Oct 11th, '17, 14:58

Are Japanese greens "safer" than Chinese?

by MTHall720 » Oct 11th, '17, 14:58

May sound like an odd question but I am concerned with everything I keep reading about such heavy air pollution and pesticides both in some parts of China. Is there any general concensus that some Japanese greens my be less likely to be grown in air polluted areas than in China??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Oct 11th, '17, 22:17

Re: Are Japanese greens

by Senlin » Oct 11th, '17, 22:17

MTHall720 wrote: May sound like an odd question but I am concerned with everything I keep reading about such heavy air pollution and pesticides both in some parts of China. Is there any general concensus that some Japanese greens my be less likely to be grown in air polluted areas than in China??

Hi MTHall,

I hate to say that, but unless you know very well your producer and his tea gardens, Japanese teas are indeed safer.

Be aware that Japanese green teas are not at all similar to Chinese green teas though. So if you really like Chinese green tea, you should try to find a trustable Chinese tea store (there's several highly recommandable in North America)

But if you like both, go with the ones you feel more comfortable with :-)

Senlin

Oct 11th, '17, 22:23

Re: RE: Re: Are Japanese greens

by MTHall720 » Oct 11th, '17, 22:23

Senlin wrote:
MTHall720 wrote: May sound like an odd question but I am concerned with everything I keep reading about such heavy air pollution and pesticides both in some parts of China. Is there any general concensus that some Japanese greens my be less likely to be grown in air polluted areas than in China??

Hi MTHall,

I hate to say that, but unless you know very well your producer and his tea gardens, Japanese teas are indeed safer.

Be aware that Japanese green teas are not at all similar to Chinese green teas though. So if you really like Chinese green tea, you should try to find a trustable Chinese tea store (there's several highly recommandable in North America)

But if you like both, go with the ones you feel more comfortable with :-)

Senlin
Thanks Senlin. Do you have a favorite trusted U. S. source for Chinese? Do you know if there are any White teas from Japan?

Oct 12th, '17, 06:58

by Senlin » Oct 12th, '17, 06:58

As far as I know, there is no white tea in Japan : almost exclusively green, with some black and Oolong experiments.

In US, I trust Seven Cups as an excellent tea shop. There's more of course, but I haven't had the chance to work with them yet...

Oct 17th, '17, 11:23

by nasalfrog » Oct 17th, '17, 11:23

MTHall720 wrote: Thanks Senlin. Do you have a favorite trusted U. S. source for Chinesee? Do you know if there are any White teas from Japan?

http://www.yuuki-cha.com/japanese-white-tea

Here is some Japanese white tea. It's out of stock, however. Check back because it might come back in stock... otherwise it will likely be back sometime next year

Oct 20th, '17, 01:41

by John Sung » Oct 20th, '17, 01:41

Hi,

Any good online vendor for Japanese tea? I drank some Japanese tea a few times and want to try a better one.

Oct 20th, '17, 04:33

by lopin » Oct 20th, '17, 04:33

John Sung wrote: Hi,

Any good online vendor for Japanese tea? I drank some Japanese tea a few times and want to try a better one.
I really like yunomi.life. their mystery teas are good value and always have good promotions and very often free shipping

Oct 21st, '17, 06:01

by JRS22 » Oct 21st, '17, 06:01

John Sung wrote: Hi,

O-cha.com is an excellent vendor

Oct 24th, '17, 12:51

by 12Tea » Oct 24th, '17, 12:51

JRS22 wrote: O-cha.com is an excellent vendor
Agree, I'm a fan of O-cha as well! Especially some of their Gyokuro.

Nov 6th, '17, 05:15

by John Sung » Nov 6th, '17, 05:15

12Tea wrote:
JRS22 wrote: O-cha.com is an excellent vendor
Agree, I'm a fan of O-cha as well! Especially some of their Gyokuro.
Thanks. Will give it a try.

+ Post Reply