Apr 13th, '10, 14:16

Re: NEW/Official/Different Yixing Show Off Topic!

by chrl42 » Apr 13th, '10, 14:16

TokyoB wrote:- Clay type: zhu ni, High fired?
- Size of pot: 120 ml
- What year/decade: 80s?
- medium thick walls
- long'ish pour
- single hole
- Where you acquired the pot: SE Asia - local shop
- What type of tea you make with it: Taiwan gaoshan cha
- recent acquisition so need to experiment with it more to determine unique qualities
- the pot is not as red as the photos - the JPEG photos (posted) are more saturated than the RAW photos which seem to be more accurate in terms of color.

Note that this teapot has some imperfections in the workmanship which I tried to highlight in some of the photos. Not sure what this implies about date/place of manufacture. Any thoughts on date/clay type are appreciated. This pot seems like a natural for gaoshan cha - any thoughts of what else it could be considered for? Thanks!!

my guess is 90's~00 Zhuni, these are when the most of our Zhuni came from, by demand in Taiwan, these Zhuni pots are in old fashion, shapes are great, tool-shaping, clays are so-so.

you are pot looks like filtered Zhuni than raw Zhuni, any extra dots you can find? and I could be dead-wrong as well.. :)

Apr 13th, '10, 20:06

Re: Official/Different Yixing Show Off Topic!

by tsusentei » Apr 13th, '10, 20:06

Here is the first oolong pot I acquired. After much experimenting, it is definitely Ali shan only. I wanted it to be for the lishans, but it takes something out of them and leaves something I don't want.
It is entirely hand-made and does the color change thing with the hot water. I love this pot, so I don't use it often :)

Apr 13th, '10, 20:26

by tenuki » Apr 13th, '10, 20:26

Nice! I like pots with that texture, it makes me want to eat them.

Apr 13th, '10, 20:32

by TokyoB » Apr 13th, '10, 20:32

chrl42 wrote: you are pot looks like filtered Zhuni than raw Zhuni, any extra dots you can find? and I could be dead-wrong as well.. :)
chrl42 - what do you mean by "extra dots"? color imperfections? What is filtered zhuni?
Thanks!

Apr 13th, '10, 20:34

by TokyoB » Apr 13th, '10, 20:34

tsusentei wrote:Here is the first oolong pot I acquired. After much experimenting, it is definitely Ali shan only. I wanted it to be for the lishans, but it takes something out of them and leaves something I don't want.
It is entirely hand-made and does the color change thing with the hot water. I love this pot, so I don't use it often :)
tsusentei - where did you get this pot from? What clay do you think it is made from?
I have one pot where the clay is somewhat similar and I believe the color does darken a bit when the pot is hot.

Apr 13th, '10, 23:25

by chrl42 » Apr 13th, '10, 23:25

To tsusentei, it's called 'pear-skin Zhuni' presumely from Xiao Mei Yao (color change thing..)

there are natural pear-skin one and balls are intentionally added to look like one, many times xiao mei yaos have some wrinkles left over..

Apr 13th, '10, 23:41

by chrl42 » Apr 13th, '10, 23:41

tsusentei wrote:Here is the first oolong pot I acquired. After much experimenting, it is definitely Ali shan only. I wanted it to be for the lishans, but it takes something out of them and leaves something I don't want.

you got inside-look of pot (body)? lid doesn't look hand-made

Apr 14th, '10, 00:07

by Tead Off » Apr 14th, '10, 00:07

TokyoB wrote:
chrl42 wrote: you are pot looks like filtered Zhuni than raw Zhuni, any extra dots you can find? and I could be dead-wrong as well.. :)
chrl42 - what do you mean by "extra dots"? color imperfections? What is filtered zhuni?
Thanks!
Maybe Charlie means the processed zhuni clay is filtered down to very small particles giving a very smooth look. I can't see any xtra dots.

Apr 14th, '10, 14:08

by tsusentei » Apr 14th, '10, 14:08

Didn't notice that this had some comments! Well here are some interior shots. As best as i could manage, anyhow:
Two of these images are stereoscopic with a flash, to provide a better view of the surface of the inside of the pot. The color with the flash isn't great, but the 2d just wasn't showing any definition.

Apr 14th, '10, 14:11

by tsusentei » Apr 14th, '10, 14:11

TokyoB wrote:
tsusentei - where did you get this pot from? What clay do you think it is made from?
I have one pot where the clay is somewhat similar and I believe the color does darken a bit when the pot is hot.
I got it from a Chinese friend in Vancouver. He imports tea and pots direct from China. Looks like other people had something to say about the color-change factor. Though I haven't seen any "balls" in my pot. How about you?

Apr 14th, '10, 14:13

by tsusentei » Apr 14th, '10, 14:13

tenuki wrote:Nice! I like pots with that texture, it makes me want to eat them.
Agreed, mmm ginger snap pot~

Apr 17th, '10, 10:42

by rabbit » Apr 17th, '10, 10:42

It's nothing fancy, nor is it high quality... but I found this unused yixing at a local second hand store for $7 the other day and couldn't help but buy it, it is now my wuyi pot.

Apr 18th, '10, 16:53

by dangert » Apr 18th, '10, 16:53

AdamMY wrote:Image

*Edit* It is advertised as 140 ml I still need to measure it myself, and it is from Chinese Cha Dao (formerly Kung Fu Tea Arts).
Adam, lovely pot, I was eying it back then when it listed. Lovely shape. I remember that it was advertised as zhuni.

Apr 19th, '10, 19:50

by AdamMY » Apr 19th, '10, 19:50

New 100 ml Fang Gu Zini Yixing.

Plan to use it for Aged puerh.

I got it from Red Lantern Tea on Ebay.

So far behaving admirably.

Please excuse the harsh lighting, the pot is very reflective.

May 4th, '10, 17:37

by David Duckler » May 4th, '10, 17:37

Clay Type: Zhuni, High fired
Size: 4 oz
Year of Make: 2010 commission piece, created by Sun Wanquan
Walls: Thin
Pour Time: about 6 seconds
Acquired: Yixing Village
Tea: Sheng Puer

We just started using this beautiful pot we commissioned right before we left China. This is actually one of five pots we have created by Master Sun; one of the hallmarks of his pots is the incredible way his lids fit to the pots perfectly. When you use this pot, the addition of water actually creates a kind of vacuum seal! Even though Sun is only in his thirty's, he's already had private shows in several of the national museums of China. Perhaps when I've gotten linking privileges, I'll edit this post with a link to his website.
Even though we've only been using it for about a month, it's already taken on a beautiful rose color. We're really looking forward to watching this grow with sheng and take on a lovely patina. As you might notice, the handle is incredible. You rarely ever see this successfully done with such a hard clay, since they often crack off in firing. We also love the engraving on this pot; too often, engravings seem to have no connection to the form of the pot, and are just slapped on as an afterthought. This one, however, only adds to the entire piece.

If you wish, I can also take pictures of the various seals on the piece. I'm sure there will be more to come of Sun's pots (and the rest of our collection) soon.

+ Post Reply