May 30th, '17, 20:57

Go to bed if you fell sleepy? Can I?

by janet11 » May 30th, '17, 20:57

Hi :roll:
No matter how early I sleep, I feel tried sleepy in the morning. Do you have same situation?
What kind of ways do you have tried to refresh yourself?
I need a cup of strong tea to stay awake! Do you have any recommendations?
Help me! I really tired.... :shock:

May 31st, '17, 18:15

Re: Go to bed if you fell sleepy? Can I?

by Xeractha » May 31st, '17, 18:15

Try to sleep 7 hours only. Too much sleeping can make you tired. Of course 7 hours might not be the best for you but it usually works for me and I heard from others too that 7 hours was the sweet spot.
Nowadays I drink sencha or kuki-cha in the morning and it's enough for me.

May 31st, '17, 20:46

by janet11 » May 31st, '17, 20:46

Xeractha wrote: Try to sleep 7 hours only. Too much sleeping can make you tired. Of course 7 hours might not be the best for you but it usually works for me and I heard from others too that 7 hours was the sweet spot.
Nowadays I drink sencha or kuki-cha in the morning and it's enough for me.
Everyday I can get about 7hours to sleep, maybe it's not enough for me?
Green tea must not strong for me I think. What about black tea?

Jun 1st, '17, 04:09

by Xeractha » Jun 1st, '17, 04:09

Caffeine content depends on steeping time, type of tea etc. Some green teas can be "stronger" than some black teas. I thought Karigane/Kuki-cha had way less caffeine than other teas but it still wakes me up.
There's some kind of "Georgian blend" black tea. My father likes it because it's quite strong, though I don't know where to get it online because I buy it locally.

Almost anything can make you tired (for example: depression). Last year I could barely get out of bed. My anxiety level was over 9000 and all the stuff. It's hard to tell what changed it exactly but I lost some weight, did some exercise and somehow decreased stress. Even a new bed can make your sleeping better thus making you more energetic in the morning.

I'd also try lowering caffeine intake. Try to drink less tea for 3-4 days than you do now. It might lower your caffeine tolerance and you could feel your morning tea "stronger". Sometimes it can be good to take a break from tea but only for a few days because it's a torture. :D

Jun 1st, '17, 22:07

by janet11 » Jun 1st, '17, 22:07

Xeractha wrote: Caffeine content depends on steeping time, type of tea etc. Some green teas can be "stronger" than some black teas. I thought Karigane/Kuki-cha had way less caffeine than other teas but it still wakes me up.
There's some kind of "Georgian blend" black tea. My father likes it because it's quite strong, though I don't know where to get it online because I buy it locally.

Almost anything can make you tired (for example: depression). Last year I could barely get out of bed. My anxiety level was over 9000 and all the stuff. It's hard to tell what changed it exactly but I lost some weight, did some exercise and somehow decreased stress. Even a new bed can make your sleeping better thus making you more energetic in the morning.

I'd also try lowering caffeine intake. Try to drink less tea for 3-4 days than you do now. It might lower your caffeine tolerance and you could feel your morning tea "stronger". Sometimes it can be good to take a break from tea but only for a few days because it's a torture. :D
Alas! Are you ok right now?
Sometimes too much caffeine intake will make me nervous, I will follow you to reduce the excessive drinking to relieve my sleep problems. It might work the founction of the morning tea. Maybe milk tea will good for me?

Jun 2nd, '17, 10:23

by Xeractha » Jun 2nd, '17, 10:23

Well, not anymore. :D I just got a mail a few minutes ago, I failed an exam I shouldn't have (university). Meh

I don't think milk helps at all. You could try cold brewed sencha. In theory caffeine release is lower in cold water but longer steeps might balance it. The upside is that you wouldn't need to brew anything in the morning, just drink tea the moment you get up.

Jun 4th, '17, 21:28

by janet11 » Jun 4th, '17, 21:28

Xeractha wrote: Well, not anymore. :D I just got a mail a few minutes ago, I failed an exam I shouldn't have (university). Meh

I don't think milk helps at all. You could try cold brewed sencha. In theory caffeine release is lower in cold water but longer steeps might balance it. The upside is that you wouldn't need to brew anything in the morning, just drink tea the moment you get up.
Mhm!
It's really nice of u.
I have tried what you told me and it work well fo me.
It's really amazing.

Mar 26th, '18, 19:09

by sencha » Mar 26th, '18, 19:09

I've been waking up exhausted for quite a while until just recently. About a week ago I reduced the amount of caffeine I consume to under 400 mg daily from all sources, and don't have anything caffeinated after 2-4 PM. I'm no longer a complete zombie in the morning. I'm thinking the caffeine was interfering with the quality of sleep I was getting. I've also noticed I'm not as jittery and anxious.

+ Post Reply