Apr 20th 19 2:03 pm
Posts: 49
Joined: Sep 21st 18 6:29 am

High end Yixing clay teapots

by carmeloneo » Apr 20th 19 2:03 pm

Image
tian qing ni: https://www.ebay.com/itm/113724305756

Image
well No.4 ben shan lv ni: https://www.ebay.com/itm/113724254664

Image
well No.5 zi ni:https://www.ebay.com/itm/123741565823

Tian qing ni, ben shan lv ni, well No.4, have these teapots touched you?
To be honest, the real Yixing clay teapots sellers are very limited, follow this seller's cooperative artists Liang Shoukun and Qiu Gaigai, you needn't be worry about the quality.

Apr 22nd 19 11:38 am
Posts: 95
Joined: Oct 24th 17 4:41 pm

Re: High end Yixing clay teapots

by 12Tea » Apr 22nd 19 11:38 am

Wow, I can't afford those, but the I love the second one. It's rather cheap if it's real ben shan lv ni.

Apr 22nd 19 2:55 pm
Posts: 49
Joined: Sep 21st 18 6:29 am

Re: High end Yixing clay teapots

by carmeloneo » Apr 22nd 19 2:55 pm

12Tea wrote: Wow, I can't afford those, but the I love the second one. It's rather cheap if it's real ben shan lv ni.
Too modest :D
quality is more important than quantity, rather go without than have something shoddy.

Apr 23rd 19 3:50 pm
Posts: 49
Joined: Sep 21st 18 6:29 am

Re: High end Yixing clay teapots

by carmeloneo » Apr 23rd 19 3:50 pm

Image
Red Jiangpo clay:http://www.ebay.com/itm/113724212648

Image
Red Jiangpo clay:https://www.ebay.com/itm/123741529804

Image
Red Jiangpo clay:https://www.ebay.com/itm/123741542738

Image
Golden duan ni clay :https://www.ebay.com/itm/123742328960


Red Jiangpo clay... No rivals below $150,right?
Golden duan ni clay, somebody is familiar with Yixing clay will appreciate it.

Apr 24th 19 2:12 am
Posts: 183
Joined: Dec 2nd 10 3:53 am
Location: CA

Re: High end Yixing clay teapots

by Zared » Apr 24th 19 2:12 am

How are these high end? Low prices indicate that these are nowhere near that kinda level.

Apr 24th 19 3:27 am
Posts: 49
Joined: Sep 21st 18 6:29 am

Re: High end Yixing clay teapots

by carmeloneo » Apr 24th 19 3:27 am

Zared wrote: How are these high end? Low prices indicate that these are nowhere near that kinda level.
So you judge the quality by the price? :D ,that's indeed a good way.
If I tell you masters' clay is the same, you may think I'm talking nonsense. :roll:
As the clay is hard to judge, so there're someone fooling around with expensive garbage clay, I just can't stand that.

Apr 24th 19 3:47 am
Posts: 183
Joined: Dec 2nd 10 3:53 am
Location: CA

Re: High end Yixing clay teapots

by Zared » Apr 24th 19 3:47 am

carmeloneo wrote:
Zared wrote: How are these high end? Low prices indicate that these are nowhere near that kinda level.
So you judge the quality by the price? :D ,that's indeed a good way.
If I tell you masters' clay is the same, you may think I'm talking nonsense. :roll:
As the clay is hard to judge, so there're someone fooling around with expensive garbage clay, I just can't stand that.
No. There is no incentive for a pot to sell for less than it’s worth if it’s actually high end. There is way more incentive to sell a pot for more than it’s worth though. What makes this pot high end but priced so low?

Nobody is gonna sell a bottle of pappy van winkle to a stranger for the same price as well whisky.

Apr 24th 19 4:29 am
Posts: 49
Joined: Sep 21st 18 6:29 am

Re: High end Yixing clay teapots

by carmeloneo » Apr 24th 19 4:29 am

Zared wrote:
carmeloneo wrote:
Zared wrote: How are these high end? Low prices indicate that these are nowhere near that kinda level.
So you judge the quality by the price? :D ,that's indeed a good way.
If I tell you masters' clay is the same, you may think I'm talking nonsense. :roll:
As the clay is hard to judge, so there're someone fooling around with expensive garbage clay, I just can't stand that.
No. There is no incentive for a pot to sell for less than it’s worth if it’s actually high end. There is way more incentive to sell a pot for more than it’s worth though. What makes this pot high end but priced so low?

