May 22nd, '08, 13:45
Scrolling: scrolling

by scruffmcgruff » May 22nd, '08, 13:45

chamekke wrote:I found an online seller that sells both kinds of tetsubin - the enamelled-inside ones ("teapots") and the ones that are unenamelled ("teakettles"):

http://www.wabisabi-world.com/

They are Nambu tetsubin, too... so the quality should be excellent.

I promise, this is not a paid commercial :wink: but I got excited when I saw some NEW unenamelled tetsubin for sale! And in English!!
Artistic Nippon has some too, but I'm not sure what the quality is like.
Tea Nerd - www.teanerd.com

May 23rd, '08, 00:07

by MarshalN » May 23rd, '08, 00:07

One slight issue I have with the website Chamekke posted -- the tetsubins are far from cheap.

You can get ones that are a lot nicer in look for maybe $100 more than these.... or even just for these prices, depending on your luck. Even Trocadero has some for about $300, which are probably just as good.

I personally prefer the older ones rather than the new ones, but that's just me.

May 23rd, '08, 01:14

by chamekke » May 23rd, '08, 01:14

Yes, I wasn't recommending the site for the low prices :wink: ... just for the availability of tetsubin that are unlined (and NOT rusty! - yet).

If you are not in a hurry, and you're prepared to do some hunting, I am sure you will find an unlined second-hand tetsubin somewhere that will be quite satisfactory.

"Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cosy, doesn't try it on."
- Billy Connolly

+ Post Reply