User avatar
May 9th, '17, 01:54
Posts: 308
Joined: Mar 25th, '17, 16:15

What tea should go with this?

by williammimi70 » May 9th, '17, 01:54

I usually drink Oolong tea in a modern Taiwanese teapot
I saw this teapot and liked this one so much that I have bought it :oops: :oops: :oops:
What tea would be nice with it please
Attachments
ama (20 of 44) (Medium).jpg
ama (20 of 44) (Medium).jpg (18.15 KiB) Viewed 429 times
ama (25 of 44) (Medium).jpg
ama (25 of 44) (Medium).jpg (22.33 KiB) Viewed 429 times
ama (26 of 44) (Medium).jpg
ama (26 of 44) (Medium).jpg (16.51 KiB) Viewed 429 times

User avatar
May 9th, '17, 01:57
Posts: 308
Joined: Mar 25th, '17, 16:15

Re: What tea should go with this?

by williammimi70 » May 9th, '17, 01:57

More photos
Attachments
ama (19 of 44) (Medium).jpg
ama (19 of 44) (Medium).jpg (30.97 KiB) Viewed 427 times
ama (24 of 44) (Medium).jpg
ama (24 of 44) (Medium).jpg (21.57 KiB) Viewed 427 times
ama (21 of 44) (Medium).jpg
ama (21 of 44) (Medium).jpg (17.3 KiB) Viewed 427 times

User avatar
May 9th, '17, 05:01
Posts: 1900
Joined: Mar 22nd, '08, 22:26
Location: Yixing

Re: What tea should go with this?

by chrl42 » May 9th, '17, 05:01

It's a typical QSN shipiao. Anything except Oolong would be fine I think...

User avatar
May 9th, '17, 05:25
Posts: 539
Joined: Aug 19th, '15, 07:03
Location: on the road

Re: What tea should go with this?

by kuánglóng » May 9th, '17, 05:25

williammimi70 wrote:
What tea would be nice with it please
Entirely up to you :D
Whenever I get a new clay pot I first prep it and then try it out with all sorts of tea in order to find the best possible match - nobody else could do that for me.

User avatar
May 9th, '17, 05:58
Posts: 308
Joined: Mar 25th, '17, 16:15

Re: What tea should go with this?

by williammimi70 » May 9th, '17, 05:58

chrl42 wrote: It's a typical QSN shipiao. Anything except Oolong would be fine I think...
Thank you very much
I like Oolong green tea but I will try others to see what happen

User avatar
May 9th, '17, 05:59
Posts: 308
Joined: Mar 25th, '17, 16:15

Re: What tea should go with this?

by williammimi70 » May 9th, '17, 05:59

kuánglóng wrote:
williammimi70 wrote:
What tea would be nice with it please
Entirely up to you :D
Whenever I get a new clay pot I first prep it and then try it out with all sorts of tea in order to find the best possible match - nobody else could do that for me.
Thank you for your advice

User avatar
May 9th, '17, 06:33
Posts: 47
Joined: Apr 10th, '17, 10:55
Location: Ottawa (Canada)

Re: What tea should go with this?

by Senlin » May 9th, '17, 06:33

chrl42 wrote: It's a typical QSN shipiao. Anything except Oolong would be fine I think...
Thanks for your answer :)

As I am a beginner in teapots, may I ask you what is QSN ? I know shipiao is the name of the shape, but I'm not sure I've seen these initials before...

You wouldn't consider Oolongs in this teapot, is it because of the shape, or the clay ?

Sorry for having such basic questions... :oops:

Senlin

User avatar
May 9th, '17, 07:03
Posts: 308
Joined: Mar 25th, '17, 16:15

Re: What tea should go with this?

by williammimi70 » May 9th, '17, 07:03

Senlin wrote:
chrl42 wrote: It's a typical QSN shipiao. Anything except Oolong would be fine I think...
Thanks for your answer :)

As I am a beginner in teapots, may I ask you what is QSN ? I know shipiao is the name of the shape, but I'm not sure I've seen these initials before...

You wouldn't consider Oolongs in this teapot, is it because of the shape, or the clay ?

Sorry for having such basic questions... :oops:

Senlin
I guess QSN is short for Qing shui ni ???

User avatar
May 9th, '17, 07:10
Posts: 47
Joined: Apr 10th, '17, 10:55
Location: Ottawa (Canada)

Re: What tea should go with this?

by Senlin » May 9th, '17, 07:10

williammimi70 wrote: I guess QSN is short for Qing shui ni ???
Oh !!! It makes sense, of course...

I don't know why, I was searching for a specific factory, or a time period. Sorry again :(

Senlin

User avatar
May 9th, '17, 07:14
Vendor Member
Posts: 3110
Joined: Aug 28th, '12, 08:12
Location: Hong Kong
Contact: jayinhk

Re: What tea should go with this?

by jayinhk » May 9th, '17, 07:14

QSN can sometimes absolutely sing with green tea. You might also have success grandpa'ing oolongs. I like pu erh in QSN too. Pu erh is probably the best option, but try all three!

User avatar
May 9th, '17, 07:21
Posts: 308
Joined: Mar 25th, '17, 16:15

Re: What tea should go with this?

by williammimi70 » May 9th, '17, 07:21

jayinhk wrote: QSN can sometimes absolutely sing with green tea. You might also have success grandpa'ing oolongs. I like pu erh in QSN too. Pu erh is probably the best option, but try all three!
Thank you
I will try these
Going to Kensington high street this weekend hopefully will find an antique pot , will stop by China town will buy some tea then

User avatar
May 9th, '17, 10:40
Vendor Member
Posts: 3110
Joined: Aug 28th, '12, 08:12
Location: Hong Kong
Contact: jayinhk

Re: What tea should go with this?

by jayinhk » May 9th, '17, 10:40

williammimi70 wrote:
jayinhk wrote: QSN can sometimes absolutely sing with green tea. You might also have success grandpa'ing oolongs. I like pu erh in QSN too. Pu erh is probably the best option, but try all three!
Thank you
I will try these
Going to Kensington high street this weekend hopefully will find an antique pot , will stop by China town will buy some tea then
Sounds like a good day out. Enjoy!

User avatar
May 9th, '17, 10:45
Posts: 308
Joined: Mar 25th, '17, 16:15

Re: What tea should go with this?

by williammimi70 » May 9th, '17, 10:45

jayinhk wrote:
williammimi70 wrote:
jayinhk wrote: QSN can sometimes absolutely sing with green tea. You might also have success grandpa'ing oolongs. I like pu erh in QSN too. Pu erh is probably the best option, but try all three!
Thank you
I will try these
Going to Kensington high street this weekend hopefully will find an antique pot , will stop by China town will buy some tea then
Sounds like a good day out. Enjoy!
Thank you
I will :D

+ Post Reply