Dec 7th, '17, 16:25

Recommendations for Chinese teapots with bowl

by alcirv » Dec 7th, '17, 16:25

Hi,

I want to start gongfu brewing but I don't have any equipment yet and I am unsure as to what to buy to start me off. I would like a teapot with a bowl for catching liquid, however I'm finding it hard to find the best one for me. Do you have any recommendations that are not drastically priced?

I also can't find any tea sets that come with a pot and bowl for pot, so if you know of any such thing that would be really helpful too.

I am not interested in a Yixing clay pot as I will be making a variety of types of tea, and I also don't want to buy a bamboo tea tray.

Thanks!

Jan 23rd, '18, 22:34

Re: RE: Recommendations for Chinese teapots with bowl

by bonescwa » Jan 23rd, '18, 22:34

alcirv wrote:Hi,

I want to start gongfu brewing but I don't have any equipment yet and I am unsure as to what to buy to start me off. I would like a teapot with a bowl for catching liquid, however I'm finding it hard to find the best one for me. Do you have any recommendations that are not drastically priced?

I also can't find any tea sets that come with a pot and bowl for pot, so if you know of any such thing that would be really helpful too.

I am not interested in a Yixing clay pot as I will be making a variety of types of tea, and I also don't want to buy a bamboo tea tray.

Thanks!
I just use any old bowl, as long as its deep enough, it works fine.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Feb 12th, '19, 16:32

Re: Recommendations for Chinese teapots with bowl

by kukicha » Feb 12th, '19, 16:32

Tangpintea has some well-designed glazed ceramic teapots that i still use today. Prices on them range $10-30, on average.
https://www.tangpintea.com/Teapot/cat53 ... 30275.aspx

If you’re looking for a good flat wide bowl sort of thing to sit your teapot on, and to catch any water or spillage, verdanttea has a really cheap wooden one that tends to compliment simplistic teaware pretty well.
https://verdanttea.com/teas/carved-seal-tea-boat/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ Post Reply