Nov 2nd, '10, 21:43
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: Pursuit for the "perfect" kettle (european market)

by Herb_Master » Nov 2nd, '10, 21:43

I am not sure what you call ugly I bought my 2nd [hand held in a store]because of it's looks :D

It won't do for you because it has no temperature settings, and goes up to the boil.

My 1st Kamjove has a range of slideable settings and I use it with a different Oolong setting depending on which Oolong I am drinking, I bought it from DTH 3 years ago and they do not offer 1 like it now :(

However as I am moving away from look and measure to look and feel I wanted one which gave me the test of using intuition. My first 2 choices, glass to look at the size of the bubbles (no longer on sale in KL), or Lin's ceramic ( I am worried about the smell of alcohol in the UK it has foul colour and smell added to discourage people from drinking it)

Then I saw this Kamjove kettle and fell for it.
DTH sell it also, but the site won't let me get a handle on the pic, so I have to post a ref
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1989-Titanium-Ele ... 3358e1614f

In real life it is more attractive [IMO] than the DTH photos
and it is fast

Nov 2nd, '10, 21:47
Scrolling: scrolling

by Herb_Master » Nov 2nd, '10, 21:47

Herb_Master wrote: ( I am worried about the smell of alcohol in the UK it has foul colour and smell added to discourage people from drinking it)
I went hiking in Spain (picos de europa and other parts of Asturias) earlier this year and had to buy some alcohol for my tea/camping stove - in spain it is odourless and uncoloured - but in these terrorist ridden days one cannot bring it back on the plane :D

Nov 3rd, '10, 04:12

by David R. » Nov 3rd, '10, 04:12

In France, one can find bioethanol (for chimneys) which is quite odourless.

+ Post Reply