Dec 28th, '16, 14:48

Zhuni teapot identification

by mael » Dec 28th, '16, 14:48

Hello,

My name is Mael I live in france and I have been able to purchase a teapot from taiwan on ebay.

I wanted a zhuni teapot, the teapot was used, with tea stains and all. I cleaned it with bleach and the teapot is now as new.

Under the pot is Chen Ming Yuan mark, but I don't understand the four characters next to it, could you help me and translate it ?

I also would like to know if the teapot is recent or antique ? What are the yellow particles on the clay ?

The clay seems darker on the bottom where the teapot touch ground and where the lid touch the inside of the teapot, is it normal ?

I posted pictures of the teapot on flikr :

https://www.flickr.com/photos/143492042@N04/

I have a hard time uploading picture on teachat.

Thank you

Mael

Dec 29th, '16, 03:46
Vendor Member

Re: Zhuni teapot identification

by jayinhk » Dec 29th, '16, 03:46

mael wrote:Hello,

My name is Mael I live in france and I have been able to purchase a teapot from taiwan on ebay.

I wanted a zhuni teapot, the teapot was used, with tea stains and all. I cleaned it with bleach and the teapot is now as new.

Under the pot is Chen Ming Yuan mark, but I don't understand the four characters next to it, could you help me and translate it ?

I also would like to know if the teapot is recent or antique ? What are the yellow particles on the clay ?

The clay seems darker on the bottom where the teapot touch ground and where the lid touch the inside of the teapot, is it normal ?

I posted pictures of the teapot on flikr :

https://www.flickr.com/photos/143492042@N04/

I have a hard time uploading picture on teachat.

Thank you

Mael
How much did you pay for the pot? Modern reproduction (not real zhuni) IMO.

Jan 25th, '17, 23:50

Re: Zhuni teapot identification

by steanze » Jan 25th, '17, 23:50

+1 modern replica. The clay looks reasonable

+ Post Reply