Aug 8th 19 9:00 am
Posts: 2
Joined: May 9th 18 7:54 pm

Strained fukamushi from giawan

by dunaboy » Aug 8th 19 9:00 am

I’d like to buy my first tea set and I’m hesitating what type I should choose. I drink a variety of teas and am still in the explorative phase, I like to try out new ones. The ones that I liked so far and regularly return to are pu-erh, oolong and fukamushi.

I’ve read that one of the most universal tea wares are gaiwan, which can be used for pu erh, oolong or chinese green. It’s not considered ideal for fukamushi though because supposedly the small tea bits can easily slip out. Some recommend that one should use a strainer when pouring fukamushi out from a gaiwan into the pouring pot. I’d like to ask if anyone has experience with this method, and if yes, then in your opinion, a metal strainer, e.g., of this shape would be suitable for that purpose: ... b201603_60.

(General comments on the tea set in the link are also welcome. I’m looking for something up to 70 dollars, and my main criteria is glass/ceramic with white glaze inside, and a 120-150ml tea pot.)

Thank you in advance!