Oct 11th, '06, 21:02

Different tea glass

by zipp » Oct 11th, '06, 21:02

My wife and I met some friends at a local coffee shop last weekend, we ordered tea (of course) and it was served in a 16 oz water glass with one of those cozzie insulator ring thingys.
I have never seen tea served like this, I thought it was a really cool service. Has anyone else seen this? Is this some European way to drink tea? Or (as one friend said) they must be out of mugs....

Oct 11th, '06, 21:22

by jogrebe » Oct 11th, '06, 21:22

Reminds me of the Russian Tea Glass holders, which are pretty much a glass to hold the tea and a metal holder to keep your fingers comfortable when sipping your hot tea.
John Grebe

"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~C. S. Lewis

Oct 30th, '06, 17:23

by Madam Potts » Oct 30th, '06, 17:23

As people are expanding their idea what tea is/can be...I am finding more experimentation with different glasses and mugs. I think this is a great leap forward for tea trends. That and I have an unusual penchant for glassware!

I'm all for different tea cups/mugs/potts!

Madam Potts
All Madness. No Method.
www.madpotsoftea.com
Madam Potts

Custom Tea Blends and other Mad Ideas...
www.madpotsoftea.com

Oct 30th, '06, 21:29
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Oct 30th, '06, 21:29

Glass is great for displaying brewing tea also...it works super for needle type green tea as the leaves floating vertically will also put on a show as they dance and float up and down in the glass. It is usually decanted, but I like to decant into another glass and put several of the leaves in my drinking glass so the show goes on as I drink.

This is a Chinese practice, though I am not sure what the name for this brewing method is.

Oct 30th, '06, 22:21

by jogrebe » Oct 30th, '06, 22:21

chip wrote:Glass is great for displaying brewing tea also...it works super for needle type green tea as the leaves floating vertically will also put on a show as they dance and float up and down in the glass. It is usually decanted, but I like to decant into another glass and put several of the leaves in my drinking glass so the show goes on as I drink.

This is a Chinese practice, though I am not sure what the name for this brewing method is.
Glass Brewing
John Grebe

"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~C. S. Lewis

Oct 30th, '06, 23:18
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Oct 30th, '06, 23:18

jogrebe wrote:
chip wrote:

Glass Brewing
John, I actually meant the Chinese term...I read it on a vendor's site...I will have to try and remember where.

+ Post Reply