Nobody is gonna sell a bottle of pappy van winkle to a stranger for the same price as well whisky.
So your judgement standard is still high end teapots should have a high end price.Do you know Gu Jingzhou's teapots were sold at the price lower than $1? :shock:

I checked, author has no title, even so, I'm discussing whether the clay is high end. is the clay real?is the tian qing ni, benshan lv ni clay better than the teapots selling on website at the price more than $300? is the red Jiang po clay the best quality at this price?

Apr 24th 19 4:41 am
Posts: 104
Joined: Jan 28th 15 2:29 am

Re: High end Yixing clay teapots

by LouPepe » Apr 24th 19 4:41 am

These pots look okay, but the forms are not refined enough to be labeled “high end” IMO. And the pictures are too pixelated to see the clay in higher definition. This is the sad fate of modern yixing climate. Particularly online purchasing.

It is unrealistic to assume young artists have access to the best original mountain clays. It seems yixing market has learned what terms to throw around these last 5-10 years to make their product sound more authentic or “higher quality”. How is a customer to verify such claims? It takes years of handling pots and comparing old/new batches to even begin to have a the sensibilities to make somewhat sound judgments on quality.

Most pots in the $100-$200 range nowadays are made with decent, doped or manipulated clays to appeal to the less discerned customer :-)

Apr 24th 19 4:45 am
Posts: 49
Joined: Sep 21st 18 6:29 am

Re: High end Yixing clay teapots

by carmeloneo » Apr 24th 19 4:45 am

I'm using Tang Liping's more than $3000 teapot, also I'm using Liang Shoukun's tian qing ni Hantang Shipiao. some traditional teapots, the gap in craftsmanship is not as big as you think.
There're so many rumor makers because most tea-lovers don't know real Yixing clay, there's a book recommended, the magnified texture won't tell lies:
Image

Master Tang's teapot
Image

Apr 24th 19 2:22 pm
Posts: 11
Joined: Oct 15th 10 12:59 am

Re: High end Yixing clay teapots

by beiosto » Apr 24th 19 2:22 pm

carmeloneo wrote: I'm using Tang Liping's more than $3000 teapot, also I'm using Liang Shoukun's tian qing ni Hantang Shipiao. some traditional teapots, the gap in craftsmanship is not as big as you think.
There're so many rumor makers because most tea-lovers don't know real Yixing clay, there's a book recommended, the magnified texture won't tell lies:
Image
Can you tell me more about this book? Is it available for the western public?

Thanks,
Benito

Apr 24th 19 2:25 pm
Posts: 196
Joined: Sep 10th 18 7:09 am

Re: High end Yixing clay teapots

by FBee » Apr 24th 19 2:25 pm

For over 3000 I would rather get a Qing dynasty teapot, but that's me :lol:

User avatar
Apr 25th 19 7:53 am
Posts: 1811
Joined: Jul 9th 09 3:39 am
Location: Maui

Re: High end Yixing clay teapots

by tingjunkie » Apr 25th 19 7:53 am

The moderator is asleep at the wheel. Get this spam outta here.

User avatar
Apr 25th 19 7:56 am
Posts: 1811
Joined: Jul 9th 09 3:39 am
Location: Maui

Re: High end Yixing clay teapots

by tingjunkie » Apr 25th 19 7:56 am

12Tea wrote: Wow, I can't afford those, but the I love the second one. It's rather cheap if it's real ben shan lv ni.
Sure isn't! :lol:

Apr 25th 19 3:02 pm
Posts: 183
Joined: Dec 2nd 10 3:53 am
Location: CA

Re: High end Yixing clay teapots

by Zared » Apr 25th 19 3:02 pm

tingjunkie wrote: The moderator is asleep at the wheel. Get this spam outta here.
Too much spam now. Sorta sad what’s become of TC.