User avatar
Apr 24th, '17, 13:12
Posts: 308
Joined: Mar 25th, '17, 16:15

My collection of old teapots

by williammimi70 » Apr 24th, '17, 13:12

I am told that these teapots are not fakes and not new ones
Please feel free to comment about them
Attachments
IMG_0096.JPG
IMG_0096.JPG (14.96 KiB) Viewed 843 times
IMG_0715.JPG
IMG_0715.JPG (15.43 KiB) Viewed 843 times

User avatar
Apr 24th, '17, 13:13
Posts: 308
Joined: Mar 25th, '17, 16:15

Re: My collection of old teapots

by williammimi70 » Apr 24th, '17, 13:13

williammimi70 wrote: I am told that these teapots are not fakes and not new ones
Please feel free to comment about them
Attachments
IMG_0709.JPG
IMG_0709.JPG (17.01 KiB) Viewed 841 times
IMG_0710.JPG
IMG_0710.JPG (15.85 KiB) Viewed 841 times
IMG_0713.JPG
IMG_0713.JPG (17.97 KiB) Viewed 841 times

User avatar
Apr 24th, '17, 13:15
Posts: 308
Joined: Mar 25th, '17, 16:15

Re: My collection of old teapots

by williammimi70 » Apr 24th, '17, 13:15

williammimi70 wrote:
williammimi70 wrote: I am told that these teapots are not fakes and not new ones
Please feel free to comment about them
Attachments
IMG_0708.JPG
IMG_0708.JPG (16.64 KiB) Viewed 840 times
IMG_0707.JPG
IMG_0707.JPG (17.34 KiB) Viewed 840 times
IMG_0711.JPG
IMG_0711.JPG (13.23 KiB) Viewed 840 times

User avatar
Apr 24th, '17, 13:17
Posts: 308
Joined: Mar 25th, '17, 16:15

Re: My collection of old teapots

by williammimi70 » Apr 24th, '17, 13:17

williammimi70 wrote:
williammimi70 wrote:
williammimi70 wrote: I am told that these teapots are not fakes and not new ones
Please feel free to comment about them
Attachments
IMG_0706.JPG
IMG_0706.JPG (14.14 KiB) Viewed 839 times
IMG_0705.JPG
IMG_0705.JPG (15.75 KiB) Viewed 839 times
IMG_0717.JPG
IMG_0717.JPG (17.51 KiB) Viewed 839 times

Apr 24th, '17, 18:54
Posts: 55
Joined: Mar 8th, '16, 00:30

Re: My collection of old teapots

by ricegeek » Apr 24th, '17, 18:54

wow, nice collection. Hard to say for sure, but just from these pictures, they look pretty legit. I particular like the second set of pots.

Apr 24th, '17, 23:46
Posts: 672
Joined: Feb 12th, '10, 13:09
Location: Cambridge, USA

Re: My collection of old teapots

by steanze » Apr 24th, '17, 23:46

I am quite skeptical about the first and last. For the others, I'd need to see a few more pictures...

User avatar
Apr 25th, '17, 02:14
Posts: 308
Joined: Mar 25th, '17, 16:15

Re: My collection of old teapots

by williammimi70 » Apr 25th, '17, 02:14

ricegeek wrote: wow, nice collection. Hard to say for sure, but just from these pictures, they look pretty legit. I particular like the second set of pots.
Thank you

User avatar
Apr 25th, '17, 02:36
Posts: 308
Joined: Mar 25th, '17, 16:15

Re: My collection of old teapots

by williammimi70 » Apr 25th, '17, 02:36

steanze wrote: I am quite skeptical about the first and last. For the others, I'd need to see a few more pictures...
thank you very much
The first teapot has a little bit of o provenance , it was exhibited in 1986 at Hoghton Tower The UK . So it must be made at least before this
The last teapot was bought from an antique shop in Kensington high street London . When I have time I will try to take better photos of these
Your opinions are as always appreciated 👍

User avatar
Apr 27th, '17, 02:34
Posts: 813
Joined: Nov 13th, '12, 13:49
Location: santa monica, california, usa
Contact: victoria3

