Apr 27th 17 10:07 am

The matter of "tuition fee" teapots

by williammimi70 » Apr 27th 17 10:07 am

Knowing nothing about yixing( as I only started collecting recently)
Being rather enthusiastic I have amassed quite a few of these tuition fee pots
I am posting these up so that newbies like myself can avoid making the same mistakes
First pot
Small egg size
Single hole
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Apr 27th 17 10:13 am

Re: The matter of "tuition fee" teapots

by williammimi70 » Apr 27th 17 10:13 am

Second pot:
Small
Single hole
Mark : China Yixing
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Apr 27th 17 10:47 am

by kuánglóng » Apr 27th 17 10:47 am

Even though those cheaper pots don't seem to have much of a collectors value they actually might perform pretty decently as a brewing vessel - you'll never know until you try. Some of my cheaper pots give other pots that have cost me more than 15 times as much a serious run for their money in that regard and that's pretty much all I care for and what I bought them for in the first place - YMMV.

Apr 27th 17 12:27 pm

by williammimi70 » Apr 27th 17 12:27 pm

kuánglóng wrote: Even though those cheaper pots don't seem to have much of a collectors value they actually might perform pretty decently as a brewing vessel - you'll never know until you try. Some of my cheaper pots give other pots that have cost me more than 15 times as much a serious run for their money in that regard and that's pretty much all I care for and what I bought them for in the first place - YMMV.
Thank you for your kind encouragement. On my collector'spoint of view , I want to collect Yinxing teapots that were made from real yixing clay , on that perspective collecting Republic period teapots would seem to be a sensible thing to do . However I like to collect some Chinese taste teapots as well

Apr 27th 17 3:38 pm

by victoria3 » Apr 27th 17 3:38 pm

williammimi70 wrote:
kuánglóng wrote: Even though those cheaper pots don't seem to have much of a collectors value they actually might perform pretty decently as a brewing vessel - you'll never know until you try. Some of my cheaper pots give other pots that have cost me more than 15 times as much a serious run for their money in that regard and that's pretty much all I care for and what I bought them for in the first place - YMMV.
Thank you for your kind encouragement. On my collector'spoint of view , I want to collect Yinxing teapots that were made from real yixing clay , on that perspective collecting Republic period teapots would seem to be a sensible thing to do . However I like to collect some Chinese taste teapots as well
If you are ever in Brooklyn NY you might enjoy talking with the owner of the Orchid Tea House who has a large collection also; http://www.teatimemagazine.com/collecting-yixing-ware/

Apr 27th 17 5:48 pm

by williammimi70 » Apr 27th 17 5:48 pm

victoria3 wrote:
williammimi70 wrote:
If you are ever in Brooklyn NY you might enjoy talking with the owner of the Orchid Tea House who has a large collection also; http://www.teatimemagazine.com/collecting-yixing-ware/
Thank you
Just been nosing around there
Very impressive
Once again thank you

May 2nd 17 5:58 pm

by williammimi70 » May 2nd 17 5:58 pm

Another tuition fee :oops: :oops: :oops:

May 2nd 17 6:01 pm
Scrolling: scrolling

by William » May 2nd 17 6:01 pm

williammimi70 wrote: Another tuition fee :oops: :oops: :oops:
Just a modern-made Hongni clay teapot. Nothing to be embarrassed of! :D

May 2nd 17 6:03 pm

by williammimi70 » May 2nd 17 6:03 pm

Additional photos

May 3rd 17 5:46 am

by williammimi70 » May 3rd 17 5:46 am

William wrote:
williammimi70 wrote: Another tuition fee :oops: :oops: :oops:
Just a modern-made Hongni clay teapot. Nothing to be embarrassed of! :D
Thank you William
I never would have known that it is hongni clay I am glad that you told me this :D

May 4th 17 7:51 am

by williammimi70 » May 4th 17 7:51 am

Another one :oops: :oops: :oops:
But I like it :D :D :D

May 5th 17 9:10 am

by williammimi70 » May 5th 17 9:10 am

Another one :oops: :oops: :oops:

May 7th 17 8:00 am

by williammimi70 » May 7th 17 8:00 am

Another one with unknown clay :oops: :oops: :oops:

May 7th 17 11:42 am

by Senlin » May 7th 17 11:42 am

I really enjoy these teapots, especially the three last ones.

May 7th 17 12:18 pm

by williammimi70 » May 7th 17 12:18 pm

Senlin wrote: I really enjoy these teapots, especially the three last ones.
Thank you :oops: