Jul 16th, '18, 21:17

Chen Zhengchu Teapot

by jazzjazzy » Jul 16th, '18, 21:17

Hi all,

I am trying to get an evaluation on some teapots I have , they where part of my father in laws collection that was given to us after his passing, and I would like the get a better understanding of what we have and what the interest would be in them. and how to value them, though I not even sure where to start, took me a year to work out Yixing isn't teapots, its a place :D.

I am trying to find someone in Melbourne, Australia that could help me, but I am having no luck finding anyone that has any understanding of Yixing let alone how to value them. I understand that the prices can vary wildly, something that looks plain can can be expensive and something looks elaborate can be quite cheap, so I am not sure. and it can get very confusing about what determines the price.

This can be seen with these 2 Chen Zhengchu teapot that I have. The first called the 'Golden bell' and the second call 'Zhegu ti Liang'
teapot1.jpg
teaopt.3.jpg
export4.jpg
I found retail price to both of these teapot at around $1800AUD for the 'Golden bell' and $1200AUD for the 'Zhegu ti Liang' which surprised me as I would have thought it would be the other way around. both have certificated.

if anyone one could give me any information on Chen Zhengchu and how popular he is please let me know, I have many more by different artists. such as Fan Xijun, Feng Yunhua, Wu Jufang and others, please let me know your opinion.

Sep 19th, '18, 02:55

Re: Chen Zhengchu Teapot

by FBee » Sep 19th, '18, 02:55

Probably need a lot more pictures before anyone can help... inside, lid, underside, spout etc.
Fancy modern pots are maybe even more difficult to authenticate than old ones. Too much variables.

Jun 4th, '19, 03:50

by franklucido » Jun 4th, '19, 03:50

Posted by jazzjazzy
dissertation writing

I found retail price to both of these teapot at around $1800AUD for the 'Golden bell' and $1200AUD for the 'Zhegu ti Liang' which surprised me as I would have thought it would be the other way around. both have certificated.

if anyone one could give me any information on Chen Zhengchu and how popular he is please let me know, I have many more by different artists. such as Fan Xijun, Feng Yunhua, Wu Jufang and others, please let me know your opinion.
Hello,

Can't tell you anything about the price, because it can vary drastically in most cases. I had a small Yixing Clay teapot and wanted to sell it (eventually, decided to keep it). So I contacted Invaluable art community in the first place. They can give you more information about the artists and the price as well. They organize auctions, or if you're interested, you can just place your ad there.

Jul 12th, '19, 09:39

by TEAMOOD » Jul 12th, '19, 09:39

Hi Jazz,
If you can post more pictures of bottom seals and closer look at the details, I may give some advice.

Some of the names are familiar to me, neighbourhood.

Certification are only for reference. both official and non-official national database have thousands of them.

need to evaluate a teapot with intergrated aspects considered.

+ Post Reply