Re: My collection of old teapots

by victoria3 » Apr 27th, '17, 02:34

williammimi70 wrote:
steanze wrote: I am quite skeptical about the first and last. For the others, I'd need to see a few more pictures...
thank you very much
The first teapot has a little bit of o provenance , it was exhibited in 1986 at Hoghton Tower The UK . So it must be made at least before this
The last teapot was bought from an antique shop in Kensington high street London . When I have time I will try to take better photos of these
Your opinions are as always appreciated 👍
Just saw this post by one of our award winning ceramicists on teachat, John Baymore, thought you might be interested;
viewtopic.php?f=36&t=18676

User avatar
Apr 27th, '17, 02:48
Posts: 308
Joined: Mar 25th, '17, 16:15

Re: My collection of old teapots

by williammimi70 » Apr 27th, '17, 02:48

victoria3 wrote:
williammimi70 wrote:
steanze wrote: I am quite skeptical about the first and last. For the others, I'd need to see a few more pictures...
thank you very much
The first teapot has a little bit of o provenance , it was exhibited in 1986 at Hoghton Tower The UK . So it must be made at least before this
The last teapot was bought from an antique shop in Kensington high street London . When I have time I will try to take better photos of these
Your opinions are as always appreciated 👍
Just saw this post by one of our award winning ceramicists on teachat, John Baymore, thought you might be interested;
viewtopic.php?f=36&t=18676
thank you very much , I love collecting yixing teapots but my knowledge is quite poor and have to rely on the honesty of the sellers when I buy my teapots
I have quite a few "tuition fees " teapots in my collection :D

User avatar
Apr 27th, '17, 05:39
Posts: 1900
Joined: Mar 22nd, '08, 22:26
Location: Yixing

Re: My collection of old teapots

by chrl42 » Apr 27th, '17, 05:39

First teapot is lovely, could be late-Qing/ROC (if lucky)..a rare one.

Last one is quite special, only reduction firing could get that color I think...

User avatar
Apr 27th, '17, 05:44
Posts: 308
Joined: Mar 25th, '17, 16:15

Re: My collection of old teapots

by williammimi70 » Apr 27th, '17, 05:44

chrl42 wrote: First teapot is lovely, could be late-Qing/ROC (if lucky)..a rare one.

Last one is quite special, only reduction firing could get that color I think...
Thank you

I am away from home at the moment, this weekend I will take better pictures and post them up. Would be grateful for your and other experienced members opinions

User avatar
Apr 28th, '17, 02:20
Posts: 308
Joined: Mar 25th, '17, 16:15

Re: My collection of old teapots

by williammimi70 » Apr 28th, '17, 02:20

I like this one very much
Attachments
IMG_0382.JPG
IMG_0382.JPG (14.68 KiB) Viewed 630 times
IMG_0383.JPG
IMG_0383.JPG (13.37 KiB) Viewed 630 times
IMG_0385.JPG
IMG_0385.JPG (11.63 KiB) Viewed 630 times

Apr 28th, '17, 02:25
Posts: 743
Joined: Aug 4th, '14, 05:43

Re: My collection of old teapots

by Bok » Apr 28th, '17, 02:25

williammimi70 wrote: I love collecting yixing teapots but my knowledge is quite poor and have to rely on the honesty of the sellers when I buy my teapots
I have quite a few "tuition fees " teapots in my collection :D
For poor knowledge your collections seems quite good… You are either very humble or very lucky managing so many items which are genuine from the looks of it. Most other people with limited knowledge accumulate crap only before they – maybe – find one or two gems :mrgreen:

User avatar
Apr 28th, '17, 02:33
Posts: 308
Joined: Mar 25th, '17, 16:15

Re: My collection of old teapots

by williammimi70 » Apr 28th, '17, 02:33

Bok wrote:
williammimi70 wrote: I love collecting yixing teapots but my knowledge is quite poor and have to rely on the honesty of the sellers when I buy my teapots
I have quite a few "tuition fees " teapots in my collection :D
For poor knowledge your collections seems quite good… You are either very humble or very lucky managing so many items which are genuine from the looks of it. Most other people with limited knowledge accumulate crap only before they – maybe – find one or two gems :mrgreen:
Thank you Bok
My main knowledge is with antique porcelain but as far as yixing is concerned I still can't tell one type of clay to another : zhuni , da hong pao etc and then of course most importantly fake yixing clay and mixed yixing clay

+ Post Reply