May 29th, '16, 00:11

Re: Help with Shuiping identification

by ricegeek » May 29th, '16, 00:11

Thanks for posting those pictures. Glad to have someone with real pots chiming in. To me, the handles on your pots taper down, but not to the same degree as bok's pot. It's as if bok's pot is trying too hard.

I know the stamp is one of the easiest to fake, with the widest variations, but i still can't get over how sloppy that stamp is for a 60s master pot. Would love to be proven wrong tho so I can look out for that!

May 29th, '16, 01:20

by Tead Off » May 29th, '16, 01:20

ricegeek wrote:Thanks for posting those pictures. Glad to have someone with real pots chiming in. To me, the handles on your pots taper down, but not to the same degree as bok's pot. It's as if bok's pot is trying too hard.

I know the stamp is one of the easiest to fake, with the widest variations, but i still can't get over how sloppy that stamp is for a 60s master pot. Would love to be proven wrong tho so I can look out for that!
All Shuiping handles taper down. It is part of the design feature of the pots. If the handle tapering were reversed, you'd know it was a fake.

Judging by the tapering, it does look like a later make rather than an earlier. The clay looks good and it will probably brew well.

Jun 1st, '16, 01:53

by Bok » Jun 1st, '16, 01:53

Yes, clay seems to be good and tea is brewed nicely.

Thanks again for everyone’s input!

+ Post Reply