to buy Tie Guanyin. They say it is the most famous local specialty, and it tastes light, and suitable for most people to drink. So I have bought a little back, after tasting I think it is very suitable to drink when afternoon tea time, with some dessert or cake. If you have the opportunity to travel there, I also suggest that you can buy one points of Tie Guanyin, believe that your friends or family will be very fond of it.
Attachments
茶1.jpg
茶1.jpg (49.32 KiB) Viewed 1372 times

Jun 14th, '17, 08:40

Re: Specialty of Fujian

by tcsmeg » Jun 14th, '17, 08:40

ginagreen wrote: I have been to Fujian for tourism, and want to come back with some specialty, then the local person recommend me to buy Tie Guanyin. They say it is the most famous local specialty, and it tastes light, and suitable for most people to drink. So I have bought a little back, after tasting I think it is very suitable to drink when afternoon tea time, with some dessert or cake. If you have the opportunity to travel there, I also suggest that you can buy one points of Tie Guanyin, believe that your friends or family will be very fond of it.
Fujian is not only famous with Tie Guan Yin. There are a few others but considered the most popular famous tea is Da Hong Pao(in ancient time it is only available to the emperor) . Qi Men Hong cha (a red tea with fruit flavour)).

Jun 15th, '17, 10:02

by kuánglóng » Jun 15th, '17, 10:02

Add a number of white teas like Yin Zhen, Bai Mu Dan, Gong Mei, Shou Mei.

Jun 20th, '17, 22:16

by ginagreen » Jun 20th, '17, 22:16

tcsmeg wrote: Fujian is not only famous with Tie Guan Yin. There are a few others but considered the most popular famous tea is Da Hong Pao(in ancient time it is only available to the emperor) . Qi Men Hong cha (a red tea with fruit flavour)).
Yeah, you are right! There are so many famous tea in Fujian, what I often drink is the Tie Guan Yin, which type of tea you like best? :?:

Jun 20th, '17, 22:17

by ginagreen » Jun 20th, '17, 22:17

kuánglóng wrote: Add a number of white teas like Yin Zhen, Bai Mu Dan, Gong Mei, Shou Mei.
Wow, you guys must be the professional tea drinkers right!?

Jun 21st, '17, 01:27

by kuánglóng » Jun 21st, '17, 01:27

ginagreen wrote: There are so many famous tea in Fujian, what I often drink is the Tie Guan Yin, which type of tea you like best? :?:
Whatever fits the moment :) (bodily needs, climatic factors, mood, ...).

+ Post Reply