Aug 15th, '16, 05:25
Posts: 11
Joined: Jul 28th, '16, 21:34

Zhuni pear shape 90cc 60s

by Boonyung » Aug 15th, '16, 05:25

Hi all,
I am looking at buying a few zhuni pots from a vendor and was wondering what the price guide is today for the following:
- Zhuni pear shape 90cc, high pitch, 1960s pot, condition : excellent, pour very smooth

What are the market prices these days for this sort of pot?
https://i.imgur.com/KxFJAu6.png

User avatar
Aug 15th, '16, 06:06
Posts: 1670
Joined: Sep 2nd, '13, 03:22
Location: in your tea closet
Contact: kyarazen

Re: Zhuni pear shape 90cc 60s

by kyarazen » Aug 15th, '16, 06:06

Boonyung wrote:Hi all,
I am looking at buying a few zhuni pots from a vendor and was wondering what the price guide is today for the following:
- Zhuni pear shape 90cc, high pitch, 1960s pot, condition : excellent, pour very smooth

What are the market prices these days for this sort of pot?
https://i.imgur.com/KxFJAu6.png

hello!..

as you would know.. the 60s, china is under communist rule and everything is nationalized with no private workshops.. together with the cultural revolution between '66 to 76..... so for a pot to be really from the 60s.. and to be of "zhuni" you may have do check the background of that pot a bit more.....

Aug 15th, '16, 06:48
Posts: 11
Joined: Jul 28th, '16, 21:34

Re: Zhuni pear shape 90cc 60s

by Boonyung » Aug 15th, '16, 06:48

kyarazen wrote:
Boonyung wrote:Hi all,
I am looking at buying a few zhuni pots from a vendor and was wondering what the price guide is today for the following:
- Zhuni pear shape 90cc, high pitch, 1960s pot, condition : excellent, pour very smooth

What are the market prices these days for this sort of pot?
https://i.imgur.com/KxFJAu6.png

hello!..

as you would know.. the 60s, china is under communist rule and everything is nationalized with no private workshops.. together with the cultural revolution between '66 to 76..... so for a pot to be really from the 60s.. and to be of "zhuni" you may have do check the background of that pot a bit more.....
Many thanks for the feedback.. If it's from the 60s what sort of price would I expect? Thanks again

Aug 15th, '16, 07:18
Posts: 11
Joined: Jul 28th, '16, 21:34

Re: Zhuni pear shape 90cc 60s

by Boonyung » Aug 15th, '16, 07:18

More pics
https://imgur.com/a/0zZSF

Any feedback welcomed

Aug 15th, '16, 12:24
Posts: 671
Joined: Feb 12th, '10, 13:09
Location: Cambridge, USA

Re: Zhuni pear shape 90cc 60s

by steanze » Aug 15th, '16, 12:24

Boonyung wrote:More pics
https://imgur.com/a/0zZSF

Any feedback welcomed
Hi Boonyung. Buying yixing is a delicate business (there are many replicas) and it is important as a starting point to understand what is plausible and what is not before investing much money in it.

The pot in the pictures is a 1990s or later imitation of a Qing pot. Saying a bit more bluntly what kyarazen was gently hinting to:
1) In the 1960s, ALL pots are produced by the Factory 1, and Factory 1 never used zhuni. So zhuni pots made in the 1960s do not exist.
2) The clay (color, texture) and workmanship (firing, shape) all look post 1990s. 1960s clays are much finer.
3) That shape was not made in the 1960s.

I hope this helps :)

Aug 15th, '16, 12:30
Posts: 11
Joined: Jul 28th, '16, 21:34

Re: Zhuni pear shape 90cc 60s

by Boonyung » Aug 15th, '16, 12:30

steanze wrote:
Boonyung wrote:More pics
https://imgur.com/a/0zZSF

Any feedback welcomed
Hi Boonyung. Buying yixing is a delicate business (there are many replicas) and it is important as a starting point to understand what is plausible and what is not before investing much money in it.

The pot in the pictures is a 1990s or later imitation of a Qing pot. Saying a bit more bluntly what kyarazen was gently hinting to:
1) In the 1960s, ALL pots are produced by the Factory 1, and Factory 1 never used zhuni. So zhuni pots made in the 1960s do not exist.
2) The clay (color, texture) and workmanship (firing, shape) all look post 1990s. 1960s clays are much finer.
3) That shape was not made in the 1960s.

I hope this helps :)
Thanks for your help...
Are there any online vendors which are reputable?

Aug 15th, '16, 13:42
Posts: 55
Joined: Mar 8th, '16, 00:30

Re: Zhuni pear shape 90cc 60s

by ricegeek » Aug 15th, '16, 13:42

I like yixing pots from Essence of Tea and ChawangShop. They both sell authentic yixing pots, in different price ranges, so at least you don't have to worry about toxic chemicals in your pot. For the price, I think Chawangshop has very good beginner pots, although EoT also has a few cheaper beginner pots as well.

Aug 15th, '16, 17:36
Posts: 671
Joined: Feb 12th, '10, 13:09
Location: Cambridge, USA

Re: Zhuni pear shape 90cc 60s

by steanze » Aug 15th, '16, 17:36

Boonyung wrote: Thanks for your help...
Are there any online vendors which are reputable?
As I mentioned in another thread I suggest that you pick your tea first :) EoT is a good option to start, but which pot to get from them depends on what tea you want to make

Aug 16th, '16, 04:44
Posts: 11
Joined: Jul 28th, '16, 21:34

Re: Zhuni pear shape 90cc 60s

by Boonyung » Aug 16th, '16, 04:44

steanze wrote:
Boonyung wrote: Thanks for your help...
Are there any online vendors which are reputable?
As I mentioned in another thread I suggest that you pick your tea first :) EoT is a good option to start, but which pot to get from them depends on what tea you want to make
I have bought from EoT. Can anyone advise if they have bought from Hou de Asian art?

User avatar
Aug 16th, '16, 05:34
Posts: 2817
Joined: Oct 16th, '08, 21:01
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Arlington, VA
Contact: Drax

Re: Zhuni pear shape 90cc 60s

by Drax » Aug 16th, '16, 05:34

Boonyung wrote:
steanze wrote:
Boonyung wrote: Thanks for your help...
Are there any online vendors which are reputable?
As I mentioned in another thread I suggest that you pick your tea first :) EoT is a good option to start, but which pot to get from them depends on what tea you want to make
I have bought from EoT. Can anyone advise if they have bought from Hou de Asian art?
Yes, I've bought from Hou De many times in the past (last purchase was some oolongs a few months back). He has not been posting many products in the last couple of years, but in general, he is also a reliable source.

Aug 16th, '16, 12:48
Posts: 671
Joined: Feb 12th, '10, 13:09
Location: Cambridge, USA

Re: Zhuni pear shape 90cc 60s

by steanze » Aug 16th, '16, 12:48

Boonyung wrote: I have bought from EoT. Can anyone advise if they have bought from Hou de Asian art?
Hou de used to have (and sometimes still has) very nice tea. For the teapots, it depends...

+ Post Reply