Mar 13th, '17, 09:48

Please give me some advice about zishayixing.com vendor

by quangrecruit » Mar 13th, '17, 09:48

Hello
I have found this teapot on zishayixing.com but I don't know this is real zisha or fake
Please give me some advice about this

http://zishayixing.com/yixing-teapot-du ... tian-100ml

Thank you

Gửi từ LG-F180 của tôi bằng cách sử dụng Tapatalk

Mar 13th, '17, 10:52

Re: Please give me some advice about zishayixing.com vendor

by CheekyChipmunk » Mar 13th, '17, 10:52

quangrecruit wrote: Hello
I have found this teapot on zishayixing.com but I don't know this is real zisha or fake

Thank you

I can't speak for the whole site. But I have bought from this vendor before. I purchased a supposedly zhuni xishi pot 180ml from the site. Long story short, the pot cracked the first time boiling water was poured inside (I had preheated the pot before hand). Luckily for me, the crack was big enough to show up on a photo taken with a phone, and the vendor was bold enough to claim that his 'superior' pure zhuni would not crack do to its ability to expand being the 'proper' zhuni material. I contacted him asking for a refund and never heard back from him. I purchased using Paypal and they also failed to contact him and my money was returned (by Paypal).

Mar 13th, '17, 11:25

Re: RE: Re: Please give me some advice about zishayixing.com vendor

by quangrecruit » Mar 13th, '17, 11:25

CheekyChipmunk wrote:

Thank you

I can't speak for the whole site. But I have bought from this vendor before. I purchased a supposedly zhuni xishi pot 180ml from the site. Long story short, the pot cracked the first time boiling water was poured inside (I had preheated the pot before hand). Luckily for me, the crack was big enough to show up on a photo taken with a phone, and the vendor was bold enough to claim that his 'superior' pure zhuni would not crack do to its ability to expand being the 'proper' zhuni material. I contacted him asking for a refund and never heard back from him. I purchased using Paypal and they also failed to contact him and my money was returned (by Paypal).
Thank you cheekychipmink, I love tea and I want to enjoy tea with differences kind of zisha teapot but It is really hard to find a trusted zisha teapot vendor

Mar 13th, '17, 12:51

Re: RE: Re: Please give me some advice about zishayixing.com vendor

by CheekyChipmunk » Mar 13th, '17, 12:51

quangrecruit wrote:
CheekyChipmunk wrote:

Thank you

Thank you cheekychipmink, I love tea and I want to enjoy tea with differences kind of zisha teapot but It is really hard to find a trusted zisha teapot vendor

You are most welcome. I have also been finding it hard recently to find good pots online (as is evident in the thread I started on muo lvni) but I have gotten some great advice which I will now pass on to you. If you want to try and buy good Yixing online then the two places you should look are the chawangshop and essence of tea.

Extra advice that is my own opinion and not necessarily that of the people who have been advising me (I make that important distinction as I do not wish to misrepresent the opinion of others) is that Yunnan Sourcing also has decent quality Yixing, although they deal with modern pots. I have purchased a few from them and I have found them to have a positive effect on the tea I brew.

Good Luck and be patient!

Mar 13th, '17, 20:19

by quangrecruit » Mar 13th, '17, 20:19

Thank you for your sharing experiences, I saw that chawangshop and essence of tea have the good and trusted teapots

Mar 14th, '17, 01:31

by bagua7 » Mar 14th, '17, 01:31

CheekyChipmunk wrote:I can't speak for the whole site. But I have bought from this vendor before. I purchased a supposedly zhuni xishi pot 180ml from the site. Long story short, the pot cracked the first time boiling water was poured inside (I had preheated the pot before hand). Luckily for me, the crack was big enough to show up on a photo taken with a phone, and the vendor was bold enough to claim that his 'superior' pure zhuni would not crack do to its ability to expand being the 'proper' zhuni material. I contacted him asking for a refund and never heard back from him. I purchased using Paypal and they also failed to contact him and my money was returned (by Paypal).
Félix is is Western alias, a real thief.

Stay away from that vendor!

I opened a thread in the past about him and my experience with his junk pots. Photos were also posted and I actually smashed all that junk into pieces (the cleansing power of the hammer :D). If you do a thread search you probably find it.

Can't believe after 6-7 years he is still a con man, hasn't he learnt a valuable lesson since then?

Zishayixing.com = Fake, fake, fake Yixing teapots. The owner is a THIEF and a LIAR.

I hope the Google web crawlers pick my short warning up to alert any potential customers.

Mar 14th, '17, 04:18

by quangrecruit » Mar 14th, '17, 04:18

Thank you for giving me enough information to avoid that vendor

May 14th, '17, 02:48

by imkvn » May 14th, '17, 02:48

I've bought 2 pots from zishayixing.com back in 2010-2011. Clay is ok and the lid fit was on the looser side. The walls of the pot seemed on the thicker side for my preference. However, it did not leak when pouring. I've had no cracks and seasoned them both before use. To me they preformed ok. I would not order again mainly because of the craftsmanship and price.

I ordered from them because there were not many places to order pots online. I think there were four or five vendors. Yunnan sourcing, origin tea, floating leaves, the Chinese tea shop, and zishayixing. Went with zishayixing because at the time seemed more authentic than all other vendors.

Type of clay does not matter as much as the water you use, the ratio of tea to water, and the length of infusion time. ex: thicker pot decrease time, flavor mute increase tea, too bitter increase water or decrease time.

Pictures of the two pots and good luck with your search. Zhuni brews better 150ml vs Duanni 220ml.[IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201705 ... 7c8275.jpg[/IMG][IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201705 ... c4f110.jpg[/IMG][IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201705 ... 2224a3.jpg[/IMG][IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201705 ... e6a4b0.jpg[/IMG][IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201705 ... 2d8059.jpg[/IMG][IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201705 ... e9b4c2.jpg[/IMG]

May 14th, '17, 03:06

by steanze » May 14th, '17, 03:06

From what I can see Zishayixing has low quality clay and overpriced. Ebay seller lukevcent has similar pot for 1/4 of the price. Essence of tea and chawangshop are much better options.

+ Post Reply