Sep 13th, '10, 02:25

Re: How does tea make you feel?

by Komsip » Sep 13th, '10, 02:25

One should of course never try to use personal anectodes and testimonials as a source to learn from.
Directly from drinking tea, I used to not feel anything from drinking tea but since the last half year or so I've gotten more sensitive to the effects of the tea (the caffeine really) it makes me feel anxious and nervous and my stomach hurts.
Anyway you ask specifically about long term use. There is only one thing I can think of here and that is what it does to the teeth because it contains so much fluoride. Where I live the cities do not fluoridate the water, this is rarely a problem since almost all toothpaste these days contains fluoride.
Anyway, when I was younger like until I was 18, I had pretty bad mouth hygiene because I was very depressed, I didn't often brush my teeth, plus I have always had a dry mouth from all the medicines I take, but I did drink tea every day, all the time, and I think the fluoride in the tea protected my teeth, because I never had a tooth problem until just recently at age 27 when I got a cavity, and that was only after I stopped drinking tea for half a year for the reason I described up in the top.
This despite that I have had a good normal dental hygiene for many years now.
Also all the other kids when I was in school had had dental cavities, and none of them drank tea, it could be a coincidence.
But then I didn't eat candies or drink sweet drinks unlike the other kids (i never much liked sweet things) so that could be an explanation too.

But if you live in a country where most public water sources all fluoridated like in the US, then this should not matter that much because you get plenty of fluoride just from drinking the tap water, but I guess if you are constantly sipping tea then you're more likely to have some fluoride in your mouth. However if you put sugar in your tea then that completely removes the protective effect, and is just harmful to the teeth instead, just like anything with sugar.

Sep 17th, '10, 09:23

by PamEast » Sep 17th, '10, 09:23

I've been having a lot of headaches recently, and I have finally figured out that it may be tea related. It's not the tea per se, but the fact that my caffiene intake has been wildly erratic. I drank tea constantly for a month, then suddenly started mixing it up with herbals and other beverages.

I think I"m having caffiene withdrawl symptoms on the days I drink less actual tea.

Today I'm going to try and keep track of how many cups of tea I drink, and then keep it consistant for a while and see if the headaches clear up.

Pam

Oct 4th, '10, 16:55

by Johnnyxs676 » Oct 4th, '10, 16:55

After experimenting with tea for a while I have noticed an improvement in my late day energy levels. I mainly drink white and green teas and started drinking 4 cups throughout the morning and refill my nalgene bottle with water after the tea is gone. I've decided to make tea a part of my morning routine and I'm going through some different types of whites and greens and herbals occasionally and when I'm under the weather. I definitely get withdrawal headaches when I skip my morning tea which makes me think about it, but I really like drinking it anyway. Overall I feel like I do benefit from it and enjoy the taste.

-Johnny

Oct 5th, '10, 03:53

by Alex » Oct 5th, '10, 03:53

Tea (oolong really) Sharpens me up and makes me feel calm at the same time.

Oct 5th, '10, 05:02

by skilfautdire » Oct 5th, '10, 05:02

As for me, it is perhaps not possible to directly relate stuff to tea exclusively although there's one recent observation from this summer. This summer I had only but Chinese green teas. I recently got some Japanese matcha, genmai and hoji and noticed a difference that would tend to make me balance Chinese *green* teas. Specifically, drinking only Chinese green teas adds to nervousness and perhaps can contribute to slight headaches or at least set the ground for some to happen when other conditions are met. However there is seemingly no limit to drinking *organic* Japanese teas (apart matcha of which I only take a bowl per day).

At the moment Japanese teas are for me the above-mentioned plus aoyanagi (non-organic). No sencha nor gyokuro.

Apart from that other changes such as replacing toasts/jam/eggs in the morning by rice/soba/miso/natto (not all at the same time !) may have contributed to wellness so I wouldn't attribute all goodness to tea. (That's a long time I wanted to go back to some Japanese food and now seems to be the time.)

All in all, in evaluating effects I think the type of tea makes quite a difference. Drinking 6 cups (150 ml each) of bi luo chun a day will not amount to the same effect as drinking the same quantity of sencha.

In general, drinking tea is great. I totally left coffee since I started and even though I tried to drink a few cups (sometimes homemade as before from fresh beans in French press) I could not like the dense, thick taste of coffee. Spoiled by the tastes of teas (all kinds).

