Jun 5th, '06, 22:51

inexpensive gaiwans

by dejj » Jun 5th, '06, 22:51

We were recently IM'ing about the topic of inexpensive gaiwans. Thought some of you might be interested: inexpensive gaiwans through Wing Hop Fung, although they are at this moment out-of-stock (oh, for those of you outside of CA, they are a superstore in Los Angeles' Chinatown).

Jun 6th, '06, 00:38

by rabbit » Jun 6th, '06, 00:38

hmm.. the only one they have in stock is 2oz :|
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot

Jun 6th, '06, 01:18

by jogrebe » Jun 6th, '06, 01:18

Ten Tea has 4oz gaiwans in stock for $7.50 each. I just placed an order with them minutes ago which included a Lotus Flower Gaiwan. I'll post a followup with my thoughts about it after I've gotten the chance to try it out.

Jun 14th, '06, 21:30

by jogrebe » Jun 14th, '06, 21:30

I got my gaiwan today from Ten Tea. The saucer was broken when I got it but when I emailed their customer support department, I got a quick apology reply with a promise that they would send out a replacement via 1st class mail tomorrow. If there is any future issues with them I'll post an update. Beyond that I gave brewing with just the cup and lid a try and it seemed to work fine although it does take some time to get used to at first.

UPDATE: I got the replacement saucer today in the mail this time packaged more carefully than the first time when it was just in the original cardboard box with only a thin piece of paper between the cup and the saucer. And they didn't even make me mail back the pieces of the broken saucer. So if you are after a cheap gaiwan or two from a place with excellent customer service Ten Tea is the place to go.

Jun 22nd, '06, 16:33

Re: inexpensive gaiwans

by bearsbearsbears » Jun 22nd, '06, 16:33

dejj wrote:We were recently IM'ing about the topic of inexpensive gaiwans. Thought some of you might be interested: inexpensive gaiwans through Wing Hop Fung, although they are at this moment out-of-stock (oh, for those of you outside of CA, they are a superstore in Los Angeles' Chinatown).
They're in stock in the store, and they have other varieties of gaiwan there. They also have a store in Monterey Park.

Jun 23rd, '06, 12:48

by Marlene » Jun 23rd, '06, 12:48

Nice! I may have to trot my mouse over there and click me up a gaiwan!
Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cozy, dosn't try it on.
-Billy Connolly

+ Post Reply