Dec 22nd, '16, 04:41
Vendor Member

Re: Does Jiao Gu Lan (Fiveleaf Gynostemma) Herbal Tea really can help us to better sleep?

by jayinhk » Dec 22nd, '16, 04:41

JK Tea Shop wrote:I bought this tea, because it's effects are very similar to that of ginseng, only this tea is a lot cheaper and easier to prepare. The tea is VERY sweet and can become bitter if you steep it too long. I bought this tea for someone I know who has sleeping issues. She has been drinking it about 60-90 minutes before she went to sleep for the past few days and she has told me that she sleeps a lot better now.

Does Jiao Gu Lan (Fiveleaf Gynostemma) Herbal Tea really can help us to better sleep?
Yes, I believe it can--it balances your entire system. It can also make you eat more, give you more energy, help you with exercise and all kinds of ther stuff. It's a powerful plant and really great for you. It is indeed supposed to be similar to ginseng in effects.

Apr 16th, '17, 21:19
Vendor Member

Re: Does Jiao Gu Lan (Fiveleaf Gynostemma) Herbal Tea really can help us to better sleep?

by ethan » Apr 16th, '17, 21:19

I started drinking this Jiao gu lan mixed w/ a little safflower six weeks ago. It did not seem to effect me at all, but I liked the taste. A few days ago I stopped all intake of caffeine as required by my participation in research (for 8 weeks). I don't feel the jiaogulan is doing anything now either. However, now that I am not drinking it between sessions of tea, it tastes exceedingly sweet. I will prepare it next time w/ a tiny pinch of leaves, hoping its palatable at that reduced strength.

Apr 17th, '17, 12:29
Adagio
Scrolling: scrolling

by Emily@Adagio » Apr 17th, '17, 12:29

Moving this topic over to "Tea and Health" since we're discussing the way this tea might effect your health.

:)

Apr 20th, '17, 13:36

by wei301 » Apr 20th, '17, 13:36

JK Tea Shop wrote: I bought this tea, because it's effects are very similar to that of ginseng, only this tea is a lot cheaper and easier to prepare. The tea is VERY sweet and can become bitter if you steep it too long. I bought this tea for someone I know who has sleeping issues. She has been drinking it about 60-90 minutes before she went to sleep for the past few days and she has told me that she sleeps a lot better now.

Does Jiao Gu Lan (Fiveleaf Gynostemma) Herbal Tea really can help us to better sleep?
It works for me. I've been drinking it before bed until I discovered gaba tea. It helps me to sleep even better!

Apr 21st, '17, 17:10

by LooseLeafTeaMarket01 » Apr 21st, '17, 17:10

Jiao Gu Lan is what's called an adaptogen. So essentially it helps your body adapt to stress and get stronger. It seems to be somewhat energizing to people who are a tad sluggish, and has more of a calming effect on people who are wound up. It doesn't surprise me that it helps your friend sleep.

+ Post Reply