Sep 25th, '17, 12:41

Re: My 5000friend experience

by stevorama » Sep 25th, '17, 12:41

jayinhk wrote: Very often the knockoffs have the extra characters along with the Yixing China stamp. They try to fake higher value pots. Apparently some of the knockoff F1 duanni pots are actually made with good clay as they sell at quite the premium on the mainland market! :o

Yixing 'imitation' has been going on for centuries. Imitating F1 is the natural next step in that progression, especially in a place where intellectual property rights have just caught on.
Interesting, I didn't know about the extra characters.

There's fake pots and then there's replicas right? For example, I have a 90's hong ni shuiping that's a commissioned replica of a 70's pot and sold as that (from a reputable vendor.) But what if it was sold as from the 70's?

Sep 25th, '17, 22:49
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Sep 25th, '17, 22:49

stevorama wrote:
jayinhk wrote: Very often the knockoffs have the extra characters along with the Yixing China stamp. They try to fake higher value pots. Apparently some of the knockoff F1 duanni pots are actually made with good clay as they sell at quite the premium on the mainland market! :o

Yixing 'imitation' has been going on for centuries. Imitating F1 is the natural next step in that progression, especially in a place where intellectual property rights have just caught on.
Interesting, I didn't know about the extra characters.

There's fake pots and then there's replicas right? For example, I have a 90's hong ni shuiping that's a commissioned replica of a 70's pot and sold as that (from a reputable vendor.) But what if it was sold as from the 70's?
Yes, valid point--in the past pots mimicked pots of old, but now people try to pass off replicas as the real thing (and at high prices). They will only get better at faking pots as time goes by!

Sep 26th, '17, 05:28

by theredbaron » Sep 26th, '17, 05:28

stevorama wrote: How can you tell it's new and not older? Thanks.
theredbaron wrote: It's a cheapo new pot, and not 1970's as advertised.

Fake.
As already other said - price indeed is the first sign: why would someone sell a pot that could be sold for at least 10 times more? Even god would be hard pressed being that altruistic ;)

Everything on that seller's shop is fake.

Sep 26th, '17, 16:34

by stevorama » Sep 26th, '17, 16:34

theredbaron wrote: As already other said - price indeed is the first sign: why would someone sell a pot that could be sold for at least 10 times more? Even god would be hard pressed being that altruistic ;)

Thank you. Point taken about the low price. I was mainly curious about look of clay and details. And I have no plans of buying from this vendor!! :wink:

Sep 26th, '17, 18:02

by theredbaron » Sep 26th, '17, 18:02

stevorama wrote:
theredbaron wrote: As already other said - price indeed is the first sign: why would someone sell a pot that could be sold for at least 10 times more? Even god would be hard pressed being that altruistic ;)

Thank you. Point taken about the low price. I was mainly curious about look of clay and details. And I have no plans of buying from this vendor!! :wink:

I am no expert on clay. But it does not look like 70's clay and workmanship to me

Oct 8th, '17, 23:41

by steanze » Oct 8th, '17, 23:41

It is so fake that it is funny. They didn't even try

+ Post Reply