Dec 8th, '07, 23:11

What is the story with Jenaer Glas?

by Kristin » Dec 8th, '07, 23:11

I've read a number of older articles that state they no longer make consumer teapots. However, I also see some for sale online. And this appears to be a company page. Are they making the pots again or not? Is the quality the same?

http://www.jenaer-glas.com/html/gourmet_tea_e.htm

I am looking for one for my sister for Christmas. She likes a variety of teas, mostly english favorites...so I decided a Jenaer would be best because it resists picking up the oils of the different teas. If this is no longer available, what would you recommend as a next best option?

I'm not opposed to buying a used one, but as these seem to be now collectors items, I'm a little concerned about buying a fake.

Thanks,
Kristin

Dec 8th, '07, 23:27
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Dec 8th, '07, 23:27

Welcome to the forum Kristen!

Very interesting. Yes, they supposedly had stopped production of teaware...or just teapots. I am fuzzy on the details.

This is news to me. I am going to presume they figured a cheaper way to make them, like made in China. When they stopped production, I actually expected to see someone buy the name and rights to manufacture in some Asian country. (I think I even posted this at the time)

I do not see my really cool teapot. But that actually pleases me somehow.

Dec 9th, '07, 01:49

by Mary R » Dec 9th, '07, 01:49

The line has relaunched, probably under a new parent company. I'm not sure how the old pieces compare with the new.

+ Post Reply