Mar 26th, '18, 23:21

Is the soil unhealthy in China?

by caulfield » Mar 26th, '18, 23:21

This past weekend, I was talking to someone who works in the sciences and he warned me off of Chinese teas (which is largely what I drink) and told me that the soil is very unhealthy in China and he wouldn't trust any Chinese teas and that the best teas are local.

Local tea is not a really viable option for me. I wasn't sure if this guy knew what he was talking about. Does anyone have any sense of this?

Mar 27th, '18, 15:14

Re: Is the soil unhealthy in China?

by 12Tea » Mar 27th, '18, 15:14

One should make a difference between polluted large cities on the East coast of China and tea gardens that are in the middle of nowhere thousands of kilometers away.

Mar 30th, '18, 06:02

Re: Is the soil unhealthy in China?

by InternPrimas » Mar 30th, '18, 06:02

12Tea wrote: One should make a difference between polluted large cities on the East coast of China and tea gardens that are in the middle of nowhere thousands of kilometers away.
That alarms me but I know much of the tea I drink come out of Fujian mountains. as they claim. However I also get some Japanese Sencha from Japan and we heard about Fukashima pollution however the tea has been tested and it doesn't seem to have any radiation. However that's a third party that tested the tea. I just know that a certain batch of green tea I get that originates from Fujian mountains this time didn't come out the same this batch I have I am unhappy with. However the last past year batchs have been excellent. This years batch has been terrible I almost don't want to purchase anymore so I experimented with other brands and found decent tasting tea from these other brands that source it from different places.

+ Post Reply