Apr 22nd, '19, 21:05

Re: How does tea make you feel?

by deerthief » Apr 22nd, '19, 21:05

12Tea wrote:
janet11 wrote: I do not pay special attention to the change of my body after drinking tea. But I know it against disease tosome extent. Results from these studies suggest that green tea may help treat the following health conditions: Atherosclerosis,High cholesterol,Cancer (Bladder, Breast, Ovarian, Colorectal, Esophageal, Lung, Pancreatic, Prostate, Skin and Stomach), Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD),Diabetes, Liver Disease, Weight Loss and more. I think teahelp me a lot.
There are studies that show that it's the enjoyment of the process of making tea that might contribute more to the health benefits. It's not strange that health benefits of green tea are proved by mainly asian studies. In countries like Japan, people truly enjoy the ceremony of making tea, it's like a meditative experience that contributes to health. If you strip that part away, the pure scientific benefit becomes more insignificant.
What is the deal with green tea and weight loss? Worth checking on?

Apr 25th, '19, 21:02

by 12Tea » Apr 25th, '19, 21:02

deerthief wrote: What is the deal with green tea and weight loss? Worth checking on?
I would just regard it as a healthy zero calorie beverage when drank in moderation. It's not a miracle weight loss drink. In fact, drinking too much is too laxative and bad for the stomach health.

Apr 28th, '19, 21:33

by machastudio » Apr 28th, '19, 21:33

Drinking tea makes me calm and devoid of any unnecessary thoughts. It's my go-to drink whenever I write my plans for the week on my journal because it doesn't make me feel any palpitations that could be a hindrance on my writing.

May 1st, '19, 16:55

by Solman636 » May 1st, '19, 16:55

Mr. Usaji wrote: Today I drank 5 cups of sencha, 2 cups of huang shan mao feng, and 1 glass of iced Ceylon. I feel tired and have horrible allergies. Must be the tea!
Until a few months ago I almost never had tea, and as someone on the lookout for addictive behaviors and their effects I feel I MUST question the effects of tea and admit how addictive it is and that as a fresh subject of the experiment there is NO question there are some powerful effects. Re: allergies etc. in the past I did have a theory about coffee and caffeine. Test my logic here. I noticed that many people who were regular caffeine users frequently complained of headaches and allergies. Granted whole populations thrive on green tea, like the Okinawan centenarians, but is this because of their diet and in spite of the tea? If one boosts their energy via caffeine and has the energy and power to go way beyond their "tea free" days then like any stimulant there must be a yang to the yin, a down side. If the immune system and cortisol levels are boosted one is likely not going to get the rest and recovery normally needed to keep symptom free from and allergies IMHO are a symptom of chronic lack of rest. Perhaps we adapt. I love the tea, and spend almost two hours a day in a tea meditation that has given me the greatest peace and joyful experience daily. How long will it go on without the allergies. I must say that my life long quiescent hives or urticaria has suddenly reappeared since I started the tea, but it is so brief that I am willing to endure it to get the buzz from the tea. However, a routine tea fast may be a good idea too. ??? For what it is worth this humble monk observes a cause of suffering with the tea, but it is well within the "middle way" I allow myself...at the moment, and I will see over time what else happens. Other syptoms: I laugh out loud a LOT at all the little ironies and mysteries of life. I can get a bit of GI cramp or even severe if I drink a liter of tea on an empty stomach. Marvelous physical sensations when first having tea after a period of abstinence. A life and stress saver if you are driving long distance. See Greger's video on youtube showing the brain waves of novice tea drinkers being of a magnitude of relaxation on par with veteran meditators too! etc. etc. So many effects one could write a thesis on the subject, but you have to have a few cups of tea to read through it all. Haha

Mar 1st, '20, 20:46

by isabellamor » Mar 1st, '20, 20:46

It makes me feel fit and healthy. A great alternative to a hot coffee and chocolate.

Sep 23rd, '20, 05:44

by Lisachocke32 » Sep 23rd, '20, 05:44

I've been drinking tea for all my life and I don't know how I could feel without tea. But I know for sure that the day I start with a cup of hot fresh tea-is a good and productive day. The day I start with anything else but tea-is a day which can't start for me until my first cup of tea.

Sep 25th, '20, 03:29

by SmallSmallTea » Sep 25th, '20, 03:29

Love it when i discover something new about the tea i already fancy.

My brewing session can be at times experimental and some other times relaxing. But in a nutshell, i think tea helps me to revitalize or reset my palate after dinner.

May 6th, '21, 01:19

by Kristen Stewart » May 6th, '21, 01:19

Well, every tea has its own health pros. It is important to consume organic tea that doesn't contain any caffeine. Caffeine can create severe problems in long run. These problems include- digestive problems, high blood pressure, fatigue, rapid increase in heart rate, and more.

Peach Green Tea is an organic tea that I have started to intake this month and must say I have started to notice significant changes in me. This is a flavor of green tea with added peach pieces. Some of the benefits that I witnessed include fat burning and no bad breath. It also claims to enhanced brain functioning, There are other benefits too that may help you in the long run. These include prevention from cardiovascular diseases, type 2 diabetes, cancer, and much more.

Sep 3rd, '21, 14:45

by senchalover » Sep 3rd, '21, 14:45

I have been drinking green tea (sencha) for years now and it perks me up and also rejuvenates me. Lately I only drink it when I get home from work. It is the first thing i do when I get home. It is a relaxing experience. I feel the stress of the day melt right off of me.

you have to go loose leaf all the way. It is the best.
Japanese shincha. :P :P :P :P

Sep 8th, '21, 09:30

by caotuan » Sep 8th, '21, 09:30

After experimenting with tea for a while I have noticed an improvement in my late day energy levels. I mainly drink white and green teas and started drinking 4 cups throughout the morning and refill my nalgene bottle with water after the tea is gone. I've decided to make tea a part of my morning routine and I'm going through some different types of whites and greens and herbals occasionally and when I'm under the weather. I definitely get withdrawal headaches when I skip my morning tea which makes me think about it, but I really like drinking it anyway. Overall I feel like I do benefit from it and enjoy the taste.

+ Post Reply