Mar 3rd, '17, 05:07

by Juju » Mar 3rd, '17, 05:07

Green tea has brought me so many benefits, it helps me get rid of the onion smell of my mouth (which I was so embarrassed before), my skin is smooth, my body is detoxed, and recently I read that green tea can help strongthen nails (https://authorityremedies.com/how-to-ma ... -stronger/)
Just one problem is that sometimes I drink tea at night so I can't sleep haha :D

Mar 3rd, '17, 15:06

by cwj » Mar 3rd, '17, 15:06

Alex wrote: Tea (oolong really) Sharpens me up and makes me feel calm at the same time.
That's pretty much what it does for me as well.
Kind of a "calm focus" is what I experience. Some euphoria as well.

Mar 4th, '17, 12:10

by victoria3 » Mar 4th, '17, 12:10

cwj wrote:
Alex wrote: Tea (oolong really) Sharpens me up and makes me feel calm at the same time.
That's pretty much what it does for me as well.
Kind of a "calm focus" is what I experience. Some euphoria as well.
Yes, I also find oolong calms me while sharpening my focus, adding clarity and a certain lightness. Senchas on the other hand, are more of a stimulant, in particular 1st flush Sinchas.

Apr 21st, '17, 17:26

by LooseLeafTeaMarket01 » Apr 21st, '17, 17:26

In general the more healthy things you do for yourself, the better you'll feel.

The way tea makes me feel depends on what it is. I drink a LOT of herbal blends that we make that have various effects.

Some of them I drink to perk me up in the morning. Others I drink when I want to be alert and sharp but not stimulated by caffeine. Some teas I drink to take the edge off. Others I drink for the anti-inflammatory and cleansing effects.

But I notice that the more disciplined I am with the gym and my diet, the better adding tea to my routine makes me feel.

May 15th, '17, 08:48

by SakuraTraveler » May 15th, '17, 08:48

I drink about two cups a day, always black in the morning and green/white/low caffeine black in the evening. I have an addictive personality so I don't listen to my brain telling me to go grab that next cup.
My skin always broke out lesser when I used to drink green tea regularly. The ritual of tea brewing and smelling always calms me and makes me happy, so there's that psychological takeaway.
On the mornings that I drink South-Indian-filter-coffee, I pee a lot compared to the black tea days.

May 19th, '17, 03:40

by ginagreen » May 19th, '17, 03:40

If I drink milk tea at night, I will definitely be sleepless. So for me, the refreshing of tea works well .

May 20th, '17, 07:39

by tcsmeg » May 20th, '17, 07:39

Physically it make me feel refresh particularly the effect of Tie Kuan Ying.
Spiritually, I would like to think of Lao philosophy 行善若水(the wisdom of water) and human as part of nature itself.

May 21st, '17, 23:32

by janet11 » May 21st, '17, 23:32

I do not pay special attention to the change of my body after drinking tea. But I know it against disease tosome extent. Results from these studies suggest that green tea may help treat the following health conditions: Atherosclerosis,High cholesterol,Cancer (Bladder, Breast, Ovarian, Colorectal, Esophageal, Lung, Pancreatic, Prostate, Skin and Stomach), Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD),Diabetes, Liver Disease, Weight Loss and more. I think teahelp me a lot.

Apr 16th, '19, 09:38

by HealingFit » Apr 16th, '19, 09:38

In general, tea is a very relaxing natural drink, yet i found it can also help with a multitude of other things! I was overweight and seeking a new way to lose weight (Most methods hadn't worked) and stumbled across the 'Red Tea Detox'. I made an investment in the detox and ended up losing almost all the weight i had aimed to lose. If anyone needs an effective way to not only feel better, but look better, do the red tea detox, it's awesome!

Apr 22nd, '19, 07:46

by 12Tea » Apr 22nd, '19, 07:46

janet11 wrote: I do not pay special attention to the change of my body after drinking tea. But I know it against disease tosome extent. Results from these studies suggest that green tea may help treat the following health conditions: Atherosclerosis,High cholesterol,Cancer (Bladder, Breast, Ovarian, Colorectal, Esophageal, Lung, Pancreatic, Prostate, Skin and Stomach), Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD),Diabetes, Liver Disease, Weight Loss and more. I think teahelp me a lot.
There are studies that show that it's the enjoyment of the process of making tea that might contribute more to the health benefits. It's not strange that health benefits of green tea are proved by mainly asian studies. In countries like Japan, people truly enjoy the ceremony of making tea, it's like a meditative experience that contributes to health. If you strip that part away, the pure scientific benefit becomes more insignificant.

+ Post Reply