Apr 8th 17 4:52 pm

Cup repair suggestions?

by stevorama » Apr 8th 17 4:52 pm

Any recommendations for cup rim chip repair? Maybe best to just enjoy it as is? Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Apr 10th 17 7:22 pm

Re: Cup repair suggestions?

by ricegeek » Apr 10th 17 7:22 pm

kintsugi is one way to go, and the proprietor of The Jade Leaf has done that on occasions, but it seems like it would pretty expensive. I personally would probably just enjoy the cup in its current state. Nice cup, btw!

Apr 10th 17 9:56 pm

by stevorama » Apr 10th 17 9:56 pm

ricegeek wrote: kintsugi is one way to go, and the proprietor of The Jade Leaf has done that on occasions, but it seems like it would pretty expensive. I personally would probably just enjoy the cup in its current state. Nice cup, btw!
Good idea. I thought of that, but probably higher cost than the cup. These cups(2) have seen some use before me, the gold on them is almost completely worn off! I think I'll just enjoy their history and imperfect nature. :D

Dec 30th 17 7:11 pm

by LAC » Dec 30th 17 7:11 pm

stevorama wrote:
ricegeek wrote: kintsugi is one way to go, and the proprietor of The Jade Leaf has done that on occasions, but it seems like it would pretty expensive. I personally would probably just enjoy the cup in its current state. Nice cup, btw!
Good idea. I thought of that, but probably higher cost than the cup. These cups(2) have seen some use before me, the gold on them is almost completely worn off! I think I'll just enjoy their history and imperfect nature. :D
I do not know if it's late, but I hope it serves you
or for other partners with this unfortunate
event.
Upload some image if you have solved it, never
He knows and I can be one more.

Luck!
https://designmuseumshop.com/products/n ... repair-kit

Jan 2nd 18 1:37 pm

by JRS22 » Jan 2nd 18 1:37 pm

I did a quick search on the kit you posted and it’s also available on Etsy. That might be an easier purchase for Americans. Thanks for finding the listing.

I chipped the edge of my most beautiful server. I’m considering purchasing the kit to seal and stabilize the chipped rim.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/239215748/ ... gKjOvD_BwE